Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holidays

+2
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Holidays Empty Holidays Sat Jun 23 2012, 17:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm off to Side in Turkey on Wednesday for some sunbathing (I'm told it's in the 40's at the minute), swimming, drinking etc. That's my kind of holiday. But I'll be taking my laptop so don't panic.

Where are we all going this year?

2Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Sat Jun 23 2012, 18:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:But I'll be taking my laptop so don't panic.

Anyone who takes a laptop on holiday with them needs to get a life.

3Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Sat Jun 23 2012, 19:08

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:But I'll be taking my laptop so don't panic.

Anyone who takes a laptop on holiday with them needs to get a life.
my I pad has been invaluable on my holiday ,shows me where to go ,all the info I need about the area and I can FaceTime family at home and talk to my dogs fuckin ace.

4Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Sat Jun 23 2012, 19:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
my I pad has been invaluable on my holiday ,shows me where to go ,all the info I need about the area and I can FaceTime family at home and talk to my dogs fuckin ace.

Half the fun of going on holiday is finding your way around yourself.

5Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Sat Jun 23 2012, 20:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'm off to Side in Turkey on Wednesday for some sunbathing (I'm told it's in the 40's at the minute), swimming, drinking etc. That's my kind of holiday. But I'll be taking my laptop so don't panic.

Where are we all going this year?

Doffcocker, I went to Side a few years ago and stayed all inclusive at the Hotel Arum. Side is known as the Turkish Riviera and the beach is superb. I had my first Paraglide in Side.

Side itself is full of stalls selling fake gear from watches to designer clothing. If you decide to buy a fake watch make sure you keep hold of it. I bought my better half an imitation Rolex that looked really good and I got it for a good price. The snidy bastard running the stall asked me if I would like it in a box. When I replied in the affirmative he disappeared round the back of his stall and came back with the watch in a Rolex box. When we got back to the UK we discovered that the back of the watch had been superglued on and was not the one we had picked. Once the battery ran flat we couldn't get the back off.

6Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Sat Jun 23 2012, 20:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm off to Vietnam, and I shall be taking my iPad, iPhone, and Kindle, (can't remember where I put my iPod so will use the phone), also taking the missues, in case I want to talk to someone Smile

7Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Sat Jun 23 2012, 20:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I bought a fake Rolex when I was in Hong Kong about 5 years ago. Still works, but I felt a right tit when I went into a shop to ask for a new battery, only to be told they are self winders, and that I'd let it run down. Embarassed

8Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Sat Jun 23 2012, 20:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Being an old fart I like to relax on holiday and cut myself from the outside world. I don't even take a mobile phone. I buy a couple of paperbacks at the airport and that is my lot.

I prefer chilling out for a couple of weeks without worrying what is happening back home. It's my downtime and I would not have it any other way. The only exception I make is if football is on. I always try to find a bar to watch a match but other than that I don't worry about what is happening elsewhere.

9Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Sat Jun 23 2012, 20:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Side itself is full of stalls selling fake gear from watches to designer clothing. If you decide to buy a fake watch make sure you keep hold of it. I bought my better half an imitation Rolex that looked really good and i got it for a good price. The snidy bastard running the stall asked me if I would like it in a box. when I replied in the affirmative he disappeared round the back of his stall with the watch in a Rolex box. When we got back to the UK we discovered that the back of the watch had been superglued on and was not the one we had picked. Once the battery ran flat we couldn't get the back off.

That sounds like Turkey.

We've been to Alanya before, an hour's drive away, which was nice but lacking in Brits. We're hoping Side might be a bit different in that respect.

10Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Sat Jun 23 2012, 20:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Side is quite posh by Turkish standards.It is where the wealthy Turks go for their holidays. It is their equivalent of Torquay. They still mither you to go in their tavernas but just tell them that you are staying at the Arum and are all inclusive and have just eaten a full English breakfast and they will let you pass.

11Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Mon Jun 25 2012, 04:24

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I kid you not Walmart have a challenge 40 policy at the check outs, if you look under 40 you can be asked for ID to purchase alcohol.

12Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Mon Jun 25 2012, 07:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Only luxury item I ever take on holiday, with me, is the non-work mobile. Why would I need my ipad, laptop etc I am on holiday - away from work to refresh myself.

Saying that, this year is a cheap year so only holiday is a friends apartment in Benidorm - otherwsie its to Bolton for Bolton games or Dusseldorf to visit the girlfriends family.

13Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Mon Jun 25 2012, 11:02

bwfc71 wrote:Saying that, this year is a cheap year so only holiday is a friends apartment in Benidorm - and Dusseldorf to visit the girlfriends family.

Seems a long way to travel to meet your imaginary girlfriends imaginary parents.

14Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Mon Jun 25 2012, 11:18

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Saying that, this year is a cheap year so only holiday is a friends apartment in Benidorm - and Dusseldorf to visit the girlfriends family.

Seems a long way to travel to meet your imaginary girlfriends imaginary parents.

2 to 2.5 hours by train from Amsterdam Centraal! Not that far at all. And they are not imaginary - just because you live a loneseome existance and have to spend your "creative" time with a keyboard on a Bolton Wanderers forum just seems to prove my point about you. Last few days for me have been very productive.

15Holidays Empty Re: Holidays Mon Jun 25 2012, 11:19

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Angry Dad wrote:I kid you not Walmart have a challenge 40 policy at the check outs, if you look under 40 you can be asked for ID to purchase alcohol.

I had that in one of the Black Angus restaurants. I had to prove my age, although at the time I was 34!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum