Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Megson Sacked

+8
wanderlust
xmiles
Lofty_Love
Banks of the Croal
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Megson Sacked Empty I know 'we have to move on' BUT.... Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Gary Megson has been sacked!

2Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had a feeling Mandaric was starting to regret his appointment!

3Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:26

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

After all that he had done for 'that lot'?

On the bright side, Spring is almost here - great time for gardening.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Megson must have a better garden than Percy Thrower.

5Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was always going to get the push as soon as Wednesday went through a bad patch, although it seems a strange time to sack him after beating their main rivals at the weekend.

I will never understand why Chairmen continue to give highly paid jobs to managers who have done nothing but fail.

Megson is shite, but watch him arrive somewhere else before the season is out.

6Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:34

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Strange decision, third in the league, anyway it might stop him from trying to be a clever Cnut... Slagging us off and all that.

7Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Spot on Natasha.

Some managers just don't ever struggle to find work despite their CV being nothing better than patchy.

But the writing was on the wall for Megson the minute they lost to Chesterfield. Mandaric had made his mind up by then and had been talking to other managers a number of days before the derby which prompted Megson to complain to the Manager's Association.

8Megson Sacked Empty Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 00:04

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The majority of us said he was terrible, others didnt believe us, the media didnt believe us, Sheffield Wednesday didnt believe us... we were right.

Wonder what excuse he will come up with this time, he can't blame the 'terrible fans' anymore since he stated that his beloved Wednesdays fans were proper ones.. poor manager, and an even worse attitude.

Also firms my belief even more that Megson is more to blame than Coyle in regards to our current situation, Megson took a top side and destroyed it, Coyle has been trying to save a relegation candidate, and he successfully did last year..

No one seems to give him credit for this, if meggo had stayed we would be playing Watford next, not Man City.

9Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 00:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lofty_Love wrote:The majority of us said he was terrible, others didnt believe us, the media didnt believe us, Sheffield Wednesday didnt believe us... we were right.

Wonder what excuse he will come up with this time, he can't blame the 'terrible fans' anymore since he stated that his beloved Wednesdays fans were proper ones.. poor manager, and an even worse attitude.

Also firms my belief even more that Megson is more to blame than Coyle in regards to our current situation, Megson took a top side and destroyed it, Coyle has been trying to save a relegation candidate, and he successfully did last year..

No one seems to give him credit for this, if meggo had stayed we would be playing Watford next, not Man City.

I genuinely feel disappointed that he's been sacked.

At the moment, they're statistically better than when he was appointed, which gives the bastard a load of satisfaction.

Looking at their form since they lost their best player, they were a sinking ship and it was only a matter of weeks before he would be looked upon as an official failure. Him getting the chop now means he gets to add another ostensibly good job to his CV and therefore won't have much trouble finding another club to ruin.

10Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 00:51

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ive got to say though, if you get sacked as the manager of Sheffield Wednesday, in League One.. Id class that as an official failure, its not as is they as small club is it.. I think I could probably get Wednesday promoted ha.

Took a European Cup team into the relegation zone when we gave him loads of money to use, and then got sacked by a League One team with plentiful resources. He might get signed again but he doesn't exactly have a shinning CV...

lets be honest here, he went from premier league to league one, he says he had better offers but 'he loved the club'.. we know hes a fecking bullshitter, I really don't think he had any seriously better offers, Wednesday is bigger than alot of the Championship clubs...

if an actual decent team signs him after this then I will eat my own Bolton scarf.

11Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 08:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Lofty_Love wrote:

I'm with you Lofty. It's the main reason I hate Megson, although there are others. He only looked good because he followed Lee who had already started to destroy BSA's legacy. If BSA had been given the amount of money to spend that Megson wasted who knows where we would be now.

12Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 09:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Despite what we all feel about him, his CV must be looking pretty good. He "saved" us and "achieved the last 16 in Europe", and was "unfairly" dumped having got Wednesday up to 3rd.

A bit of spin and he could look like he's the best thing since sliced bread. We know differently, but on paper at least, he must be looking good.

13Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 09:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Maybe Wolves or Blackburn will offer him a job. Laughing

14Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 11:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Maybe Wolves or Blackburn will offer him a job. Laughing

Now wouldn't that be something!

15Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 11:37

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Megson for England

We all remember what Phil Gartside said when he appointed Megson - so he is more than a perfect candidate for the big England job!

16Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 11:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just be our luck that he would keep them up too!

17Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 16:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can't believe how many people are shocked about the decision. Sure they're third, but chances are they'll be fifth when each team has played an equal number of games. And since they lost Ben Marshall, they've had tonnes of crap results against the division's crappest sides.

Wednesday fans seem to think they'd have started making real progress when he was given good money to spend. You could try mentioning to them that he had £40m+ on top of a £15m increase of the wage bill to spend at Bolton but left the the club in a relegation battle just like he found it, but they won't listen because it was our fault it never worked out.

P.S. Coming back to my earlier point, it's just Megson's luck that he gets sacked when they're third and a number of teams breathing right down their neck have games in hand.

18Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 16:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:

Just be our luck that he would keep them up too!

You obviously have more faith in Megson's ability than I do!

19Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Thu Mar 01 2012, 22:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sheffield Wednesday have appointed Dave Jones as their new manager, BBC Radio Sheffield understands.

Jones, 55, replaces Gary Megson, who was sacked on Wednesday despite steering the club to third position in League One.

The former Stockport, Southampton, Wolves and Cardiff manager will be confirmed as the Owls boss on Friday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20Megson Sacked Empty Re: Megson Sacked Fri Mar 02 2012, 15:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It will be interesting to see if he gets the welcome that Wednesday fans have judged us for never giving Megson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum