Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are people heading on their holidays this summer?

+9
Hip Priest
wanderlust
Cajunboy
Whitesince63
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
boltonbonce
Mad Dog
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I’ve just returned from 2 weeks away, was in Switzerland, was really so nice. Lucerne is like the nicest city ever, really scenic around there and had a week in Ascona, what a great place. 
Couple of people I work with said it was an unusual place to holiday. I didn’t see many British cars whilst there, maybe it was early in the season or maybe not so many British people head there. 
I used to like Italy but it’s changed a lot for the worse  when I was there in 2018.  
Where are others heading this summer?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:I’ve just returned from 2 weeks away, was in Switzerland, was really so nice. Lucerne is like the nicest city ever, really scenic around there and had a week in Ascona, what a great place. 
Couple of people I work with said it was an unusual place to holiday. I didn’t see many British cars whilst there, maybe it was early in the season or maybe not so many British people head there. 
I used to like Italy but it’s changed a lot for the worse  when I was there in 2018.  
Where are others heading this summer?
The judge hasn't decided yet.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Off to Portugal at the end of July and can't wait. All inclusive so will make full use of that  Very Happy

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lytham St. Anne’s and Isla Holbox

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will be somewhere in the UK this year although Devon has been mentioned, I haven't a clue yet as it will be a last minute thing!

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It’s Norfolk Coast for us this year, I’m afraid abroad is getting both too hot now for old fogies like us and not the place it used to be, Europe especially. No doubt you could say the same here for many places which is why the much quieter areas like Norfolk and Northumberland are preferred. I still think the best place of all is Northern Scotland but it’s just too far to drive these days.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Will be somewhere in the UK this year although Devon has been mentioned, I haven't a clue yet as it will be a last minute thing!
Didn't you once try to set fire to Devon with a disposable barbie? I think I gave you a bit of a reputation as a pyromaniac. Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Didn't you once try to set fire to Devon with a disposable barbie? I think I gave you a bit of a reputation as a pyromaniac. Very Happy
That reminds me of one of my finest hours many years ago. Had a disposible barbecue, lit it and put it on my garden table. Weent back inside for a bit and looked out the window a while later to see my PLASTIC table melting and on fire  Very Happy

What a goon!

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Back garden.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Fri Jun 16 2023, 16:42; edited 1 time in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
That reminds me of one of my finest hours many years ago. Had a disposible barbecue, lit it and put it on my garden table. Weent back inside for a bit and looked out the window a while later to see my PLASTIC table melting and on fire  Very Happy

What a goon!
Ha. Reminds me of the time I tried to iron the creases out of a plastic tablecloth. I ruined the tablecloth AND mum's iron.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Will be somewhere in the UK this year although Devon has been mentioned, I haven't a clue yet as it will be a last minute thing!

That was around 7 years ago and haven’t been back since so hopefully it has been forgotten about. Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

What a goon!

Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:

What a goon!
Ha. Reminds me of the time I tried to iron the creases out of a plastic tablecloth. I ruined the tablecloth AND mum's iron.

lol!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:It’s Norfolk Coast for us this year, I’m afraid abroad is getting both too hot now for old fogies like us and not the place it used to be, Europe especially. No doubt you could say the same here for many places which is why the much quieter areas like Norfolk and Northumberland are preferred. I still think the best place of all is Northern Scotland but it’s just too far to drive these days.

When are you visiting White? Always welcome to pop in for a cuppa, a cucumber sandwich and a slice of Victoria sponge in the garden.

I'd PM you about but having had the messaging thing restored this morning "the administrator" has removed my access again Smile

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Off to Katowice in Poland for 3 days on Thursday. The missus's dad was polish and she's never been to Poland. The nipper (Doffcocker) wants to slip across the border into the czech republic so he can tick another country off his list so we will probably be doing that as well.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going to Tenerife for the first time in August. For some reason the Canary Islands have never appealed to me so I've never been but this is for a stag do for one of the lads I play footie with so I'm happy to be the token pensioner along with his dad. I know it's not far from the coast of the Gambia which I have been to so I know what to expect climate wise and will be suitably prepared with factor gazillion. Obviously won't have much time for sight seeing, but can anyone recommend some decent bars and clubs than don't involve goldfish bowls of turquoise drain cleaner?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I'm going to Tenerife for the first time in August. For some reason the Canary Islands have never appealed to me so I've never been but this is for a stag do for one of the lads I play footie with so I'm happy to be the token pensioner along with his dad. I know it's not far from the coast of the Gambia which I have been to so I know what to expect climate wise and will be suitably prepared with factor gazillion. Obviously won't have much time for sight seeing, but can anyone recommend some decent bars and clubs than don't involve goldfish bowls of turquoise drain cleaner?
Which resort in Tenerife Lusty? If its one of the popular ones then get used to goldfish bowls and shit lager  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stag do’s are always a big no no for pensioners Lusty Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Which resort in Tenerife Lusty? If its one of the popular ones then get used to goldfish bowls and shit lager  Very Happy
I believe it's Playa de las Americas - which I'm guessing is a bit like Benidorm Smile

There are 15 of us going, all 23 to 32 apart from me and his dad so I'm guessing it's going to get messy....

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Stag do’s are always a big no no for pensioners Lusty Very Happy
Kinda hoping it's my mate who will get the stag do treatment - but I wouldn't put it past them to roofie me and Hammerite my bollocks just for something to put on our Whatsapp group Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum