Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

That young lad we have loaned out in Scotland - thug!

+5
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Midfielder Gary Fraser given seven-game ban for violent conduct

Wanderers midfielder Gary Fraser has been banned for the rest of the year by the Scottish FA for violent conduct.

The incident occurred in an Under-20s game against Dunfermline last month and had already earned Fraser a two-match ban for a straight red card.

The disciplinary panel imposed a further seven game ban, which means he would not be available for selection until Thistle’s SPL game against Celtic on January 1.

It had been feared that the former Hamilton player could incur an even longer spell out of the game - with the SFA able to impose suspensions of up to a year for the most serious of offences.

But with the youngster's loan due to expire on January 4 it is likely that he will now return to train with Wanderers.

A statement from Partick Thistle read: "The Club, who were represented by Gerry Britton, have heard the result of the hearing into Gary Fraser's red card in the recent Under-20 fixture with Dunfermline Athletic.

"Gary, who is on loan at Firhill until January 4, has been given an additional seven-game ban. He will be available again for selection from January 1 onwards."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aw. He just wanted to come back into the fold.
With our luck he'll twat Beckford in training.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am gutted this lad won't be playing in our next match.

I am actually seething. No, really.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I am gutted this lad won't be playing in our next match.

Well what are you going to do about it?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I am gutted this lad won't be playing in our next match.

Well what are you going to do about it?
Cry in her panty liner? Laughing 

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Does the SFA have the right to ban a player from all professional football or just professional football in Scotland?

I'm surprised they're suggesting it's the former. Maybe under FIFA rules?
Anyone know?
wanderlust the terms of association under which all FA's join FIFA includes the agreement that if a player is banned in one country he's banned everywhere. Joey Barton was banned for twelve games by our FA and they sent him to Marseille on loan to get his ban out of the way faster because they started their season earlier in France but he still had to serve it. This young lad has wound up with a nine game ban in total and though it was imposed by the SFA it applies to any country who's FA are in FIFA mate.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Does the SFA have the right to ban a player from all professional football or just professional football in Scotland?

I'm surprised they're suggesting it's the former. Maybe under FIFA rules?
Anyone know?
wanderlust the terms of association under which all FA's join FIFA includes the agreement that if a player is banned in one country he's banned everywhere. Joey Barton was banned for twelve games by our FA and they sent him to Marseille on loan to get his ban out of the way faster because they started their season earlier in France but he still had to serve it. This young lad has wound up with a nine game ban in total and though it was imposed by the SFA it applies to any country who's FA are in FIFA mate.
Cheers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum