Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did we pay the price for being too negative .

+9
Dunkels King
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
kennster
scottjames30
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's not "negativity" it's creativity.

we don't have any, we had plenty of the ball in the first half yesterday, plenty and created nothing.

he's right not to go "open" away from home we'd be absolutely fucked up.

yesterday would have been probably 7-0 if we went 4-4-2.
Had plenty of the ball? Forest had 58% of the possession. Last week Reading had over 60%.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Being negative will always lead to doom ......  pack 11 men behind the ball like a lot of teams do when they go to Utd, Chekski etc....... all it means is that the winning goal comes nearer to the end of the game.  Whenever you see an upset you find that the away team has had a good 'ol go at it.....for the most part.
On occasion we will nick a win this season playing for a draw.........it's not a promotion attitude IMO.

I think Dougie has made the same mistake that Owen Coyle made. He expected Holden to come back and provide the creativity, with Holden injured he had to sign Spearing who is good at what he does but is limited as a footballer. When played with Medo we just don't have any creativity coming from the centre. 

Before the season started Dougie said Chungy would be used sparingly because he wasn't fully fit, so why he played all game yesterday I have no idea. Only noticeable thing he did was kick a Forest player up in the air near the end.

With Eagles,Mavies,Holden and a fully fit Lee we could have walked this division. All I can see for the future is more matches like yesterday and hopefully a mid table finish.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's not "negativity" it's creativity.

we don't have any, we had plenty of the ball in the first half yesterday, plenty and created nothing.

he's right not to go "open" away from home we'd be absolutely fucked up.

yesterday would have been probably 7-0 if we went 4-4-2.
Had plenty of the ball? Forest had 58% of the possession. Last week Reading had over 60%.
I'm just using my eyes, in the first half yesterday we had plenty of the ball and absolutely no ability to do anything with it.

Tierney had the ball absolutely bloody loads but everything always broke down as soon as he passed the ball to an attacker

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:I think Dougie has made the same mistake that Owen Coyle made. He expected Holden to come back and provide the creativity, with Holden injured he had to sign Spearing who is good at what he does but is limited as a footballer. When played with Medo we just don't have any creativity coming from the centre. 

Before the season started Dougie said Chungy would be used sparingly because he wasn't fully fit, so why he played all game yesterday I have no idea. Only noticeable thing he did was kick a Forest player up in the air near the end.

With Eagles,Mavies,Holden and a fully fit Lee we could have walked this division. All I can see for the future is more matches like yesterday and hopefully a mid table finish.
nah.

OneFinFreedman wrote:I think Dougie has made the same mistake that Owen Coyle made. He expected Holden to come back and provide the creativity, with Holden injured he had to sign Spearing who is good at what he does but is limited as a footballer. When played with Medo we just don't have any creativity coming from the centre. 

No. 

He signed Moritz/Hall to bring extra creativity, not Spearing.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He took Hall off after 57 minutes and didn't even put Moritz on - maybe he thought we didn't need any 'creativity', but he did say the team played better after Hall came off.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The formation wasn't negative at all. The players just didn't perform. Look, we can blame tactics all day long but ultimately it's the players selected who aren't doing enough. I can see Dougie having a shakeup for the QPR game. I can see both Odelusi and Hall starting. Lee needs to be dropped.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:I can see both Odelusi and Hall starting. Lee needs to be dropped.
He won't drop Lee, I guarantee it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum