Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Sam part 2

+7
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Reebok_Rebel
boltonbonce
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Big Sam part 2 Empty Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 15:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone else think,despite the presence of Gartside that BSA might return to the club. I,for one,would take him like a shot. The blueprint for success he put in place has been torn to shreds due to a combination of financial ineptitude and a sorry lack of ambition. The club at present is mired in mediocrity from top to bottom,one look at the squad tells the tale. N'gog,Mears,Knight,Beckford,Pratley et al. Not to mention a few 2nd rate loan signings.I'd play Long John Silver before Mears got on the team sheet.Love him or hate him,the big man has the magic touch,and I'd carry him to Bolton on my back if need be. This might just be a pipe dream,but if the chance for a return came up,would you be up for it? Would you? I would.:drink:

2Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 15:17

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I would have him back. 

however, for him to come back, uncle Garty would have to do one...

3Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 15:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The game has changed a lot since he was at Bolton. The second tier is miles more competitive. It's a lot harder to break into the top 8 of the Premiership. There's far fewer ex world cup winners and ex Madrid/PSG/Inter etc stars available on a free. And the fact that we've let the last two dick heads spend crazy money on trash for six years means whoever manages the club now has the task of improving the team whilst cutting expenditure.

If Allardyce came back, I'd be worried about him damaging his relationship with the fans when he invariably didn't recreate what he put together the first time round.

4Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 16:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one doubts times have changed,but I'd trust BSA to to do more with £500,000 than most other managers with 10 times that to spend. Another Jay Jay is unlikely to appear, but what all his teams have is a solid work ethic, a strong captain, and the certainty that every player knows exactly what is expected of him. The present lot are a mess,with a captain who can't even get in the side. This is a tough division and this bunch of 2nd raters will be hard pressed to get us out of it.

5Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 16:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't see him ever coming back, you look at most managers who have gone on to better clubs it's rare you will see them go back to where they made a name for themselves after they get sacked.

I'd bring him back in a shot but even with PG gone i still doubt he would return.

6Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 17:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would he leave a team that can beat Spurs 3-0 away to come to a team like ours ?

7Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 17:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fat Sam will end up back at Bolton one day. He's done a good job at West Ham but one bad season and he'll be on his way. A couple more poor spells at other clubs and Bolton will seem a decent prospect, even if Dougie has taken us to the Evo-Stik league.

8Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 17:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bang on Nat.I just feel that somewhere down the line, a second coming,to rebuild that torn asunder by others,would appeal to his considerable ego.

9Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 18:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He might bring Anelka back too Laughing 

10Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 18:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anelka will still be better than N'gog 10 years from now. N'gog would never be the cause of any distress to barn doors.

11Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The game has changed a lot since he was at Bolton. The second tier is miles more competitive. It's a lot harder to break into the top 8 of the Premiership. There's far fewer ex world cup winners and ex Madrid/PSG/Inter etc stars available on a free. And the fact that we've let the last two dick heads spend crazy money on trash for six years means whoever manages the club now has the task of improving the team whilst cutting expenditure.

If Allardyce came back, I'd be worried about him damaging his relationship with the fans when he invariably didn't recreate what he put together the first time round.
Though i don't think it will happen in a million years, this is exactly the situation i suspect would occur if it did.

12Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 07:51

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Bang on Nat.I just feel that somewhere down the line, a second coming,to rebuild that torn asunder by others,would appeal to his considerable ego.
Sorry- but it will never happen. Given his age his undoubted wealth and his track record there is no reason at all why he would ever come back and manage a failing club.
If he ever did it would be the sort of tokenism that we wouldn't want at the club. It would be like a part time job to him- something to keep him occupied during retirement. Something to get away from the missus during the day
It's not going to happen

13Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 12:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably right rammy,certainly with Gartside still on the throne it's a non starter. But I can't agree we're a failing club. Disorganized yes,strapped for cash certainly,but the infrastructure is in place to take the club back to where it belongs. David Lee,in particular is doing a great job with the academy so lets not be too downhearted. We could of course hope for a super rich businessman to step in,but after seeing the farce taking place with Cardiff city today it might be wise to steer clear of that paricular avenue.

14Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 12:59

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Only failing in the sense that not long ago we were semi serious contenders for a top six place in the Prem, buying expensive players and getting well known internationals to play for us.
Now we're towards the bottom of a lower league and borrowing from clubs in the same league.
We've fallen from grace to being a set of journeymen.
As regards being back to where we belong- I think we are actually where we belong.
The reality is that we're a small town club  with few resources, a smallish ground, with limited( but very enthusiastic) support and no money.
There's a natural cycle to all of this- many clubs like ours (Blackburn,Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds,Middlesboro, Forest, Coventry) all think they belong in the Prem because they were once there. They are where they are, because that's where they belong. Same as us. We've had our day in the sun,and I can't see it coming back for a long,long time.
Certainly not with this group of players. So, much as I'd like to be back in the Prem, I don't think that I'll see it.
In that sense we're a failing because we've lost our stature and there are no real signs of us regaining it.

15Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 13:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crikey rammy,give me some hope! Or the number for the samaritans.:falltopieces:

16Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 13:56

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's always hope!! I might be wrong and we might get promoted this year. Miracles do happen. We might be in a bad place at the minute- but that's what makes a fan into a fan- believing that we can get out of it.
How can you enjoy the good times if you don't know what the bad times feel like!

17Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 13:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:.
How can you enjoy the good times if you don't know what the bad times feel like!
Right, well I've had enough of the bad times so Freedman out!

18Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:01

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:.
Right, well I've had enough of the bad times so Freedman out!
...but we had the good times under Big Sam. And looking back,bloody hell, they were good times as well. Thinking about them makes me mad when I think of all that being squandered

19Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too right. Remember watching us at Burnden against Rochale in some mickey mouse cup game in 91,there was a crowd of about 1500 and very little to cheer about. Things improved.I'm sure they will again. Unfortunately my neighbor supports Burnley.

20Big Sam part 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Too right. Remember watching us at Burnden against Rochale in some mickey mouse cup game in 91,there was a crowd of about 1500 and very little to cheer about. Things improved.I'm sure they will again. Unfortunately my neighbor supports Burnley.
Have him a bet that we finish higher than they do. There's a chance that you might win. If Beckford starts finding the back of the net- then we probably will!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum