Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman - "We need to get some loans in!"

+8
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
kennster
terenceanne
karlypants
Copper Dragon
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:And how do we do that?
million dollar question.

I honestly think it's time to give 5 or 6 young players the responsibility.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a U turn of monumental proportions and it augers well. Seems to me that Dougie was backing his players to perform at Brighton, perhaps encouraged by the last game. Now it seems he feels let down - justifiably so. He's talked about making changes and gone some way towards it, but now I think he's seen the light. Sad that he wants to do it via loans rather than by changing the system or giving the youngsters more of a chance, but at least he's becoming more open and honest about the squad and it may be the first step in his personal growth as a manager.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:This is a U turn of monumental proportions and it augers well. Seems to me that Dougie was backing his players to perform at Brighton, perhaps encouraged by the last game. Now it seems he feels let down - justifiably so. He's talked about making changes and gone some way towards it, but now I think he's seen the light. Sad that he wants to do it via loans rather than by changing the system or giving the youngsters more of a chance, but at least he's becoming more open and honest about the squad and it may be the first step in his personal growth as a manager.
In other words, desperate.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:This is a U turn of monumental proportions and it augers well. Seems to me that Dougie was backing his players to perform at Brighton, perhaps encouraged by the last game. Now it seems he feels let down - justifiably so. He's talked about making changes and gone some way towards it, but now I think he's seen the light. Sad that he wants to do it via loans rather than by changing the system or giving the youngsters more of a chance, but at least he's becoming more open and honest about the squad and it may be the first step in his personal growth as a manager.
In other words, desperate.
Of course he's f****** desperate when you field a team of experienced professionals who then roll over once they let a goal in. I'd be worried if he wasn't. The question is what impact that desperation will have on him and so far we've seen a bit of honesty and a bit of commitment to change. So let's see if there's any substance to it.

The only reason Chelsea let Chabaloah join Forest is that they were willing to pay 95% of his wages (£25,000 a week) truth is even in this division we can't afford to compete. Dougie wants to do everything to comply with the new financial fair play rules  (which says to me we are losing alot more than the club is letting on), while everyone else bends them.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just more players for Dougie to ruin. Bring Messi and Ronaldo in if you like but it wouldn't make the slightest difference if the team has no focus or consistent personnel. How on earth can they hope to gel as a team when there' no semblance to one. Let's just face it whoever this clown brings in it won't improve things because he and his constant changing of plan is the root of the problem.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Just more players for Dougie to ruin. Bring Messi and Ronaldo in if you like but it wouldn't make the slightest difference if the team has no focus or consistent personnel. How on earth can they hope to gel as a team when there' no semblance to one. Let's just face it whoever this clown brings in it won't improve things because he and his constant changing of plan is the root of the problem.
Don't you think Dougie is actually too loyal to certain players? There have been a few personnel changes but the bulk of the team has been pretty much the same every week.

I'm with Hipster on this one, it's time to ditch the "proven" players and go with youth. It could not get any worse and we might actually see a change of attitude on the pitch.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

agree with Nat, if he's guilty of anything it's of not changing it enough.

thats my main frustration with him, though i do think the weight of expectation will have swayed many a manager.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the Brighton result may have tipped Dougie over the edge and we'll start to see more changes. If he gets Hudson in I reckon he could do what Dawson did, but we'll still need harder working midfielders if he sticks with the narrow system and at least one of the strikers to find their scoring boots.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I think the Brighton result may have tipped Dougie over the edge and we'll start to see more changes.
I think you said this after the Blackburn & Leeds defeats.

The only change will be Beckford on for Ngog. And the following week Ngog will be back in favour.

Ho hum.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I think the Brighton result may have tipped Dougie over the edge and we'll start to see more changes.
I think you said this after the Blackburn & Leeds defeats.

The only change will be Beckford on for Ngog. And the following week Ngog will be back in favour.

Ho hum.
lol! :agree:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum