Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Reading

+19
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
wessy
Bolton Nuts
frankboy
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Lbj
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
chipbutty
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Mon Aug 12 2013, 22:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think most of us would have at least brought Hall on in the second half sometime.

I can only assume Freedman didn't think he was match fit - but then again why was he on the bench if he was never going to be used?

To be fair though we are unbeaten in the league in the whole of 2013, so Freedman isn't doing too bad.

82Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Mon Aug 12 2013, 22:16

Sluffy wrote:
To be fair though we are unbeaten in the league in the whole of 2013, so Freedman isn't doing too bad.
Unbeaten at the Reebok?

83Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Mon Aug 12 2013, 22:39

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:I think most of us would have at least brought Hall on in the second half sometime.

I can only assume Freedman didn't think he was match fit - but then again why was he on the bench if he was never going to be used?

and Coyle has won 100% of his league games in 2013 - does that say he's better?

84Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Mon Aug 12 2013, 22:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Unbeaten at the Reebok?
Yes sorry, that was what I meant.

85Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Mon Aug 12 2013, 22:48

waynagain wrote:and Coyle has won 100% of his league games in 2013 - does that say he's better?
No.

But being unbeaten in every home game for 2013 is much better record than winning 2 games.

Out of interest, would you prefer Coyle in charge or Dougie at this point?

86Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Mon Aug 12 2013, 22:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

waynagain wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I think most of us would have at least brought Hall on in the second half sometime.

and Coyle has won 100% of his league games in 2013 - does that say he's better?
Bit of a difference between 8 months in Freedmans case and just two games for Coyle.

Anyway Paul the Octupus is better than Coyle ever could be - and the poor thing is dead!

87Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Mon Aug 12 2013, 23:22

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Statistics can be used in many ways - some can be used to make Freedman look good , some bad.
Same with Coyle. Coyle got a team promoted to the Prem - Freedman hasn't done that. Does this mean Coyle is better? I'm not saying Coyle should still be at Bolton, but the more I see of Freedman and his results, the more I feel we've got another Megson in charge - just with less money.

88Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Mon Aug 12 2013, 23:38

waynagain wrote:but the more I see of Freedman and his results, the more I feel we've got another Megson in charge - just with less money.
What makes you say that? Im struggling to see any similarities.

One's trying to develop the club long term (under very difficult constraints), the other went a long way to putting us in the position we are in now - whilst alienating the vast majority of fans.

89Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Mon Aug 12 2013, 23:45

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:He's struggled with injuries. Doesn't matter how old he is, just look at our 19 year old full back Joe Riley.
He hasn't struggled with injuries, he's had two injuries and has been fit now for several months.

What he has had is Rodriguez, Austin and Paterson in front of him and now that they've all gone he's getting his chance.... and taking it.

90Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Mon Aug 12 2013, 23:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's got as many goals as Darren pratley, don't get carried away.

He won't get into double figures.

91Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Tue Aug 13 2013, 00:32

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:He's got as many goals as Darren pratley, don't get carried away.

He won't get into double figures.

I never get carried away.

You'll notice that from post 71, where you then decided to make it a serious conversation. Cool 

92Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Tue Aug 13 2013, 00:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do you think he'll score more than n'gog?

93Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Tue Aug 13 2013, 01:40

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can you stop putting an apostrophe in Ngog, it gives me a headache.

I'm expecting one of our centrebacks to score more goals than Ngog. Very Happy 

94Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Tue Aug 13 2013, 01:46

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:
waynagain wrote:but the more I see of Freedman and his results, the more I feel we've got another Megson in charge - just with less money.

One's trying to develop the club long term (under very difficult constraints), the other went a long way to putting us in the position we are in now - whilst alienating the vast majority of fans.
 They both seemed satisfied with a draw.

95Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Tue Aug 13 2013, 02:01

waynagain wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Even if that were true its a very loose connection to make.

96Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Tue Aug 13 2013, 02:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Can you stop putting an apostrophe in Ngog, it gives me a headache.

I'm expecting one of our centrebacks to score more goals than Ngog. Very Happy 
There is an apostrophe in n'gog!

97Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Tue Aug 13 2013, 11:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
waynagain wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Big sam was the same, often shutting up shop early, sometimes it cost us too. He'd also go away from home looking for the draw.

notice how no one mentions him though, just Megson.

98Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Tue Aug 13 2013, 13:08

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
waynagain wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Big sam was the same, often shutting up shop early, sometimes it cost us too. He'd also go away from home looking for the draw.

notice how no one mentions him though, just Megson.
So, you are comparing Big Sam to Megson and Freedman?  Can you tell me when Megson got us to qualify for Europe and when Freedman will do it?

99Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Tue Aug 13 2013, 13:19

waynagain wrote:So, you are comparing Big Sam to Megson and Freedman?  Can you tell me when Megson got us to qualify for Europe and when Freedman will do it?
Sorry, but what on earth are you on about? You started comparing Bolton managers in this way and it's a nonsense. The only similarity you have drawn between Megson and Freedman is that they both drew a few games.

Freedman's objective is promotion, picking up points and being hard to beat is part of how you do that, Allardyce understood that and so does Dougie.

100Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Tue Aug 13 2013, 13:43

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:
waynagain wrote:So, you are comparing Big Sam to Megson and Freedman?  Can you tell me when Megson got us to qualify for Europe and when Freedman will do it?
Sorry, but what on earth are you on about? You started comparing Bolton managers in this way and it's a nonsense. The only similarity you have drawn between Megson and Freedman is that they both drew a few games.

Freedman's objective is promotion, picking up points and being hard to beat is part of how you do that, Allardyce understood that and so does Dougie.
and you brought Big Sam in to compare. Freedman has only won one more game than he has won, if his 'objective is promotion', do you think that is good enough?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum