Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is currently our best striker?

+11
Banks of the Croal
observer
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
Culcheth_White
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
wanderlust
doffcocker
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Who is the leader of the pack?

Who is currently our best striker? Vote_lcap0%Who is currently our best striker? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is currently our best striker? Vote_lcap44%Who is currently our best striker? Vote_rcap 44% [ 11 ]
Who is currently our best striker? Vote_lcap16%Who is currently our best striker? Vote_rcap 16% [ 4 ]
Who is currently our best striker? Vote_lcap0%Who is currently our best striker? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is currently our best striker? Vote_lcap12%Who is currently our best striker? Vote_rcap 12% [ 3 ]
Who is currently our best striker? Vote_lcap28%Who is currently our best striker? Vote_rcap 28% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who is currently our best striker? Empty Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 14:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seeing that we are in the third month of the season and not one of our strikers as yet scored for us I pose the difficult question of asking you to chose which one of our motley crew is our best attacker?

And for those brave enough to endure laughter and abuse, pray tells us why this penalty box predator is your choice?

Go on, its only a laugh after all - we know they're all shite!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ngog started off at two of Europe's top clubs and no doubt sees playing at this level as a comedown. I think he thought he'd finally be off in August and it's for that reason that his application since has been dire. He would be excellent at this level with the right effort and so would Sordell.
Beckford's clearly talented and his attitude is spot on, but isn't capitalising on the few opportunities he's getting.

It's a difficult question to answer when none of them are near as good as they should be.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First to score wins it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Come on - stick your neck on the line - who is currently our best striker?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its a toss-up between Knight and Beckford.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Craig Davies is the only striker who has put himself about a bit and looked interested, albeit from the subs bench.

Is he injured or has Dougie fallen out with him, no one seems to know.

Beckford at the moment, although I don't think we've given Davies a fair chance yet. He needs a run of starts to show what he can do.

If N'gog applied himself he'd be a decent striker, but only in a 2. He wont ever score enough to play alone.

Sordell. Our only striker to score

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why isn't Alex Baptiste on the list? He's banging them in for fun at the moment.

10Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 17:41

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Very few strikers can manufacture goals for themselves. Chances must be layed on consistantly. To boot none of them has a run in the side...also two strikers together.....how can they become familar with each other unless that happens.
Doogie changes the team week to week so no consistancy at all.
Does anybody think that Robin Van Persie would have a hatfull of goals for us today?  1 or 2 maybe...that's all.

11Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 19:14

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I gave up along time ago on N'Gog and the sooner he's out of the club the better! Even if the opposition didn't have a keeper, he'd still struggle to reach double figures in the Championship goal scoring charts.

Craig Davies hasn't really been given a decent run in the team, but I quite like him, he's got good pace and he's a strong lad. He also has a decent shot on him, so don't write him off yet.

Beckford has been much better in our last two games, he's getting in to the positions and he's very unfortunate that he hasn't broken his duck so far. I think Beckford can be an asset for us, once he's gelled with the system and it's just a matter of time before he scores.

12Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 19:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I gave up along time ago on N'Gog and the sooner he's out of the club the better! Even if the opposition didn't have a keeper, he'd still struggle to reach double figures in the Championship goal scoring charts.

Craig Davies hasn't really been given a decent run in the team, but I quite like him, he's got good pace and he's a strong lad. He also has a decent shot on him, so don't write him off yet.

Beckford has been much better in our last two games, he's getting in to the positions and he's very unfortunate that he hasn't broken his duck so far. I think Beckford can be an asset for us, once he's gelled with the system and it's just a matter of time before he scores.
In all fairness neither has Sordell been given a decent chance either.

I still think it was a bad decision to loan him to Charlton for a season, hopefully there will be a clause which we can activate to have him back early. 

I would rather have given him a chance any day over the likes of Ngog and Beckford to be honest.

I'm not saying this now just because he has scored a goal for them either tongue

13Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 20:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't Sordell scoring in pre season ?

14Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 20:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bloody hell what a question, at the moment it's like asking what's better being shot or being stabbed.

At a push I would still say Beckford, I still have faith in him to come good. Ngog is probably the worst ''striker'' I have seen at the club since Rasiak.

15Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 20:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Wasn't Sordell scoring in pre season ?
Didn't we only score 1 goal all pre season?

We did absolutely shit I can remember that.

16Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 20:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Bloody hell what a question, at the moment it's like asking what's better being shot or being stabbed.

At a push I would still say Beckford, I still have faith in him to come good. Ngog is probably the worst ''striker'' I have seen at the club since Rasiak.
Unfortunately I have a feeling Beckford is going to go/gone the same way as Ngog.

17Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 20:50

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I gave up along time ago on N'Gog and the sooner he's out of the club the better! Even if the opposition didn't have a keeper, he'd still struggle to reach double figures in the Championship goal scoring charts.

In all fairness neither has Sordell been given a decent chance either.

I still think it was a bad decision to loan him to Charlton for a season, hopefully there will be a clause which we can activate to have him back early. 

I would rather have given him a chance any day over the likes of Ngog and Beckford to be honest.

I'm not saying this now just because he has scored a goal for them either tongue
To be honest, I think Sordell hasn't the correct attitude for Dougie. I remember a game towards the end of last season, I can't remember our opponents, but Sordell was subbed part way through the second half and Sordell took forever to come off the pitch. 

You would normally expect the manager and player to at least shake hands, or the player be given a pat on the back by the manger, no nothing! No eye contact whatsoever.

Sordell, imo will never make it at Bolton whilst Dougie is his manager.

18Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 21:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think the Charlton fans are impressed with Sordell's attitude either.

Neither he nor Ngog have been value for money so far (thanks Owen) but both are better players than they get credit for. We were getting somewhere in the relegation season when we played Ngog in a 4-5-1. To play him in a 4-4-2 which we finally did, the other striker has to have certain abilities so as to make use of the openings he creates, that Kevin Davies lacked.

Although he didn't score many goals, Sordell added flair that was important in turning last season around.

Both could be great with the right man management.

19Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Thu Oct 03 2013, 22:11

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:Very few strikers can manufacture goals for themselves. Chances must be layed on consistantly. To boot none of them has a run in the side...also two strikers together.....how can they become familar with each other unless that happens.
Doogie changes the team week to week so no consistancy at all.
Does anybody think that Robin Van Persie would have a hatfull of goals for us today?  1 or 2 maybe...that's all.
If you force us to put Van Persie in the lineup this weekend, he'll score one or two per game.  There, I said it... now make it happen.

20Who is currently our best striker? Empty Re: Who is currently our best striker? Fri Oct 04 2013, 11:55

why do i keep wishing every other post was made by culcheth at the moment?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum