Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jamaican athletes test positive for banned substances!

+3
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5 Jamaican athletes have tested positive for banned substances, which include Powell!  Gay has also tested positive.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm surprised about Asafa Powell but Tyson Gay doesn't surprise me tbh. There are many unscrupulous individuals out there who are constantly creating masking agents to allow athletes to cheat.

It's happened in American Football and the UFC so why should athletics be any different? If cheats think they can get away with it then they will. Sport is big business and the rewards are enormous so when they are found out they should be banned for life and all corporate sponsorship be removed immediately.

Why should cheats be allowed to prosper?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

American 100m record holder Tyson Gay and Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell, a former 100m world record holder, have both failed drug tests.

Gay's A sample from an out-of-competition test in May returned a positive result for a substance which has not yet been revealed.

He has now withdrawn from the forthcoming World Championships and promised to take any punishment "like a man", although he denied knowingly taking a performance-enhancing drug.

http://www1.skysports.com/athletics/news/12040/8824169/Sprinters-Tyson-Gay-and-Asafa-Powell-have-failed-drug-tests

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:American 100m record holder Tyson Gay and Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell, a former 100m world record holder, have both failed drug tests.

Gay's A sample from an out-of-competition test in May returned a positive result for a substance which has not yet been revealed.

He has now withdrawn from the forthcoming World Championships and promised to take any punishment "like a man", although he denied knowingly taking a performance-enhancing drug.

http://www1.skysports.com/athletics/news/12040/8824169/Sprinters-Tyson-Gay-and-Asafa-Powell-have-failed-drug-tests

The substance which has not yet been revealed will probably be a hybrid creation of the anabolic steroid called Winstrol. It's probably one of the most prevalent and successful performance enhancing drugs.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course Gay has blamed one of his coaches.

these athletes never take responsibility for their actions.

Gay is an embarrassment, he couldn't even beat bolt while pumping himself full of steroids.

Asafa was finished anyway I'm not surprised he's been doing it.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Such a shame as I love athletics, why do they risk it? They always get found out.
It seems the norm in these sports which are about physical power that people will take drugs to improve their performance.

I remember reading someone's argument that all athletes should be allowed to take drugs and therefore no one can cheat.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Drugs in sport should be taboo. Fine for recreational purposes if that floats your boat but not when it comes to sporting excellence.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it was last year when I watched a program about how drugs wont be used in the future but instead athletes DNA will be altered which won't be picked up by drug tests.  I seem to remember it was something to do with the Chinese.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I think it was last year when I watched a program about how drugs wont be used in the future but instead athletes DNA will be altered which won't be picked up by drug tests.  I seem to remember it was something to do with the Chinese.

The Chinese have been at the forefront when it comes to drug enhancement. Some of the young Chines women gymnasts have long been suspected of being given drugs to delay the onset of puberty. It's a multi million pound business.

For every cheat out there achieving glory on the back of medical enhancement there is a dedicated team of scientists being paid to expose them.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Has-beens and never-wuzzes. An embarrassment for the country and the sport and I've been waiting on the usual "I demand a second test because I never knowingly yadda-yadda..." but they are surprisingly blase so far. Apologies and never-knowinglies but nobody seems really surprised.

Except me.

Why does the headline say "Jamaican athletes" when Tyson Gay is included in the story?

:face2:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Because the story was about 5 people all from one country testing positive, USA's Gay was an after thought and didn't deserve its own thread...

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good job i'm not an athlete .

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cannabis can leave your bloodstream within 72 hours but cocaine is a bastard. It stays in your body and gets absorbed in your hair follicles. The reason why the police remove a root of your hair when carrying out a drug test is because it can stay in your hair for weeks and months after.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Gay's response was a little odd... he'll take his punishment like a man and he was let down by someone... don't imagine that would be my response - guilty or not.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum