Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you like at a Bolton match?

+6
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What are you like at a Bolton match? Empty What are you like at a Bolton match? Wed Sep 18 2013, 08:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What do you act like at a Bolton match?  Do you shout encouragement or do you slate everything and everybody?  I say this as where I am sat there is a guy who is always shouting his mouth of slagging the players off and it sounds like he doesn't enjoy the experience what so ever.  He is very annoying.

I think another fan is also annoyed with him and has decided to fight the Bolton cause.  An example:

Stress Head: "Fookin' hell Ngog, pass the ball!"
Other Fan: "Keep your head up Ngog!"
Stress Head: "You're Shite!"
Other Fan: "You're doing well!"

I tend to be encouraging and just groan if something doesn't go right.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it tends to be a mixture of both with me, not as much moaning last night as Knight and Ngog didn't start!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I never slag off the players during a game regardless of how dire they are on the day. Always shout encouragement, but if we're shit and lose I try to be philosophical about it. Doesn't make me feel any better though.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I start off with good intentions, but after the first pass goes astray I abuse the players for virtually the whole 90 minutes. These are professional footballers who can't even pass a football. Wankers.

I can't understand why people shout encouragement when Ngog has just lost the ball for the 10th time in five minutes. They're getting paid vast amounts of money to be the best, but can't even do the basics.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I used to go I used to get behind them until they started to get lazy and go missing , so after three minutes I go mental at them until I cant speak or shout.

What happened to the old Bolton, get in their faces, work harder than them until they back off, even if you're shit you can still play with passion , guts, and heart.

So what I do now is spend £40 quid in ASDA or bargain booze, that's what I wasted against QPR.

Then when we get beat or play shit I open my fridge to take a look at my goods, it makes me feel so much better, knowing that some mugs have actually gone to the Reebok and given them money to watch crap.

Try it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

So what I do now is spend £40 quid in ASDA or bargain booze, that's what I wasted against QPR.

Then when we get beat or play shit I open my fridge to take a look at my goods, it makes me feel so much better, knowing that some mugs have actually gone to the Reebok and given them money to watch crap.

Try it.
I definitely think this could be the future of football.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I used to get really pumped up before and during the game when I first got my season ticket 7 years ago, if we had lost my weekend was ruined. But now I just don't feel the same for the team as I used to, even under megson I used to go fucking nuts but when we lose now it's like ''ah well can't say i'm surprised''.

I know it's not just me who feels like this too. I have become so used to losing and seeing piss poor performances it's just the norm now....that can't be right surely? Sad 

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we all look deep inside ourselves it's not actually about winning or losing, you just need a bit of hope in your heart and a bit of effort on the pitch. Even in the dark days of the mid-to-late 80's there was always hope, and while the players were shit, they at least gave it everything.

And so it was, along came Bruce Rioch with some highly motivated players like McGinlay, Walker, Patterson etc and started a wave of success that would last for 15 years or so.

Unfortunately we have been unlucky enough to have had a succession of clueless managers who, and this is the worst bit, have let players get away with being lazy and uncommitted.

Put it this way, you never heard the phrase "not match fit" when Rioch was manager.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I used to abuse Knight (for obvious reasons) i cheer and try and encourage.Obviously it's a natural reaction to groan if there's a badly missed pass.This time Beckford looks like he is not fitting in to how we play.                                                                                                                                            Ive come to accept that Bolton have had their glory days for a while.So although ill lose it if some ponce tells me to stop swearing,I've accepted Bogdan should have done better for Derbys 1st goal and the miss hit shot that went to a Derby player who squared it 2-1.                                                               Eagles to the rescue.N'gog must practice heading and shooting wide.Beckford 0 goals,N'gog 0 goals the right back 2 goals.So now i don't take it as hard.Need Bruce Rioch mk 2.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watch the first 5-10 minutes then I go downstairs for a few pints.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I watch the first 5-10 minutes then I go downstairs for a few pints.
You live above a pub?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I watch the first 5-10 minutes then I go downstairs for a few pints.
You live above a pub?
Admittedly, I haven't been to a game for a while Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If we all look deep inside ourselves it's not actually about winning or losing, you just need a bit of hope in your heart and a bit of effort on the pitch. Even in the dark days of the mid-to-late 80's there was always hope, and while the players were shit, they at least gave it everything.

And so it was, along came Bruce Rioch with some highly motivated players like McGinlay, Walker, Patterson etc and started a wave of success that would last for 15 years or so.

Unfortunately we have been unlucky enough to have had a succession of clueless managers who, and this is the worst bit, have let players get away with being lazy and uncommitted.

Put it this way, you never heard the phrase "not match fit" when Rioch was manager.
there's a lot of truth in what you say sadly, but you also know the game has changed since the days you're mentioning.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Millwall beat Blackpool,top v bottom tells u a lot about this leauge.Afraid we will be here for many years.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Millwall beat Blackpool,top v bottom tells u a lot about this leauge.Afraid we will be here for many years.
I hope so.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Millwall beat Blackpool,top v bottom tells u a lot about this leauge.Afraid we will be here for many years.
We won't be in this league for too long, we'll be in League One next season!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No we won't

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum