Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie: An organised performance

+7
observer
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
Barryjw
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dougie: An organised performance Empty Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

“I thought it was a very well organised performance from start to finish,” Freedman said in his post-match press conference.

“We came here today to a team who are in-form of late and played some fantastic football. We passed and moved the ball well and were very brave in our play.

“The second half was a little different to the first. They put on a big man up top and put us under some pressure.

“We dealt well with their long balls and showed determination and commitment to keep them at bay. They obviously got the one goal from a set piece, but I thought we defended very well today.

“This league win has been coming for some time now. We all know it has been a bit of a frustrating time of late. I think that in our performance today there are certainly signs that we can climb the league table very quickly.

“I’m very happy for the players at this moment because they’ve put in a lot of hard work.

“A number of players have come in and worked very hard. I believe that the Bolton fans deserve these kinds of players.

“If we’re being honest we’d like to go and play a game this Tuesday now. Obviously that isn’t the case with the international break, but make no mistake that these players will be back out working hard on the training ground.

“Our confidence is high right now. We’ll regroup and get one or two players back up to fitness and go again.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No doubt one or two will find fault in Dougies comments but I think he pretty much got it right. Sheffield Wednesday at home should be a massive six pointer but if we play like we did today then we can certainly take all 3 points in our next match.

3Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone else think it was a poor effort from Boggers for the goal.

looked on the TV like he should have at least got a hand to it.

4Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Did anyone else think it was a poor effort from Boggers for the goal.

That's what the radio commentators said as well.

5Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not sure about blaming Boggers for the goal really, it was one of them headers from zigic that you see go in a lot, he probably should have got a better touch to it but it was a decent header to be fair.

6Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:30

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Boggy got sucked towards the back post and was beaten by a looping header. Think on this occasion it may be a little harsh to blame him.

7Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:43

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A little harsh on boggers but as someone posted last week about world class saves.....would another goalie palmed that one away?
The commentator also said our goals were due to massive blunders from their defense.....so take from it what you will.

8Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckford had a hell of a lot to do for his goal even though he was in on goal.

the second goal was a scramble and Danns got there first, great work from Feeney to get it in.

so both good goals for me. Beckford hitting the bar again too.

9Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Did anyone else think it was a poor effort from Boggers for the goal.

We win for the first time in months and you're still not happy!

Bloody troll.

10Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 18:06

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I thought the same, but I think he got caught leaning forward and didn't see the ball. After watching the replays, I thought he should have gotten at least one hand on it.  Nat - Hipster is happy, as we all are for the next two weeks.

11Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 18:21

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

We win for the first time in months and you're still not happy!

Bloody troll.
Nat you are usually upbeat ....  have you taken new medication ?

12Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 21:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we keep Knight out of defense and swap Bogdan for Lonergan then we could be on to the winning formula! Very Happy

13Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 21:41

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I agree thought Bogden was out of position and should have done better, but his earlier save was top class. Nice to enjoy a Saturday night

14Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 21:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:I agree thought Bogden was out of position and should have done better, but his earlier save was top class. Nice to enjoy a Saturday night
I've just watched the save and it was first class.

15Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sat Oct 05 2013, 21:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great save.

Did anyone get a chuckle (after we cleared it) from Bogdan smacking it out for a throw and then, for some reason starting to run over to the sideline as if to take the throw.

An odd moment.

16Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sun Oct 06 2013, 00:58

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Yeah great save that one and yes, I wanted to see a replay of him running out! What a giggle, he was so fired up! I have to add that it was good to see him so determined to clear the ball after his initial save.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17Dougie: An organised performance Empty Re: Dougie: An organised performance Sun Oct 06 2013, 12:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was charging about the box earlier on in the game. Definitely keen to make up for last week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum