Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did we pay the price for being too negative .

+9
Dunkels King
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
kennster
scottjames30
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No Beckford from the start, CD upfront in a 451 formation ?

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Freedman wants promotion but plays for a draw? You cant win promotion if you don't win your away games.

What's really stupid is when we play in a defensive formation we don't have a creative player, even if we are in a negative formation we lack a player who creates something magic in the final third.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Of course we did, i'm not a fan of Craig davies to be honest and never will be, he's just a battering ram and we will never get promoted having him up front on his own.

By starting with him on his own up front this afternoon, Dougie might aswell have phoned billy davies up at 10am and said take the points i'm not going to bother trying to beat your side today.

Odelusi scores 2 in the cup and doesn't get a look in, Eaves was on fire for shrewsbury last season and we haven't seen a thing from him all season.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think freedman need to work on our away form , and how he approaches away games.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He's had since walking through the door to sort it out, correct me if i'm wrong but we have the worst away record in the division stretching back to last season too...he's not sorted it.

He's even said himself that he is cautious in his approach...hopefully this result might wake him up.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've yet to really threaten a goalkeeper. There's way too much patience on the ball and not near enough urgency.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Am I right in thinking we had ZERO shots on target today? Cannot taking into account the one we had chalked off.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You are quite correct, not a single attempt.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman played for a point today, it didn't work out.

I mean if he's so negative why not break the bank for Dawson ?

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

We had a shot on target.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Piss poor, I bet the players are gutted and wont to be able to sleep tonight.

We have a complete lack of pace and creativity. We had a quick counter attack in the first half and Forest managed to get 7 players back before we even crossed the halfway line.

The formation is definitely not too negative, the way we played it today was poor though.

4231 needs width and quick passing, the only times we actually passed the ball we looked a threat. Other than that we were poor, and neither winger got out wide enough. I'd readdress the personnel and the way we go forward, that was the issue today.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's no doubt we miss Eagles, he's our only attacking option. Moritz might be decent, he should definitely play next weekend - I'd better not hear any of this "not match fit" bollocks.

But the simple fact is we don't get the ball in the box enough. If you don't get the ball near the goal you ain't going to score.

Natasha Whittam wrote:There's no doubt we miss Eagles, he's our only attacking option. Moritz might be decent, he should definitely play next weekend - I'd better not hear any of this "not match fit" bollocks.

But the simple fact is we don't get the ball in the box enough. If you don't get the ball near the goal you ain't going to score.
:agree:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we should bring Ivan Klasnic back.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Odelusi had our only attempt on target.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we are too negative away from home, and as Forest score in the second minute it threw dougies plan straight out of the window, he tried to change it in the second half but it was too late by then.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:There's no doubt we miss Eagles, he's our only attacking option. Moritz might be decent, he should definitely play next weekend - I'd better not hear any of this "not match fit" bollocks.

Correct. Without Eagles we have no creativity at the moment. We should have sold CYL when we had the chance and tried to get someone in who maybe gives a shit.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not "negativity" it's creativity.

we don't have any, we had plenty of the ball in the first half yesterday, plenty and created nothing.

he's right not to go "open" away from home we'd be absolutely fucked up.

yesterday would have been probably 7-0 if we went 4-4-2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum