Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bolton Nuts Meltdown

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Bolton Nuts Meltdown Empty The Bolton Nuts Meltdown Fri Jul 19 2013, 22:42

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Burnley have signed two players today in Scott Arfield and Ryan Noble (yes I can hear you saying 'who?')

Now imagine that Mark Davies (McCann) and Marvin Sordell (Paterson) had left for free and these two in Arfield and Noble were your only outfield signings so far.

What would this site be like?

I know that Reebok Rebel would have had an heart attack by now.

You need to go up this season because there are troubled times ahead, and I don't just mean a site meltdown.

2The Bolton Nuts Meltdown Empty Re: The Bolton Nuts Meltdown Fri Jul 19 2013, 22:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Burnley have signed two players today in Scott Arfield and Ryan Noble (yes I can hear you saying 'who?')

Now imagine that Mark Davies (McCann) and Marvin Sordell (Paterson) had left for free and these two  in Arfield and Noble were your only outfield signings so far.

What would this site be like?

I know that Reebok Rebel would have had an heart attack by now.

You need to go up this season because there are troubled times ahead, and I don't just mean a site meltdown.

We have had many years in the doldrums but it doesn't phase the faithful. Every season is just another challenge. I reckon we will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. In Dougie we trust.

3The Bolton Nuts Meltdown Empty Re: The Bolton Nuts Meltdown Fri Jul 19 2013, 23:14

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote: I reckon we will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. In Dougie we trust.

So do I Reebok Trotter.

It's going to come at a huge cost though (in Championship terms) and if you don't make it then next summer will be one of discontent.

The Financial Fair Play rules don't suit a club like Bolton (as it is now) and Gartside would have voted against it, if he had the chance.

4The Bolton Nuts Meltdown Empty Re: The Bolton Nuts Meltdown Sat Jul 20 2013, 09:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know the Premier League is the place to be financially but I enjoyed last season in the Championship more than many of the seasons we had in the Prem.

5The Bolton Nuts Meltdown Empty Re: The Bolton Nuts Meltdown Sat Jul 20 2013, 17:18

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Unfortunately the old BWFC logo and the 188bet signs will be staying for a while for 2 main reasons!

1. Cost of replacing them - getting new logo's made, cost of removing the old ones and replacing them with the news ones, hire of scaffolding cossts etc etc etc

2. Planning permission has to be granted and as that only meets up a few times a year, nowadays, wll take time and from what I can gather from someone on the inside they have applied but there has been rejections by some of those who live on the A6 so a full commission has to be undertaken!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum