Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SKD Granted Testimonial

+4
scottjames30
WhiteBic
Boggersbelief
SKDArmy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SKD Granted Testimonial Empty SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 15:21

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

DEPARTING Wanderers skipper Kevin Davies has been granted a testimonial by the club for a decade of service, The Bolton News can exclusively reveal.

Davies is out of contract at the Reebok this summer after being told in March he would not be getting a new deal.

The 36-year-old did not figure in the final eight matches after being told he would be surplus to requirements and that led to a debate over whether he would get a testimonial.

But the man who is the club's all-time Premier League top scorer and has made more than 400 appearances will now have a chance to say a proper farewell to the Whites fans, though no date has yet been announced for any benefit game.

The match has been approved by the Football League and Davies will now form a testimonial committee that will put in place arrangements for his testimonial events including a match at the Reebok Stadium.

See Saturday's The Bolton News for the full story

I can't help but be suspicious of the timing of this announcement, is the club again trying to appease the supporters and try and smother the news of the sponsor?

2SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 15:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Davies is our all time top scorer in the prem?

Jesus.

3SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 15:26

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:Davies is our all time top scorer in the prem?

Jesus.

Didn't you know? He hit double figures at least once.

4SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 15:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought it was Nolan

5SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 15:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

(In a season) He was once the top English scorer in the PL , even ahead of Rooney.

I think he got 12 or something like that, I remember because I was telling every UTD fan I knew.

6SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 16:26

scottjames30 wrote:(In a season) He was once the top English scorer in the PL , even ahead of Rooney.

I think he got 12 or something like that, I remember because I was telling every UTD fan I knew.

Think he was joint top scoring English striker one season (with Rooney), but Gerrard scored more from midfield.

7SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 16:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can tell you the date without even knowing, it will be the last friendly of the season just before the season kicks off, just like Jussis was.

I can't help feeling this was a planned release to get a few fans back onside after the QuickQuid thing.

8SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 16:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

I can't help feeling this was a planned release to get a few fans back onside after the QuickQuid thing.

It wouldn't surprise me .

9SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 17:17

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:I thought it was Nolan

Shit fan.

10SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 17:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder who it'll be against ?

I'll be there, i'm a good fan unlike Boggers Very Happy

11SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 17:22

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He should have a joint one with Ricardo against Jamaica.

12SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 17:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:He should have a joint one with Ricardo against Jamaica.
That'll be good.

13SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 18:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm the best fan on here.

14SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 18:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Any word on where the proceeds will go?

15SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 18:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Probably his own charity, SKD Kids or what ever it's called.

16SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 19:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Any word on where the proceeds will go?

to gartsdei prbly wnksr.

17SKD Granted Testimonial Empty Re: SKD Granted Testimonial Fri May 31 2013, 19:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Any word on where the proceeds will go?

to gartsdei prbly wnksr.

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum