Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What sort of manager should Bolton go for?

+17
Angry Dad
observer
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
NickFazer
doffcocker
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
kennster
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Michael Bolton
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In dougies post match interview he seems to have an indirect pop at certain players, obviously wheater and knight, hopefully he has had enough of them.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Hands off the Ginger Mourinho.
Fair play to Burnley, they are impressing me, you'll struggle to keep it up though

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Phil Parkinson has done a great job at Bradford and would see Bolton as a major step up. Steve Evans isn't popular but did well at Crawley and now Rotherham. Ditto Karl Robinson at MK Dons.

I sat next to a Bradford City fan yesterday flying home from Malaga and I mentioned Phil Parkinson to him. He was very surprised that nobody had come in for him and also their striker Nahki Wells this summer.Shocked

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should be hiring someone off here.

there are some tactical wizards on here who would have us in the champions league.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Phil Parkinson has done a great job at Bradford and would see Bolton as a major step up. Steve Evans isn't popular but did well at Crawley and now Rotherham. Ditto Karl Robinson at MK Dons.

I sat next to a Bradford City fan yesterday flying home from Malaga and I mentioned Phil Parkinson to him. He was very surprised that nobody had come in for him and also their striker Nahki Wells this summer.Shocked
From looking at the stats, Nahki Wells looks like a promising youngster.  Probably wouldn't cost a lot too...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RVP would look awful in this team.

you'd get the odd flash of his quality but otherwise people would be saying he was a "shit signing" after a few games.

strikers aren't the problem.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd say that upwards of £2 million is quite a lot.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I always thought Ron Hargrove was a good Manager when I played for Lads Club D!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:there are some tactical wizards on here who would have us in the champions league.
You flatter me.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What the fuck would a platoon be without a good Sergeant ?

Of course you need a leader, someone to look up to when shit hits the fan, its normally the cool guy with a few words that'll stop you flapping that's the key.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets just say we implanted Gerrard in the middle today, most think he's a leader of men.

Gerrard can't stop individual mistakes I'm afraid no matter how great he is.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:there are some tactical wizards on here who would have us in the champions league.
You flatter me.
Nat, I'm sure you would have gotten more points for us than DF has.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Lets just say we implanted Gerrard in the middle today, most think he's a leader of men.

Gerrard can't stop individual mistakes I'm afraid no matter how great he is.
True, but they can get a grip when under pressure by holding onto the ball. Campo wasn't a brilliant player, but he knew how to hold onto a ball to calm things down.

Bolton players are scared of the ball.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just because you're a "leader" doesn't mean you're brilliant at holding onto the ball.

what we actually need are two or three with technical ability.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Just because you're a "leader" doesn't mean you're brilliant at holding onto the ball.

I thought we were talking about Gerrard. He is brilliant at getting the ball and keeping it.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Just because you're a "leader" doesn't mean you're brilliant at holding onto the ball.

I thought we were talking about Gerrard. He is brilliant at getting the ball and keeping it.
yeah he is, sorry i thought you were just generalising.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
Nat, I'm sure you would have gotten more points for us than DF has.
Of course. For a start we'd have had Earnshaw upfront.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Russell Slade is the perfect candidate for this job but he isn't fashionable enough for some of you delusional twunts.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

This thread is stupid ,we are not getting a new manager.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Don't be too sure Daddy boy ED needs to get some money back before he sells the club and our parachute payments are quickly evaporating. Furthermore, when you realise you've made a mistake isn't the best thing to do accept it and put it right. Freedman had no history before he came here, was totally unproven and on his way out of Palace anyway with no new deal offered to him. They knew he was pants and now we're finding it out too. Let's just get rid, put JP back in charge until Christmas and then see where we are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum