Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we be charged for plastic bags?

+8
gloswhite
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
karlypants
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Apparently the Government plan to bring in a law to charge us for using plastic bags.

I know all the ecological reasons and I don't disagree with them but the thing that doesn't make any sense to me is that the stuff we put in our plastic bags are themselves plastic milk bottles, plastic ketchup bottles, plastic egg boxes and a million and one other plastic items!

It also amuses me that they estimate 80% of the population are going to stop using the plastic bags because they will not pay 5p for them.

I don't know how much shopping you get at the local supermarket but how hard up must you be to save yourself say 40p a week by either stuffing your pockets with 8 old plastic bags to be reused or carry around some hippy 'bag for life' from home to the car, car to the store, store to the car, car to home, forever and ever! Let's face it, it's far easier just to pay some of the small change in your pocket and be done with it.

Why the fuck the government is worried about plastic bags, whilst completely ignoring all the rest of the shopping consumables contained in (or smothered by) plastics that we put into our shopping trolleys is completely beyond my understanding - not to mention the massive carbon footprint we leave when driving back and forth to our local Tesco / Asda / Morrisons, etc.

What do you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24088523

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, don't we pay enough for food to compensate the 5p charge?

I know its to save the environment etc but I think the supermarkets should either issue bio degradable bags or brown bags like america.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yes we should pay, I have reusable bag's.::FU::

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only if they fuck the T.V licence off.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No, more rip off Britain!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's another bloody form of stealth tax. Brown paper bags wouldn't work in the UK. With our rainy weather they would be ruined before you made it to your car.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I'd pay 5p to have most female checkout operators wear bags on their heads.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We pay these pampered ponces a lot of money to run this country. With all the problems we have, what do they come up with ? '5p for a plastic bag'. Unbelievable !

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I agree with glos, it is unbelievable should have been 10p

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're all heart Magoo.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I no Very Happy

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mr Magoo wrote:Yes we should pay, I have reusable bag's.::FU::
Magoo, you've missed the point. Its not about ones females associates Very Happy

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Its not difficult to take your own eco bags is it, the lazy bastards.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am used to it. In Holland it is 20c for a plastic bag or 50c for a re-useable bag. I went for the re-useable ones and they did last a long time - approximately 12 months before needing to be replaced.

5p for a bag is nothing and 100% of it is going to charity, which is 100% more than what the Dutch do.

As for we pay too much for food, reality is that we don't. In fact we should be paying, on average, 75% more than what we currently do, as that is the true market price.

Maybe if we had decent meat and decent fruit and veg then we wouldn't moan as much as we would prefer the quality - as it is we get 2nd rate food in thsi country and sell it as though its thye best. After living overseas and coming back I know which food I would buy and I wouldn't want to buy in this country as it is poor quality!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Maybe if we had decent meat and decent fruit and veg then we wouldn't moan as much as we would prefer the quality - as it is we get 2nd rate food in thsi country and sell it as though its thye best.  After living overseas and coming back I know which food I would buy and I wouldn't want to buy in this country as it is poor quality!!!
We only get one harvest in the UK whereas Italy, Spain, South America and Africa get two. I still think Welsh lamb is better than New Zealand and our beef takes some beating as well.

The finest Asparagus in the World is grown in Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire. We are a small island with over 60 million people. We haven't got the land mass and weather to compete with hotter countries but I stand by our farmers and that's why whenever possible, I always buy Blitish.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not sure how it will work at the self service checkouts.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:Not sure how it will work at the self service checkouts.
In Wales you tell them how many bags you want and then they charged you accordingly.
Basically it's a rip off despite what some would have you believe with all the charity shit.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Not sure how it will work at the self service checkouts.
In Wales you tell them how many bags you want and then they charged you accordingly.
Basically it's a rip off despite what some would have you believe with all the charity shit.
They do that in ALDI.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is ALDI?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its like a LIDL.

Sponsored content