Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Sam part 2

+7
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Reebok_Rebel
boltonbonce
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Big Sam part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had £20 with him at the start of the season. not looking good. Still,the the upturn in fortunes for the clarets has led to an astonishing increase in the sale of banjos in that neck of the woods.

22Big Sam part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We will go further down before it gets any better and like Rammy I fear I will never see us in the Prem again. Having seen us relegated from the top flight five times and promoted to the same four times it will take a miracle. Sorry to be so gloomy, hope I'm wrong.

23Big Sam part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

However desperate our current situation might be I wouldn't go wishing for a foreign owner. Imagine a twit like Tan or the Venky's buying the club. The bastard at Cardiff changed the shirt colour and the club badge and has applied to have Cardiff City FC renamed Cardiff City Dragons. He's just sacked one of Malky's right hand men and replaced him with a kid who is a mate of his son and whose only claim to fame is that he did a bit of painting at the club.

Look at Birmingham City, at least when Sullivan and Gold ran it there was a certain amount of investment. The dude who took over, Carson Yung, is awaiting trial in Hong Kong on money laundering and most of Birmingham's assets have been frozen.

Our original badge had an elephant on it. Do we really want it replacing with a chicken or a turban? I'd happily stay in this division than sell our club to some Johnny Come Lately with a rucksack full of false promises. We must be careful what we wish for.

24Big Sam part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:We will go further down before it gets any better and like Rammy I fear I will never see us in the Prem again.
You'll see us in the prem again, Soul.

25Big Sam part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Sam part 2 Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think people are missing a massive part of the jigsaw as to why no one will now buy our club - namely the Financial Fair Play regulations.

As I understand it the FFP basically prevents any owner investing substantial subs into a club anymore.

Who would want to pay millions to buy the club if then they can't take it forward?

Someone would have to spend potentially tens of millions to buy the clubs debt, then have something like just under £10 million (equivalent to a Zat Knight and a Ngog!) to spend in their first season to get us promotion - and even less to invest the next and subsequent seasons.

Just doesn't make any financial sense to me - they may as well buy a club without our sort of debt for millions of pounds less and build that club rather than ours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum