Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

5p Plastic bags

+9
Emma Jansen 1
Norpig
Numpty 28723
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

15p Plastic bags Empty 5p Plastic bags Mon Oct 05 2015, 23:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Paid my first 5p for a plastic bag today.

I could have stuck a couple in my pocket from home but I'm not that petty and the money is I believe going to go to good local causes, so I didn't bother.

The thing is though, looking at my receipt, it looks to me that the 5p is subject to VAT!?

The receipt seems to say that 4p of my shopping attracted 20% VAT - it could only be the 5p plastic bag.

Not that I'm bothered but I did wonder if all my 5p is going to good causes or if 20% of it is basically a stealth tax!

I'm sure if it was that case the government would spend it wisely!

25p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Mon Oct 05 2015, 23:54

I went to tesco today and they gave me a free bag for life. I only bought some calpol Very Happy

35p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 00:08

They were giving bags for life away free last week, got about 15 in the kitchen drawer.

The front page of the Mirror made me laugh this morning saying how staff in shops were worried by the threat of violence because people didn't know about the charge and might turn nasty. Who is going to start a fight over 5p?

The self service tills have a woman stood handing out bags and before you pay a screen pops up asking how many bags have you used.

45p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 00:09

And to answer Sluffys question 0.83p of every 5p goes to the government

55p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 06:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bag for life=Marriage. Surprised

65p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 08:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Who is going to start a fight over 5p?

You've lived in Southport too long.

75p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 09:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The most stupid thing about this is that in England, independent retailers are exempt. 
The scheme has worked miracles in Wales and NI reducing landfill from bags by 13% as well as raising money for "causes" but for some reason, Cameron wanted us to be different than the successful "pilot schemes". So now one shop might advertise "Free Bags" and the one next door can't.

If they want to address the landfill problem they should do it properly like everyone else.

85p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 11:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Barb Dwyer wrote:The front page of the Mirror made me laugh this morning saying how staff in shops were worried by the threat of violence because people didn't know about the charge and might turn nasty. Who is going to start a fight over 5p?
You'd be surprised Barb. My mam works in a shop and the amount of abuse she gets for having to charge for bags is ridiculous.

She's been called all sorts of names and has to put up with idiots kicking off on a regular basis. 

That's when they were only charging 2p. I can imagine adding an extra 3p on top of that will turn these people homicidal.

95p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 11:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see someone has been shot 3 times this morning round your way 58.

Hope you have been behaving yourself and not had a row with the milkman or something! Very Happy

105p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 12:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Supermarkets are braced for hundreds of thousands of metal baskets being stolen as the 5p plastic bag tax bites

Link

Time for the brown paper bags now perhaps?

115p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 13:38

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Let's assume you take 10 plastic bags, so that's 50 pence charged. Now if you can't afford 50 p then you wouldn't be buying so much food. Bear in mind some products are exempt from the charge. Also if you buy one get one free then this would pay for a few bags. As Sluffy says, going to good causes so worth it.

125p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 13:46

karlypants wrote:Supermarkets are braced for hundreds of thousands of metal baskets being stolen as the 5p plastic bag tax bites

Link

:facepalm:

The journalist who wrote that should be ashamed, what a waste of time that article is.

135p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 14:26

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

karlypants wrote:I see someone has been shot 3 times this morning round your way 58.

Hope you have been behaving yourself and not had a row with the milkman or something! Very Happy
Probably a shopkeeper asking someone for 5p for a bag and got gunned down. This shit  will happen more and more now. 

If they ever raise the price of tenants super strength there will be rioting all over little Hulton.

145p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 15:12

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

HANDY HINT:
Cock a snook at the great plastic bag rip-off by only buying exempt items such as goldfish and unpackaged razor blades.

155p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 15:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whenever I have to pay for a bag,I make sure I turn it inside out at the checkout.

If they want me to advertise the shop,they should be paying me.

165p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 15:23

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:Whenever I have to pay for a bag,I make sure I turn it inside out at the checkout.

If they want me to advertise the shop,they should be paying me.

That's a very good point and the same principal should be applied to replica football shirts with sponsors logos on - they should be paying fans for walking around wearing them.

175p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 16:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we have loads at home i must be a plastic bag millionaire i reckon, the wife never throws any of them out Very Happy

185p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 16:23

Emma Jansen 1

Emma Jansen 1
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I use them for the kitten poops is good for and is good for world i think.

195p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 16:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Emma Jansen 1 wrote:I use them for the kitten poops is good for and is good for world i think.
Maybe if you tied one over your head then that would be good for the world as well I think.

205p Plastic bags Empty Re: 5p Plastic bags Tue Oct 06 2015, 17:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Emma Jansen 1 wrote:I use them for the kitten poops is good for and is good for world i think.
Maybe if you tied one over your head then that would be good for the world as well I think.
Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum