Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Return of the traditional FA Cup Final

+3
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The FA Cup final is going to go back to being the last football match of the season.

So it should you money oriented tossers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22966747

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn't agree more. The last football game in May. As it should be.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This quoted bit is a load of tripe.....

There have been various reasons, not least the two Champions League finals at Wembley Stadium, which have been fantastic occasions and required huge resources and a massive build up time behind the scenes."

They've hosted the League 2, League 1 and the Championship play off finals on consecutive days before now. Let's not forget that the Champions League final has been moved to a saturday as well.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I'm not bothered its usually crap, i prefer the play offs.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thy have milked the new Wembley for all it is worth. They have preyed on the concept that Wembley is the home of football  ( based on the theory that England won the World Cup in 66 ) 

Semi Finals in the FA Cup were always played at a neutral venue and designated according to the draw.

The current shower of shit running the FA do not give a fuck about the fans. It's all about revenue and corporate sponsorship.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It was tradition to play it on the FIRST saturday in May. It should go back to then and if the big teams complain about playing too many games then they should do what Arsenal do and get knocked out early.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's definitely a step in the right direction, the way the FA Cup Final was treated this year was shameful, but IMO too much damage has been done in the last few years to the FA cup and it will never mean as much as it did in years gone by. These days it's a slightly more glamorous version of the League Cup and the financial implications of dropping a division will ensure most clubs continue to treat it as low priority for the foreseeable future. I can remember the days when getting knocked out the cup was an absolute disaster that depressed me for weeks but nowadays it's a case of it being a distraction that's now out of the way. Sad. Very sad.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You're right Hip Priest it has been devalued and means nothing to a lot of clubs and fans.

If I wasn't a Burnley fan for all these years then I could quite easily walk away from football.

'kin circus

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:

If I wasn't a Burnley fan for all these years then I could quite easily walk away from football.

I'll let somebody else say it.

You set 'em up, Stan.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum