Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spearing KB's interbreds cos he wants to come to bolton

+4
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
rammywhite
Born to be a wanderer
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Poxy 1.5 million agreed with chicken town Rovers

Yet Spearing wants to come to us 1.5 million for a player who gives heart and soul.Long season big squad needed.Not as if we have been splashing out is it.Fukin ridiculous if we miss out on him.

I heard he rejected them anyway? Budget is surely tight, Dougie may be waiting on other targets first (I think we need a center back and a striker before a midfielder) or he feels we don't need him.

Don't worry about it, we're in safe hands this year Dougie will sort it.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Might not be the fee- it could be the money he's after. At Liverpool he'll be on big money and last season they would have paid a good bit of his wages with us picking up the balance. Hence Dougie wants him on loan with them picking up some of the tab. But as Rogers has made plain the he has no future at Liverpool- then they'll want him off the books completely.
That means a big cut in money for Spearing- and he might not like it!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where does this come from? Bolton News reported:

Bolton may have been given a glimmer of hope in their efforts to land Jay Spearing after Blackburn's overtures were rebuffed by the Liverpool midfielder.

The BN and Marc Iles in particular don't exactly have a glowing record in predicting what will happen in the transfer window - so do you have another source?

Last edited by wanderlust on Sun Jul 14 2013, 19:03; edited 1 time in total

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd imagine Spearing would be on at least 30K a week at Liverpool, so he might have to take a cut to sign for us. Spearing is out of contract at the end of this coming season, so we can rule out a loan deal for him, as Liverpool, will want some money for him.

I think £1.5 million is just about within our reach, plus his wages.

Dougie is a shrewd manager though, so we might get Spearing even cheaper. I think it's looking good for us and Spearing. Smile

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was in one of today's papers wandy, the people IIRC.

We haven't been splashing the cash as we're saving it for a "special project"

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He won't be on anywhere near 30K

more likely 15 ish

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:He won't be on anywhere near 30K

more likely 15 ish

I reckon Lofty is probably nearer the mark simply because Spearing came through the ranks at Liverpool and wasn't a regular first teamer when Brendan took over.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:It was in one of today's papers wandy, the people IIRC.

Liverpool’s Jay Spearing will snub a move to Blackburn because he wants a return to Bolton, writes Alan Nixon of the Sunday People.

The midfielder is a £1.5million target for Rovers who have agreed a deal, but the Kop discovery is unwilling to join them.

Now Spearing, who was Player of the Year at the Reebok during a year-long loan, is hoping Bolton agree a fee.

Spearing has struggled to get regular football at Anfield.

He broke into the team in 2008 as 20-year-old but found a first team place difficult to tie down, forcing him out on loan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Spearing is showing that level of loyalty and commitment to us then I hope Dougie recognises it and Liverpool don't take the piss.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum