Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will go in the January transfer window?

+17
Norpig
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
Tigermin
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
Lyric Todkill
kennster
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Barryjw
wanderlust
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Danns = best player at bwfc.

Mcniughton = ok but not that good

feeny = worth a go defo

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:Danns = best player at bwfc.

Mcniughton = ok but not that good

feeny = worth a go defo

We won't get Feeny in January full stop. Milwall will not sell him to us now, even if it means he goes on a free next summer. 

MacNaughton I personally rate as pretty good. Danns is awesome at the moment but I don't know if he'll keep that going if things start to go badly again.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:haha "TIT" bramble did make me laugh.
I've missed you Hipster, have you been inside?
Yeah a short stint for flashing, 3rd offence. 

no just kidding. 

Have honestly had nothing (sarcastic) to say.

I've dried up. You know the feeling nat.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:You agree with which bit Barry? You think that Dougie will clear them out in January?
Or just that they are expecting to be moved on at some stage?
I think one or two might go in January and the rest will be passengers until the summer.
Prefer the deadwood to go in January for a healthy fee, hopefully (we can only dream). Suspect Dougie may have difficulty finding any gullible mugs!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:
wanderlust wrote:You agree with which bit Barry? You think that Dougie will clear them out in January?
Or just that they are expecting to be moved on at some stage?
I think one or two might go in January and the rest will be passengers until the summer.
Prefer the deadwood to go in January for a healthy fee, hopefully (we can only dream). Suspect Dougie may have difficulty finding any gullible mugs!
Fingers crossed Coyle comes back to re purchase some of his shit Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yeah a short stint for flashing, 3rd offence. 

no just kidding. 

Have honestly had nothing (sarcastic) to say.

I've dried up. You know the feeling nat.
Very Happy  Insulting.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers: Who will go in the January sales?

Dougie Freedman is going into the next transfer window with a few plans up his sleeve.

After a poor start to the season the green shoots of recovery started to emerge in October and the first part of November. And if that improvement continues after the international break, a top-half position should theoretically be in place by the new year.

But where does that leave Freedman as he continues his rebuilding job at the Reebok?

With six senior players out of contract in the summer and two of his bigger earners in Keith Andrews and Marvin Sordell out on loan, the financial reality of a third year outside the Premier League, and a smaller parachute payment, is that further concessions will have to be made.

Equally, Freedman is acutely aware he left himself short of options in spells last season when injuries and suspensions started to mount up, so widespread January sales are unlikely to be the case.

Speaking before the Millwall game, the Whites boss said the contract situation of a handful of players had been occupying his thoughts.

“It is in the back of my mind because I have got a responsibility to the football club and that means looking after the financial position,” he said. “That is a big part of the game these days.

“With players’ contracts running out I have already sat down and thought ‘what can we afford, when can we afford it, and in what league can we afford it?’ “It is definitely in the back of my mind.”

But what of the six players in the final year of their existing deals?

Here, we take a look at their current prospects and the possibility of them leaving the club in January or next summer.

CHRIS EAGLES Wanderers’ star attraction has lost some of his sparkle in recent weeks after struggling to take his chances in the team.

Name-checked as one of the “tough calls” that Freedman has to make between now and the end of the season, suggesting that extending his contract is not a formality.

Would undoubtedly attract offers in January if his future is not sorted – perhaps even from the man who brought him to the Reebok, Owen Coyle.

Eagles is, on his day, unplayable in the Championship but those occasions have become few and far between. Will he rediscover his mojo? Could be a big asset in the latter stages of the campaign.

STUART HOLDEN So desperately unlucky with injuries but could still have time to show Freedman that he can put his fitness problems behind him.

With the cruciate ligament damage he picked up playing for the US in the summer now very much on the mend, it looks like being February before the popular midfielder is back out on the pitch. From there, it is very much down to him.

Holden is nothing if not resolute and while convincing Jurgen Klinsmann that he is worth a spot in the World Cup squad might just be beyond him, he has enough goodwill in the tank at Wanderers to suggest he could earn a new deal if he is playing regularly by the end of the season.

DAVID NGOG A player capable of raising some cash in January, if not a massive chunk of the £4million paid out to Liverpool a couple of years ago.

Ngog has only been able to show his best in brief spells at the Reebok and though Freedman rates him, it seems unlikely he will settle for another season in the Championship.

As one of the higher earners, a January departure for Ngog would free cash to spend elsewhere – but will the club write-off that kind of transfer fee?

Suffice it to say the impending arrival of Cardiff City’s Joe Mason is an indication that Freedman is looking at other options up front.

TYRONE MEARS Very little has gone right for Mears since he came to the club from Burnley alongside Chris Eagles in the summer of 2011.

A broken leg kept him out for virtually a year and a bout of illness at the tail end of last season put him well down the pecking order under Freedman.

He has been told he can leave and may well regret not taking Millwall up on their offer of a deal in August. But with a good CV behind him at Turf Moor, West Ham, Derby and Marseille, he should have no problem finding a club at Championship level.

ANDRE MORITZ Handed a one-year deal in the summer, and very much a Freedman experiment, we have seen very little of the Brazilian playmaker because of injuries and illness.

But we saw a glimpse of what may be yet to come with his goal against Millwall in Saturday’s 3-1 victory, a bench cameo that also saw some classy late touches on the ball.

Moritz will face stiff competition from Mark Davies when he gets back into the team but Freedman is insistent that his Samba magic will be an important asset in the long run.

If Wanderers are within striking distance of the promotion picture by March then it would be a surprise if his stay is not extended.

ZAT KNIGHT Dropped out of the first team picture in recent weeks but the captain is still playing a very important role behind the scenes.

Knight’s experience and his willingness to help the younger players in the squad landed him the captain’s role in the summer after Kevin Davies’s departure – and it would be a shock to see him move anywhere in January.

Beyond that could be down to the player himself. Should Wanderers remain in the Championship then finances will be tighter than they are now – but as one of Freedman’s trusted lieutenants, it may be that a different role is offered.

Cameos off the bench at Birmingham, Bournemouth and at home to Millwall have shown the big defender still he plenty more to offer on the pitch too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keep Moritz

Get shut of - Knight, Mears, Ngog, Holden and Eagles.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

Short Answer - Every fucker the club can possibly get rid of and replace with short term loan deals. 

Is it in the FA rules you cant field 11 loan players or not? If their isnt, that will be the plan!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog will go and i will shed no tears, terrible signing and a massive waste of money.

Of the others, i can only see Mears going as he doesn't figure at all now. We can't afford to let too many players go unless we have replacements lined up.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:

Of the others, i can only see Mears going as he doesn't figure at all now. We can't afford to let too many players go unless we have replacements lined up.
the club will let anyone go if it puts money in to the boards bonus fund. 

we will 'hope' we can find a short term loan (with a 'view' to a permanent deal... a deal that will never be made as this would involve money changing hands) to plug the gaps...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Norpig wrote:

the club will let anyone go if it puts money in to the boards bonus fund. 

we will 'hope' we can find a short term loan (with a 'view' to a permanent deal... a deal that will never be made as this would involve money changing hands) to plug the gaps...
It would be great if the Board were to throw in more good money after bad, but considering how much was spent and the fact that we still got relegated I don't blame them for finally closing the wallet. Shame it didn't happen earlier or we might be in a better place now.
In the past, many of our great players were bought for peanuts. Sure it's harder to get bargains like Gudni, Jussi and Super John McG these days, but at least it will force the manager to cast a wider net and try to get us back without bankrupting the club.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd keep Eagles because he's as good as anyone on his day. Get rid of the rest, utter crap.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wont win much with one player Nat Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd keep Eagles because he's as good as anyone on his day. Get rid of the rest, utter crap.
You're having a laugh , he's been utter shite all season.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd keep Eagles because he's as good as anyone on his day. Get rid of the rest, utter crap.
You'd keep someone that's clearly not interested in playing for us?

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sorry Nat you're way off beam with this one Eagles could be a world beater but only on rare occasions and that's no use to anyone. Furthermore, his laziness and lack of willingness to tackle back or even try to was one of the main reasons we were relegated along with Knight's similar incompetence. I still shudder when I think of it. Both can go for me.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eagles is a wet lettuce and lacks consistency. Knight on the other hand is consistently shite. N'gog I wouldn't mention in the same breath as shite. January can't come soon enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum