Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you go in holiday by yourself?

+12
NickFazer
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Dinae Moe Humm
Triumph
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok_Rebel
Soul Kitchen
Michael Bolton
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would you go on holiday by yourself?

Would you go in holiday by yourself? Vote_lcap74%Would you go in holiday by yourself? Vote_rcap 74% [ 14 ]
Would you go in holiday by yourself? Vote_lcap26%Would you go in holiday by yourself? Vote_rcap 26% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Would you go in holiday by yourself? Empty Would you go in holiday by yourself? Wed May 08 2013, 07:22

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In a follow up to angry day's holiday question, I want to ask would you go in holiday by yourself if you were single? I would love to go to Rome or Barcelona but by oneself is a bit shit. No one to go to restaurants or bars with, no one to have breakfast with and plan what to do. It's just a bit of a lonely experience.

So would you go on holiday by yourself? Honest answers only.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:In a follow up to angry day's holiday question, I want to ask would you go in holiday by yourself if you were single? I would love to go to Rome or Barcelona but by oneself is a bit shit. No one to go to restaurants or bars with, no one to have breakfast with and plan what to do. It's just a bit of a lonely experience.

So would you go on holiday by yourself? Honest answers only.
A happy guy like you would soon have somebody to converse with. My Mrs says I'll talk to anyone, I even talk to her!!
So yes.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think I could.

I never have, however there are certain things I want to do - such as visit places like the grand canyon and the Sistine chapel (Ive already done the pyramids.)

If I couldn't get anybody to come with me then i could happily go and explore those places on my own, I really don't think it would be much different if im honest.

That said, saying and then actually 'doing' it are 2 different things.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've travelled abroad many times by myself for business.

Usually only for a day or two though. Which I quite enjoy.

Not sure I'd enjoy a 2 week holiday somewhere by myself though.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would absolutely bloody love it. Especially somewhere like Thailand where company isn't hard to find as long as you have deep pockets.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Have to say no, i need the wife with me to really enjoy it but if you are single its a great opportunity to meet foriegn girls who can be a lot friendlier than ours so go for it.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Only if I had to but yes I suppose.

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I'd go travelling on my own if I had to, you tend to meet people when staying in hostels anyway.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too right i would.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always go on holiday by myself. Other people are twats.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When in the Army, I would be posted anything from a couple of weeks to 4 or 6 months on my own. Although I got by, I much prefer to have my other half with me. When in the States I drove across from the East Coast across to the Cherokee Indian reservation in the Great Smoky Mountains. Liked it so much went back some years later, with the other half, but drove down from Washington. It was a much nicer experience.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Went to Cyprus on my own once and it was great, I spoke to loads more people than I would have done if with a bunch of mates or even girlfriend. Eating in a restaurant was a bit strange, they try to put you in a corner if alone, and a week was long enough but it was good.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't understand the Question... Wink

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

gloswhite wrote:When in the Army, I would be posted anything from a couple of weeks to 4 or 6 months on my own. Although I got by, I much prefer to have my other half with me. When in the States I drove across from the East Coast across to the Cherokee Indian reservation in the Great Smoky Mountains. Liked it so much went back some years later, with the other half, but drove down from Washington. It was a much nicer experience.

Did you drive the blue ridge parkway?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I don't understand the Question... Wink

Well spotted! Smile

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I was going somewhere like Australia, to visit Ayers Rock or the Great Barrier Reef, or the Grand Canyon in America then I would certainly want my partner with me to share the experience but if I was just going on a beach holiday, I could quite happily go alone and spend most of the day reading on a beach. A lot depends on the type of holiday.

Sightseeing is much better when shared.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:
gloswhite wrote:When in the Army, I would be posted anything from a couple of weeks to 4 or 6 months on my own. Although I got by, I much prefer to have my other half with me. When in the States I drove across from the East Coast across to the Cherokee Indian reservation in the Great Smoky Mountains. Liked it so much went back some years later, with the other half, but drove down from Washington. It was a much nicer experience.

I did, both ways. although it wasn't quite ready for thge 'fall' but still very nice, with some brilliant views over the Shenandoah valley, etc. When I drove down from Washington was on the western side which had all the American Civil War places to visit, (Stonewall Jackson, etc), and on the way back drove up the eastern side which was all about the War of Independence. Yorktown and all that. Excellent trip.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Spot on RT. Been to all those, and it wouldn't have been the same without the missus. Actually, when I went to Vegas I never actually got to see the Grand Canyon. The day I had earmarked I had a hangover like the gardens of Babylon, and didn't fancy it.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have never been to Vegas. I would love to go but my other half doesn't fancy it.

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

gloswhite wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:

I did, both ways. although it wasn't quite ready for thge 'fall' but still very nice, with some brilliant views over the Shenandoah valley, etc. When I drove down from Washington was on the western side which had all the American Civil War places to visit, (Stonewall Jackson, etc), and on the way back drove up the eastern side which was all about the War of Independence. Yorktown and all that. Excellent trip.

I did it last summer from Washington, as you say great views and places to stop off at. Basically did the entire east coast from Boston to Orlando, with a detour to Memphis.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum