Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Man of the Match v Birmingham

+13
karlypants
Culcheth_White
boltonbonce
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Banks of the Croal
Barryjw
Triumph
Natasha Whittam
kennster
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Three votes to use.

Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% [ 5 ]
Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 2 ]
Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% [ 4 ]
Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% [ 3 ]
Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% [ 3 ]
Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap51%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 51% [ 29 ]
Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 2 ]
Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 57

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sat Oct 05 2013, 18:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome aboard Bonce.

22Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sat Oct 05 2013, 18:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome BoltonBonce, hopefully you will enjoy your stay here with all us nutters! Twisted Evil

23Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sat Oct 05 2013, 18:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks for the welcome all. Just don't mention Barry Knight,or I may have to take my medication. I see that man in my worst nightmares.

24Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sat Oct 05 2013, 19:00

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Keep your eyes of Culcheth White's avatar, you will go blind, oh and welcome to the Nut house!

25Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sat Oct 05 2013, 19:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Mr Magoo. Have you been ignoring your own advice?

26Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sat Oct 05 2013, 19:23

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I have indeed, that's why I am giving you the heads up.

27Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sat Oct 05 2013, 19:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers Mr Magoo. Notice you're in Devon. Did you know there's a close in Devon named after a great Wanderer of the past? Dick Pym close in Exeter is named after the keeper who played in our 3 cup wins in  23,26 and 29. When Exeter city sold him to us in 20/21,the £5,000 we payed them allowed them to purchase their ground(St James' Park). I'd better get off,I could bore for England with this stuff!

28Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sat Oct 05 2013, 19:45

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Was your first bike a hobby horse :biggrin:

29Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sat Oct 05 2013, 21:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Feeney was obviously excellent. I'm not getting carried away yet as a lot of wingers can play like that one week then be a waste of space the next. Either way, can't be a bad bit of business.

30Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sun Oct 06 2013, 11:57

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Jesus,which tit voted for El Prat,you need to seek medical help Im afraid.affraid 

31Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sun Oct 06 2013, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Feeney was great but I voted for Freedman, if only for the fact that he was at least willing to try 3 CBs for once - something that I thought could have been used earlier in the season. Providing the FBs and wingers put in a big shift, it could work for us without compromising the attack.
Would love to see him start that system with two wide men, say Feeney and Hall or Eagles, but I'm not holding my breath as he has a reputation for being defensively minded and has set us up narrow all season - and after all we are still deep in the mire despite yesterday's close fought and to a large extent lucky win.

Don't get the point of playing Prats wide. Presumably DF thought he could put a shift in up and down the flank, but it's not his position and he offers little going forward unless he's coming through the middle.

32Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sun Oct 06 2013, 16:48

Just looked up Feeney, his contract expires at the end of this season. Meaning we'd be free to offer him a contract in January should he continue to impress.

33Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Sun Oct 06 2013, 18:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Feeney continues to perform like he did on Saturday then it's a no brainer for me.

34Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Mon Oct 07 2013, 07:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's played a couple of good games for us perhaps because he's fighting to save his flagging career. His head is in the right place. Maybe Dougie can use that to fire up our own players who have the quality (according to the media) but some of them have simply not been making enough effort or playing with enough intensity (IMO).

Can't see any of the newbies being signed unless we sell first - and unless our lads suddenly get inspired to play to the level of their alleged ability, who would buy them?

And if they did start playing to the level they are capable of, wouldn't we want to keep them?

35Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Mon Oct 07 2013, 08:13

I think Lee, N'gog and Knight are all in the last year of their contracts now. Knight probably won't get a better offer, but the other two will almost certainly look to leave IMO. They don't look committed at all to me, and them leaving should free up significant wages.

36Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Mon Oct 07 2013, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee £2.2 million
Knight £3 million?
Ngog £4.5million

That's £9.7 million? spent on players who we are going to let go for nothing?
No wonder our finances are in such poor shape.

37Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Mon Oct 07 2013, 11:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog has been a bigger waste of money than Elmander.

And to think, at the start of the season the usual suspects were going on about what a useful player he was.

38Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Mon Oct 07 2013, 13:04

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:I think Lee, N'gog and Knight are all in the last year of their contracts now. Knight probably won't get a better offer, but the other two will almost certainly look to leave IMO. They don't look committed at all to me, and them leaving should free up significant wages.

The players that I think are out of contract at the end of this season are N'Gog, Knight, Mears & Eagles.

I think Chungy isn't out of contract until the end of the 2014/15 season.

39Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Mon Oct 07 2013, 13:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I think Lee, N'gog and Knight are all in the last year of their contracts now. Knight probably won't get a better offer, but the other two will almost certainly look to leave IMO. They don't look committed at all to me, and them leaving should free up significant wages.

The players that I think are out of contract at the end of this season are N'Gog, Knight, Mears & Eagles.

I think Chungy isn't out of contract until the end of the 2014/15 season.
I think Eagles is worth keeping and a new contract needs negotiating but the rest I am not worried about as they haven't really done much for us to be honest.

I know we paid £4M for Ngog but I doubt we would get much for him and feel we would benefit in the long term with not having to pay his salary, I would have thought that he is one of the top earners?

40Man of the Match v Birmingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Man of the Match v Birmingham Mon Oct 07 2013, 14:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog is a talented footballer but he's not an out-and-out striker in a million years. He was linked to that French club so maybe there is a way to recoup something for him?

If Dougie intends to play 3CBs with any regularity then I'd keep Knight as he actually works well in that system, but if we revert back to playing narrow there's little point.

Eagles has been OK but I tend to think he does a lot of huffing and puffing with little end product lately.

How many times in recent years have we got excited about a signing, only for them to let us down?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum