Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jay Spearing: Confident Bolton on the up

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jay Spearing says struggling Bolton will go to Birmingham with renewed confidence on Saturday following an improved performance at Blackpool in midweek.

The Trotters, who have yet to win a league game this season and lie 23rd in the Championship table, drew 0-0 with their Lancashire rivals.

And Spearing saw signs that the club are improving following what has been a very poor start to the season.

"We played as a unit throughout and created chances again but just weren't able to finish them. As a full game, I thought we played really well.

"Not just myself, but all the lads feel we are turning a corner. The last couple of games we've created a lot of chances and tightened up at the back.

"We've made some mistakes which we weren't happy about but we've stuck together and got behind the gaffer and we're now getting the way we want to play.

"It's a massive game at Birmingham. They have really kicked on in the last couple of home games so we know it is going to be tough. But we go there full of confidence after Tuesday and fingers crossed we can come out with something good.

"They are more under pressure because they are the home side and they have to come at us and try to get the home crowd behind them.

"But if we can stay as a unit as we did on Tuesday I feel we can get something out of the game."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Starting to sound a bit like fanny coyle isnt he.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm guessing Birmingham are not under more pressure than us. Worst start in 100+ years Jay, choke on that you useless bastard.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm guessing Birmingham are not under more pressure than us. Worst start in 100+ years Jay, choke on that you useless bastard.
I'm more bothered about how we finish.

Loving the PR spiel Jay is pumping out recently - next club captain after Knight is sold for "an undisclosed fee" (i.e. £750k) in January?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather he did something on the pitch.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Good grief there all deluded,

They must have edited out the bit where he said "None of our strikers are capable of hitting a cow's arse with a banjo, so we need to bring someone in on loan who can actually fucking score the odd goal or two."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum