Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton

+19
Whitesince63
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Tigermin
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
Reebok Rules
scottjames30
observer
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 02 2013, 08:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Dougie Freedman wrote:Moritz has so much quality, I can't wait for the Bolton fans to see it.
So Dougie, after 17 matches you still haven't given this "quality" player a start, but the fucking useless Pratley gets picked every week.

Explain.
Rare occasion alert! :cop: 

I agree with natasha. I know, you're all thinking :wtf2: 

Moritz should have started before now. He's been on the bench both home and away which makes no sense to me. Moritz is clearly quicker, more skilful and more intelligent with the ball than Pratley although I do feel the latter is better in the tackle and works harder (based on the limited minutes I've seen Moritz play for us) in defence. Pratley should start away games where the aim is to basically keep the opposition out then see of we can nick a win. Moritz home games where we should be looking to attack much more.

82Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 02 2013, 10:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote: 

Moritz should have started before now. He's been on the bench both home and away which makes no sense to me. Moritz is clearly quicker, more skilful and more intelligent with the ball than Pratley although I do feel the latter is better in the tackle and works harder (based on the limited minutes I've seen Moritz play for us) in defence. Pratley should start away games where the aim is to basically keep the opposition out then see of we can nick a win. Moritz home games where we should be looking to attack much more.
This. :agree: :clap: :like: 

83Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 02 2013, 11:00

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Pratley should start away games ???? are fucking mad !!!! Keep the opposition out !!!Jesus Christ,the guy cant fucking tackle and when he does he fucks it up and gives away a free kick. He gives opposition players more space in a match than they get on the training ground,running around like a headless chicken does not make him a good player. I give up !!affraid ::mad:: :falltopieces:

84Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 02 2013, 11:07

Agree with luckypeterpiper too, be disappointed not to see Moritz start against Huddersfield.

85Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 02 2013, 11:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote: 

I think we should stick to the same style of play home and away instead of chopping and changing. Where we are playing shouldn't influence the players at all if they are professional about it. It's still 11 v 11 on a field and it would do them good to develop a consistent approach to games.

86Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 02 2013, 13:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:The run was always going to end, however our inability to retain possession will be our undoing all season which in the end will mean us only being mid-table.

As good as the unbeaten run was we still need much more up front, Beckford on his own up front all season is pretty poor as it's only him who is scoring at the moment on a regular basis.

As for the game as a whole Boro sounded like they edged it as they were the only team trying to get the 3 points in the second half until they scored.
Correct you are sir....  Allowing other sides all the possession and hitting on the break is not viable over the course of a season. Imagine QPR away .....we won't cross the half way line the way Doog has us set up right now.
6 points this week and many will have us winning the league again...with all due respect to Hudderfield & Doncaster.... not a exactly a powerhouse combo to test us is it? We have to take all six though IMO.

87Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 02 2013, 22:45

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote: 

I think we should stick to the same style of play home and away instead of chopping and changing. Where we are playing shouldn't influence the players at all if they are professional about it. It's still 11 v 11 on a field and it would do them good to develop a consistent approach to games.
wander whether we like it or not the biggest fault of the last four BWFC managers (including Dougie) is a lack of adaptability. You complain that he plays too rigid a style and yet when I suggest the same simple idea Sam Allardyce used as the bedrock of his tactics you moan that we shouldn't change anything and who cares where we play? Sheesh mate, you know better than that. When you're away from home you're ALWAYS going to play deeper and have less possession than your hone games unless you're Barcelona or Bayer or a team of that calibre. I don't mind the DF way of doing things when we're on the raod but I think he needs to attack teams like Huddersfield at home. Basically DF's 'style' should be whichever one is best suited to exploiting opposition weaknesses effectively. Sam was the best I've ever seen for that; possibly the ONLY manager of my lifetime who could do it every week.

88Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Middlesbrough 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 02 2013, 22:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tigermin wrote:Pratley should start away games ???? are fucking mad !!!! Keep the opposition out !!!Jesus Christ,the guy cant fucking tackle and when he does he fucks it up and gives away a free kick. He gives opposition players more space in a match than they get on the training ground,running around like a headless chicken does not make him a good player. I give up !!affraid ::mad:: :falltopieces:
Actually Tiger I think Darren Pratley should be named club captain, handed the keys to the town and never ever fail to start a match for us ever again from now until he's seventy years old! :clap: :good: Very Happy 

I wonder just how high Tiger's blood pressure got when he read 'Darren Pratley should be named club captain and did it leave orbit?:rofl: 

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

God I'm evil; just kidding Tiger; seriously I think he has some good points to offer as a defensive mid; I understand your passionate hatred of him as a player but I don't share it. He's no messi but he's not the worst in this division by any means and far from the worst we've seen there in a BWFC shirt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum