Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

That young lad we have loaned out in Scotland - thug!

+5
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PARTICK THISTLE kid Gary Fraser could be kicked out of football for up to a year after being charged with an attack on Dunfermline’s Chris Kane.

The on-loan Bolton player has been handed a notice of complaint by the SFA after being cited for “punching a player on the opposing team” and “thereafter kicking him repeatedly on the head and body”.

The incident happened in the 85th minute of an SPFL Under-20s match at Firhill that resulted in a mass brawl between both sets of players. Referee Grant Irvine deemed Fraser guilty of excessive misconduct.

But Pars Under-20 coach John Potter insists any punishment should be restricted to a handful of games if the Jags midfielder is found guilty.

Potter said: “It was an ugly collision. Gary lost the plot for a few seconds but it’s ridiculous to suggest it’s worthy of a one-year ban.

“He came into the dressing room after the game to apologise and Chris was happy to accept that.

“Chris is someone who knows the game and is no shrinking violet himself so I’m sure he’d be happy to speak in defence of the severity of the incident.”

Kane was sent off for retaliating as well as Thistle’s Dale Keenan. All three players will incur an
automatic two-match ban that applies for their respective senior sides.

But compliance officer Vincent Lunny has notified Thistle that Fraser has additionally been charged with breaching rule 201 of the SFA’s disciplinary guidelines.

If found guilty the top-end punishment the former Hamilton kid could possibly face is a one-year ban from football with a 16-match suspension also among the heavier sanctions.

An eight-match ban could be imposed or Fraser could see his absence set at four games if the misdemeanour is deemed at the lower end of the scale.

The player’s fate will be decided at a disciplinary hearing at Hampden on November 14.

Fraser arrived at Firhill on a six-month loan deal from Bolton during the summer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It certainly doesn't sound good does it. Shocked

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At last some passion from a Bolton player - he should be the first name on the teamsheet tomorrow.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is this the lad who didn't want to sign for us originally, because of homesickness?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Is this the lad who didn't want to sign for us originally, because of homesickness?
I think your right there Culcheth.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Is this the lad who didn't want to sign for us originally, because of homesickness?
You're getting mixed up with Sordell you idiot.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
We have 2 home sick players Nat!

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I'm right, you bellend!

Last edited by Culcheth_White on Fri Oct 25 2013, 13:00; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
I'm right, you bellend!
lol!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watch your tone Culcheth. Culcheth isn't a big place, with tits like that you're going to stand out.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've all made mistakes.

Need to support him through this by handing him his P45 and requesting he leave Bolton for good.

but obviously in a reasoned manner, no abuse.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We've all made mistakes.

Need to support him through this by handing him his P45 and requesting he leave Bolton for good.

but obviously in a reasoned manner, no abuse.
Let Gartside handle it, hopefully he will receive a twatting in the process! Laughing

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Buy Joey Barton and put this lad in the middle of the park with him, problem solved.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Buy Joey Barton and put this lad in the middle of the park with him, problem solved.
My idea sounds better Scott. Wink

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Buy Joey Barton and put this lad in the middle of the park with him, problem solved.
No, it doesn't.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
karlypants wrote:
No, it doesn't.
My idea solves 2 problems though, unless you like Gartside! Wink

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
karlypants wrote:
No, it doesn't.
My idea solves 2 problems though, unless you like Gartside! Wink
He should suffer like the rest of us.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Update:

Midfielder Gary Fraser in dock facing 'lengthy ban'

Gary Fraser will hear today from the Scottish Football Association about his punishment for attacking an opposing player.

The young Wanderers midfielder, currently on loan with Partick Thistle, was cited for “punching a player on the opposing team” and “thereafter kicking him repeatedly on the head and body” during a game against Dunfermline last month.

Wanderers will monitor the situation before deciding their course of action but reports at the time suggested his ban could be as long as a year.

He will attend a disciplinary hearing at Hampden Park today to learn his fate but Thistle manager Alan Archibald has appealed for leniency ahead of the meeting.

“I wasn’t at the game which is a blow as I would have liked to have seen it myself,” he said.

“I got the match official’s report and it doesn’t make good reading.

“I spoke to Gary. He just said the red mist came down and he retaliated. He knows he let himself down.

“He went in and apologised to the player and the referee but all we can do is wait for the hearing.

“I think he will get a lengthy ban but some reports are saying a year out of football.

“I don’t know where that is coming from. I have seen a lot of people doing a lot worse than that and get a lot less so I think that is madness.

“He is a young lad, nobody wants to see a young lad not playing football for a year..”

Fraser, aged 19, played for Hamilton last season but was released in the summer.

He had turned down a move to the Reebok in January, but was snapped up by Dougie Freedman as a future prospect and loaned out immediately to Partick, where he has made four appearances in the Scottish Premier League.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:At last some passion from a Bolton player - he should be the first name on the teamsheet tomorrow.
:clap:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does the SFA have the right to ban a player from all professional football or just professional football in Scotland?

I'm surprised they're suggesting it's the former. Maybe under FIFA rules?
Anyone know?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum