Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman in no rush to sign new left-back

+3
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
karlypants
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MARC Tierney’s long-term injury will not force Wanderers immediately back into the transfer market.

Dougie Freedman has hinted Tim Ream or Alex Baptiste could be used on the left side of defence for the foreseeable future, and that club captain Zat Knight could come back into his plans for tomorrow’s clash with Birmingham.

Freedman rubbished reports linking him with a move for Southampton’s Danny Fox and said, for the time being, he would not be looking to bring another left-back to the club.

“It’s the one position that we haven’t doubled up on, and wouldn’t you know, that’s the way things are going for us right now,” he said.

“I thought Alex Baptiste did a fantastic job there the other night, and Tim Ream can play there too. Zat Knight could come back into the team because I think he has freshened up.

“I’ve got a couple of options so am I in the market for a left-back? Not right now.
“But in the interests of balance then it might be best to look for one somewhere down the line.”

Craig Davies returns to the squad for the televised St Andrew’s clash, having missed several games with a foot injury.

Otherwise, Freedman will take the same squad to the Second City as he had at Bloomfield Road on Tuesday night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just as I was getting over my knightmares....

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd think after our first away clean sheet in three decades that he'd be keen to keep Knight out of the picture.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It would be silly to change the defence from the one that started on Tuesday.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:It would be silly to change the defence from the one that started on Tuesday.
Let's just hope Dougie's really learning that keeping Knight out of the team is a good thing and he doesn't put him back in!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Knight has freshened up? What the fuck does that mean, that he's finally had a wash?

The last thing I would do is change the back 4 which kept the first clean sheet since the back end of last season, talk about managerial suicide.

He needs to be looking for a striker on loan IMO instead of a left back.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Knight has freshened up? What the fuck does that mean, that he's finally had a wash?
lol!

Can't see him changing the back 4 after Blackpool, he's more likely said this to keep Knight's morale up should we need to call on him.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Dougie will want to extend McNaughton's initial one month loan arrangement, to a 3 month deal. Baptiste is capable at left back and McNaughton is a top drawer right back for this league.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Knight has freshened up? What the fuck does that mean, that he's finally had a wash?

I'm surprised that Hipster hasn't been all over that comment with the 'R' word. Smile 

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Saw a Malky McKay interview where he said McNaughton had gone on loan initially for a month to see if he liked Bolton and Bolton liked him

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum