Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you think space goes on forever?

+7
Sluffy
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Michael Bolton
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Do you think space goes on forever? Tue Jul 16 2013, 20:19

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can't quite get my head around this but surely space must go on forever because how can it possibly end, but how can it go on forever? How did it ever begin? Surely there should be nothing and no life or space ever exist?

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No. its inside something else.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:No. its inside something else.

Laughing 

the dream of a dog?

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Laughing 

the dream of a dog?
Now that really is a stupid thing to say.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Laughing 

the dream of a dog?

please enlighten me with your theory.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Laughing 

the dream of a dog?

No you think you are the dogs nads you work it out, but i dont think you have the intelliigence to do that from your previous reply.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Brian Limond:confused:

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Laughing 

the dream of a dog?

No you think you are the dogs nads you work it out, but i dont think you have the intelliigence to do that from your previous reply.

well that was an interesting discussion.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Laughing 

the dream of a dog?

well that was an interesting discussion.

Shouldn't have brought dogs into it , what do they know about anything other than walkies and treats.

10Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Tue Jul 16 2013, 21:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you not heard that before.

"maybe this is all happening inside the dream of a dog"

It's just an extension from "maybe this is all a dream"

It's just philosophy to make you think.

11Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Tue Jul 16 2013, 21:30

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Ok HN i reckon the universe is a small working part of something we would not be able to comprehend.

12Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Tue Jul 16 2013, 21:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well thats true really isn't it.

we can only comprehend whats in front of our eyes, our own galaxy, the tiny part of the universe we've discovered and observed. the greater universe is impossible to comprehend.

13Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Tue Jul 16 2013, 21:39

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yes its the old microbes in the Rockpool  on the beach when the tides out story, I'm sure you have heard that one.

14Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Wed Jul 17 2013, 13:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Space is infinite, it's continually expanding, like a balloon, only it won't burst like a balloon

15Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:04

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The end of the universe is the walls of the Atom that we currently sit in.

All the atoms in our universe contain other tiny universes and the atom we are in is in itself a tiny part of another universe containing bigger atoms and so on...

Head fuck eh?

PS - to prevent hipster being his usual annoying self, I don't ACTUALLY believe any of the above is true or proven.

16Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Wed Jul 17 2013, 16:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon you'd keep going till you hit a brick wall, but then you'd get your kango drill out and start smashing away, climb through and so on and so on, the problem is you'd die before you'd hit the wall so, it's fucked up.

17Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Wed Jul 17 2013, 23:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I quite like Hipsters posts although I do seem to be in a minority on this thread.

I saw a couple of BBC TV's Horizon programmes some months back that explained a number of current thoughts on this and other 'space' stuff.

They are well beyond my ability to explain them simply on here but most of them work on the basis that the 'Big Bang' (the real one not the one with Sheldon and his mates in!) was not the start of everything - there was something existing before the BB - and that there are other dimensions that we have yet to find or understand.

Put as simply as I can understand it myself - there is a problem with gravity - there doesn't seem to be as much as it as there should be simply in our universe (is the rest of it in use in other dimensions?) and also the thing that 'drives' and keeps the universe 'together' - dark matter and dark energy - as simply not been found yet - and part of the understanding towards all of that was the search for the Higgs bosun - also known as the God particle!

Space is simply beyond our comprehension - if we could travel at the speed of light it would take us over four years just to visit the nearest star to us - I was reading the other day of a gas cloud they had just found out there, which would take an estimated six million light years just to go from one end of it to the other!

I find stuff like this fascinating!

18Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Wed Jul 17 2013, 23:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is a well documented scientific fact that there are countless entire galaxies billions of light-years away.

19Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Thu Jul 18 2013, 07:57

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You will fall off the end eventually.

20Do you think space goes on forever? Empty Re: Do you think space goes on forever? Thu Jul 18 2013, 08:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Space has to be infinite because if any defined boundary appears to exist, what's beyond that?
My guess would be space.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum