Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arsenal, the real deal?

+6
scottjames30
kennster
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Arsenal, the real deal? Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I doubt some of you are that bothered but they are top of the league and clear by 5 points, are they the real deal or will they fade away as the season goes on?

After watching them tonight against Liverpool they look very impressive right now and all round look the best team in the prem.

2Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Re: Arsenal, the real deal? Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:43

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Said earlier in the season I fancied Arsenal for the league, maybe they could upset the mancs and Chelsea this year.

3Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Re: Arsenal, the real deal? Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:Said earlier in the season I fancied Arsenal for the league, maybe they could upset the mancs and Chelsea this year.
Arsenal haven't won the league since 03/04 season so would be a nice change from Man United all the time, getting bored of them winning it now to be honest.

With the work that Moyes did at Everton, I would have liked them to be contending for it.

As most people say, the premier league starts after the top 4.

4Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Re: Arsenal, the real deal? Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Their away form will let them down

5Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Re: Arsenal, the real deal? Sun Nov 03 2013, 08:45

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

karlypants wrote:
Banks of the Croal wrote:Said earlier in the season I fancied Arsenal for the league, maybe they could upset the mancs and Chelsea this year.
Arsenal haven't won the league since 03/04 season so would be a nice change from Man United all the time, getting bored of them winning it now to be honest.

With the work that Moyes did at Everton, I would have liked them to be contending for it.

As most people say, the premier league starts after the top 4.
You want Man United to be contending for the title? I'm sure there's a rule against that.

6Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Re: Arsenal, the real deal? Sun Nov 03 2013, 09:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They'll run out of steam and struggle to make the top four.

7Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Re: Arsenal, the real deal? Sun Nov 03 2013, 11:59

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

City for me and Chelsea runners up.The scums days of domination are over.

8Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Re: Arsenal, the real deal? Sun Nov 03 2013, 12:19

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm pretty gutted that I didn't pick Arsenal in my accumulator bet at the start of the season. I always like to bet on one team for each league and I chose Chelsea at around 4/1 for the title. Arsenal were about 16/1 that I remember, looks a snip now at those odds.

9Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Re: Arsenal, the real deal? Sun Nov 03 2013, 14:22

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I didn't expect them to keep a clean sheet against SAS - doing so and scoring two pretty nice goals of their own says they are the real deal. That doesn't mean they will win the league by default, but they just might.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Re: Arsenal, the real deal? Mon Nov 04 2013, 15:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think they've got a deep enough squad to provide cover in key positions if they have injuries. They have tons of quality midfielders but any injuries at the back e.g. Mertesacker and I think they'd struggle. No real cover for Giroud either as he appears to be their only target man.

Stay injury free and they could stagger over the line.

11Arsenal, the real deal? Empty Re: Arsenal, the real deal? Mon Nov 04 2013, 18:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

After seeing the Spurs-Everton game yesterday I am not surprised they are top of the league, for a match where the winner would go second in what the media claim is ''the best league in the world'', was a fucking terrible match.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum