Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman - "We need to get some loans in!"

+8
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
kennster
terenceanne
karlypants
Copper Dragon
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

"I understand more than anyone exactly what we have to do to turn things around. We need a couple of players in on loan and time to gel as a team." - Freedman

So does that mean that all the average Joe's who have been saying we seriously need to look at the loan market were right after all? And if so, why could they see it and the manager couldn't?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Didn't the manager try but the funds weren't available?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Oh yeah, that. Maybe. Just tired. And frustrated.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

He only said this yesterday:

“I understand when you lose a player that people maybe look to the loan market but that’s not an option for us right now,” he said. 

I don’t think there is any quality out there that would go straight into my team. If there was, I’d go to the board and suggest it then we’d see the answer.”

Maybe after today he has realised that anyone we can get on loan is better than what we have.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:He only said this yesterday:

“I understand when you lose a player that people maybe look to the loan market but that’s not an option for us right now,” he said. 

I don’t think there is any quality out there that would go straight into my team. If there was, I’d go to the board and suggest it then we’d see the answer.”

Maybe after today he has realised that anyone we can get on loan is better than what we have.
This clearly shows he hasn't got a clue.

I'm sick of listening to this shit from him now, keep contradicting yourself Dougie!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Of course it would normally be considered daft for the average fan to know more than the manager.  Some aspects of management we can't know ...... but on the park some like myself have been watching football since before Doogie was even born. I think our opinions are as valid as a 38 year old (is that doogies age?). 
How many times at work have you ended up with a hot shot boss who doesn't know his ass from his elbow....but he's the boss.
"Meet the New Boss .....Same as the old boss".

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

We could have Chabaloah on loan and it would have probably been paid by Chelsea but he wasn't good enough!

I am seething Mad

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

......or Lingard from United who scored three for Birmingham yesterday.
Don't start moaning because he's from United. In the state we're in we'll have to sup with the devil

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We could have signed Lindgard from man u, he only scored 4 goals for Birmingham yesterday and Macheda scored a brace for Doncaster.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Culcheth_White wrote:We could have signed Lindgard from man u, he only scored 4 goals for Birmingham yesterday and Macheda scored a brace for Doncaster.
........but they're clearly not good enough or he'd have been to the Board about them. Who needs kids who can score when we've got Beckford and N'gog- both of whom play like the contents of a coffin

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You have to pay a loan fee and generally a portion of the wages.

I suspect many of these top class loans aren't in our price bracket.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Agreed you have to pay. But these weren't top class loans. They're reserve players who will rarely feature on other clubs bench. Their wages won't be stellar. We will be paying more to our serial non-performers

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In terms of the parent club and ability i do think they're the top of the pile in terms of loans.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Again,agreed. But I don't follow the logic here. They are top of the pile for loans- in other words not required for the first team either on the pitch or the bench.
Hence I would imagine that the wages aren't that high. If they were then presumably they would have been offloaded already

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remember under Coyle, might be wrong, but i seem to remember him saying we got 1.5 million in loan fees for Chris Basham and Ali Al Habsi, that kind of puts it in perspective.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Desperate comments from a desperate manager. He has one game left to save his job and he knows it.

Expect more of these "it's not my fault" type comments before the visit of the mighty Yeovil.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If the best Dougie can do with this set of players is 24th in the championship then the board won't back him with another couple of loan players IMO.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sadly everything just feels so stagnant when i watch the team nowadays, and It's been that way since Megson took over. Absolutely devoid of any creative talent, zero passion for the club, fans in fighting, booing every other week, slagging off our own, player fan confrontations.

We need to go into full rebuild mode ASAP.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

And how do we do that?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sadly everything just feels so stagnant when i watch the team nowadays, and It's been that way since Megson took over. Absolutely devoid of any creative talent, zero passion for the club, fans in fighting, booing every other week, slagging off our own, player fan confrontations.

We need to go into full rebuild mode ASAP.
Agreed, it's the complete lack of hope that depresses everyone. I don't think anyone truly thought we would win yesterday against a very ordinary Brighton.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum