Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you ever known a time as bad as this following Bolton?

+4
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Michael Bolton
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As an ex Bolton fan I had some awesome times as a Bolton fan. I started supporting them in 1991 with the likes of Reeves, Philliskirk, Kelly, Green, etc. But soon after that was the days of Stubbs, McAteer, Walker, McGinlay, Lee, etc., the team was really starting to look good and supporting Bolton was so exciting. I remember a spell where every game Bolton would score 4 goals, they were fantastic.  
Throughout the 90s it was an upward curve getting into the Premiership, and even with a couple of relegations the team by 1998 was superb - Frandsen, Gunnlaugson, Gudjohnson, Blake, Bergson, Jensen, Thompson, etc. 

I think the team Big Sam inherited from Colin Todd was very weak because so many players were sold - I remember Ian Marshall, Liam Richardson, free signings like Barness and Charlton, cheap signings like Gareth Farrelly. But Big Sam was such an awesome manager he got amazing things out of the players and he found Michael Ricketts and promotion meant he could pay big wages for players. Under Big Sam in his early Premier League days things were exciting as he brought in some fantastic players - Okocha, Djorkaeff, Anelka, Stelios, Nolan in his prime, etc. 

But ever since the day BSA left it has just been a steady decline and just look how bad it is now - bottom of the league after 8 games, are there even 2 players you like any more? Shit keeper, shit defenders, shit midfield, shit strikers and no money to strengthen. 

I personally have never seen it this bad for Bolton. The Premier League seems so far away. I think relegation is a near certainty to be honest, who on Earth are Bolton capable of beating? Are they capable of winning about 14 games this season to stay up? It is dark times at Bolton right now sadly.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Their was obviously some darker days than these ''back in the day'' which I am sure a few posters on here will remember, but since I have started supporting Bolton this is as bad as it has been.

Is it too much to ask for to see the players play with a bit of passion and desire for the cause? It's a sad state of affairs that I can count on one hand the amount of players who would give their all.

I wouldn't mind if we had a little cup run to get excited about but right now it's fucking grim.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:Their was obviously some darker days than these ''back in the day'' which I am sure a few posters on here will remember, but since I have started supporting Bolton this is as bad as it has been.

Is it too much to ask for to see the players play with a bit of passion and desire for the cause? It's a sad state of affairs that I can count on one hand the amount of players who would give their all.

I wouldn't mind if we had a little cup run to get excited about but right now it's fucking grim.
Yes I know what you mean. I only saw the two games on Sky and both times it was absolutely unreal how little passion and creativity and desire there was from Bolton. 8 games = 12 hours of football, 6 goals scored - and one of those was an own goal. Not one goal from any of  the strikers. An average of scoring a goal for every 2 hours played, that is shocking.
You could say fair enough if it was like in the Premiership against teams like City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, etc., but we are talking about the likes of Brighton, Derby, shitty Blackburn, Leeds, etc. 
Bolton really would be better off starting from scratch, just get a team of youngsters who want to give their all and take their chance.

Last edited by Michael Bolton on Sat Sep 21 2013, 22:39; edited 1 time in total

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really in my time no.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Losing to Aldershot in the playoffs and getting relegated to Division Four was as bad as it gets, but I haven't felt this depressed about Bolton since we lost to Tranmere in the playoffs a few years later and failed to get promoted out of Division Three. Sad 

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I was at that game and it was a long trip home in wet clothes! Bad times! It's not got that bad this time and I don't see a repeat of that in the future. We will rise again!

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Most of you don't know what bad is, bloody hell 8 games into the season and the nooses are out.

I'll tell you what bad is, bad is going to Gresty Road on a tuesday night and seeing your team beat, then realising that your fate isn't in the hands of your club and if two other teams win then your club is down the toilet.

If you aren't a big city club then you can't keep on top of the crest of a wave, you invariably slide down the other side.

I mean come on, Okocha, Campo and Anelka etc. Rolling Eyes  Even Leeds couldn't sustain it for long.

All Hail Eddie Davies, he's got to be one proper Bolton fan.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Most of you don't know what bad is, bloody hell 8 games into the season and the nooses are out.

I'll tell you what bad is, bad is going to Gresty Road on a tuesday night and seeing your team beat, then realising that your fate isn't in the hands of your club and if two other teams win then your club is down the toilet.

If you aren't a big city club then you can't keep on top of the crest of a wave, you invariably slide down the other side.

I mean come on, Okocha, Campo and Anelka etc. Rolling Eyes  Even Leeds couldn't sustain it for long.

All Hail Eddie Davies, he's got to be one proper Bolton fan.

Don't come this "you've never seen what really bad looks like" nonsense CD. Believe me some of us have. Which was why the highs under Rioch, Todd and Allardyce were so good.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I thought the game against West Brom was bad, but this is the worst.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum