Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Glastonbury - would you like to be there this weekend?

+11
Hip Priest
Banks of the Croal
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
wanderlust
scottjames30
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I bloody hate Glastonbury and I hate everyone who goes there.
Here are my reasons why:
It is full of tossers. 
The only people who go to Glastonbury are people called Krispin and Ruth. 
They all have a chip on their shoulder and are eco warriors. 
They all believe in pointing stones in a northernly direction to give off a positive vibe. 
They all smoke cannabis and think they are important.
They all take their guitars to play in their tents on a night.
They all wear army clothing as casual wear.
They all congregate around the toilets putting the world to rights about being green.
They all arrive at Glastonbury in a Volkswagen camper van.
It is just a gathering of complete and utter bellends.

What is your take on Glastonbury?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I bloody hate Glastonbury and I hate everyone who goes there.
Here are my reasons why:
The only people who go to Glastonbury are people called Krispin and Ruth. 

What is your take on Glastonbury?

It's Crispin! ::seething::

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No, the bill at Glastonbury is shit once again. They had a half decent bill about five years ago but from what I've seen recently the highlight of the weekend is the mud wrestling!

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wouldn't mind going to see the Stones there this year.

Although I'd have to have my own fenced off area, personal toilet, 3 barrels of Moorhouses blond witch and a caravan with the gas and electricity piped up.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds good.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I wouldn't mind going to see the Stones there this year.

Although I'd have to have my own fenced off area, personal toilet, 3 barrels of Moorhouses blond witch and a caravan with the gas and electricity piped up.

Glamping, Burnley-style.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No thanks.
Someone I work with who lectures in Marketing goes every year with his wife and kids. He's in his 50s and his kids are in their 20s.
He's a tosser at work and he's the sort of person who raves all year about 'Glasto'
He's welcome to it - but when the gobshite gets back we'll all have to hear about how great it was.
 And Marketing isn't a proper subject any way

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I went to Glasto a few years ago when the Arctic monkeys headlined, think it was 2007.

I got a couple of tickets of a guy I used to work with as he couldn't go with only a fortnights notice and me and a mate went.

Il be honest, there were a lot of 'new-age' hippy wankers there calling themselves 'Druids' and the like, but most were just pretty normal young lads and lasses. I got pissed and stoned for a whole weekend. It was a very enjoyable experience if im honest.

I saw the Kooks, Amy winehouse, the Fratellis, Kasabien, The who and 'Dame Shirley Bassey' belive it or not...

most were shite, however - the arctic monkeys at Glastonbury was the best gig I have EVER been to in my life.

As far as festivals are concerned though, 'V' is better...

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I went to one festival in my life and never again. Bickershaw in 72 was a mud bath however I knew what bands were on,unlike glasto, and went for that reason.
There was some great bands on but the field and the weather put me off for life.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I went to one festival in my life and never again. Bickershaw in 72 was a mud bath however I knew what bands were on,unlike glasto, and went for that reason.
There was some great bands on but the field and the weather put me off for life.

Ha! New Riders of the Purple Sage.
Believe me, all festies aren't like that.

I'd go to Glastonbury if only for a few days relaxation. Went to the first one and haven't been since. Seems really commercial these days.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And the Dead and Beefheart for starters. Musically top drawer but the conditions pissed me off.
My mates used to go regular but I much preffered the comfort of a gig at the time. FTH was in it's pomp then.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

love to see the stones. anyway they're live on tv tomorrow.

just watching the arctic monkeys enjoying it

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

"I went to one festival in my life and never again. Bickershaw in 72 was a mud bath however I knew what bands were on,unlike glasto, and went for that reason.
There was some great bands on but the field and the weather put me off for life."

I was there too SK and just like you it was enough to put me off festivals for life. I've never been to one since either. Absolutely pissed it down the whole weekend. The main attractions for me were Beefheart and the Grateful Dead but by the time the Dead got onstage on the Sunday I was exhausted, pissed wet through and thoroughly pissed off and went home early in my mate's dad's car.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

HP
I managed to see a fair chunk of the Dead set but they were still on stage when I departed for the last bus. Missed some good stuff with my self imposed festival ban, but that's life!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to go to Stonehenge in the early days as it was very chilled and we got to sit on the stones at sunrise. Crap bands, occasional trouble from the Angels, but by and large hippy central and very laid back.

Nobody ever go to Deeply Vale?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arctic Monkeys headlining.

I'd rather listen to a drill for 2 hours.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Arctic Monkeys headlining.

I'd rather listen to a drill for 2 hours.

It was nothing special.
Did anyone else watch? When they announced they were finishing I think a lot of the crowd were thinking is that it? 
At least The Proclaimers are on tonight Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Stones will be the main attraction today.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:The Stones will be the main attraction today.

But they are all knackered, they must be all in their 70s

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum