Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How long has Freedman got if this continues ?

+17
Copper Dragon
chipbutty
SKDArmy
doffcocker
JAH
Triumph
rammywhite
Culcheth_White
Lifeofriley
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
scottjames30
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Big Sam wouldn't have had us here and I wish we still had him as manager!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:The set of players Dougie has to choose from their is no way we should be bottom of the league with one of the worst away records in the country.
This is the heart of the problem IMO.
Fact is they're not that good, but the media continue to make us favourites for promotion last season and this, still talk about how good our squad is and generally lay it on with a trowel.
The reality is that other clubs have up and coming players with talent and a will to win.
Many of ours are past it but still seem to believe the hype that surrounds them or are living on past glories.
Beckford for example did nothing for years before he signed for us. I pointed this out at the time, but hope(d) that he'd rediscover the form he once had at Leeds, however there's no sign of that yet.
3 things need to happen:
1) Our players need to recognise that they aren't that good and realise that they will have to work their nads off to prove they deserve the hype - but right now they a laughing stock.
2) Our fans need to realise that the players aren't that good and manage their expectations better. Ideally everyone should get behind the team and encourage them to do their best
3) Everyone needs to recognise that practically all the other teams in this league are as good if not better than us at the moment, so we can work out the best way forward without further undermining player confidence.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:I've said it a few times- he needs a better assistant manager. Lawrence is a geriatric- again last night he sat there the whole match with his legs crossed, offering nothing.
Get a decent deputy to help Dougie  and we'll be challenging for the playoffs by the end of January.
If a decent deputy were the difference between bottom of the league and the playoffs, either he's a genius or the main man's bloody clueless.

I just don't understand what assistant managers are all about. Everybody has their own vision of how a team should play and it's difficult to compromise between two. I know nothing anybody said could change my view on who should start against Brighton.

I think you either understand the game or you don't, and it's bad if we're paying millions to hire managers, only to find out they're only decent alongside somebody that actually knows what they're doing.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Triumph wrote:
Anyone who actually went the game last night will know why he is staying for the duration so forget the DF out posts it ain't going to happen.
I went last night and have no idea what you mean.
if you were'nt entertained last night Natasha (football) then you are supporting the wrong team.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:if you were'nt entertained last night Natasha (football) then you are supporting the wrong team.
It was a decent game, but mainly because of mistakes from both sides, not great football.

How many times did we open up the Derby defence? How many times was a striker given the ball to run onto? The answer is not enough.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote: How many times was a striker given the ball to run onto? The answer is not enough.
Hardly Beckford's fault if he isn't getting the service.

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Dougie Freedman is going nowhere if we don't have any money for players then there is no money to sack him. Lennie Lawrence is a very experienced manager not just deputy we as fans need to concentrate on backing the players manager and backroom staff not calling for their heads!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SKDArmy wrote:Dougie Freedman is going nowhere if we don't have any money for players then there is no money to sack him. Lennie Lawrence is a very experienced manager not just deputy we as fans need to concentrate on backing the players manager and backroom staff not calling for their heads!
I like it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SKDArmy wrote:Dougie Freedman is going nowhere if we don't have any money for players then there is no money to sack him. Lennie Lawrence is a very experienced manager not just deputy we as fans need to concentrate on backing the players manager and backroom staff not calling for their heads!
Being experienced doesn't make you good at something. Blind loyalty doesn't make you win games.

Until idiot fans realise these players are taking the piss out of them things will never change.

Put it this way, the leader of your local authority is probably earning more than the Prime Minister, but do you "back him" when your bins don't get collected or the library closes down? Do you fuck.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

And the chair of BWFC will be paid at least twice as much as the CEO of Bolton Council for attending about one board meeting a month.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Paul Ince up next according to the classiest of newspapers Very Happy .......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More bollocks.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

wanderlust wrote:More bollocks.
:agree: 

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The piece was written by somebody called Charlie Wyett. More like Late Witchery if you ask me.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Unfortunately it would be embarassing for Fat Phil if he had to let Doogie go ......on that basis we are stuck with him for at least this season.
I see nothing for us at Brighton so rooted firmely on the bottom I would think after this weekend.

And all this is better than under OC ????   not IMO.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Typical. Ince has had a good run and is under contract so Bolton are definitely interested.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just seen the Paul Ince article in the Sun, more bollocks.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha Ince.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's be honest, whoever we are "linked" with is going to appear more exciting than Freedman. When you've had the worst start to a season in 50 years even Paul Ince is going to seem like an improvement.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Think I dislike Ince probably as much as the ginger genius!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum