Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle sacked - NIXON

+20
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Spillthebeans
rogercpc
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
kennster
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
aaron_bwfc
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
doffcocker
karlypants
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 08:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan have reportedly sacked manager Owen Coyle after they lost at home for the third time in a week against Derby.
Coyle is believed to have met with the club's owners following Sunday's 3-1 loss to the Rams at the DW Stadium, where it was decided to end his spell at the club.
Sky Sports News have attempted to contact Wigan on Monday morning but there has been no response to the speculation.
Wigan are 14th in the Championship but only six points off a play-off spot, and after Sunday's defeat Coyle spoke about the negativity shown by some of the fans.
"I will take what criticism comes my way," said the Scot. "There is expectation at Wigan and there is a majority who are outstanding.
"But there is a section that is ultra-critical. We have already seen that in the treatment they give Jordi Gomez. We should all be sticking together."
Wigan were unbeaten in their first 10 home games under Coyle but they have suffered successive defeats to Brighton, Zulte Waregem and Derby.
Coyle has won just seven of his 23 games since being appointed Latics boss last summer, drawing six and losing 10.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11682/9053411/championship-wigan-reportedly-sack-owen-coyle-after-third-straight-home-defeat

42Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Coyle leaving Mon Dec 02 2013, 09:34

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Just been announce he is leaving Wigan with mutual consent

43Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 09:53

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Its true, fucken gutted, wanted him to be in charge when we played them

44Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 10:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing worse than playing them with a new bloody manager. It's a repeat of Saturday's  Boro game. ::seething::

45Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 10:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan will win the league now, Wigan fans want RDM????

46Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 11:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not surprising really.

47Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 11:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was always a stupid appointment, Dave Whelan should have known better.

It was as if he totally ignored Coyle's fuck up at Bolton, a club in a similar position i.e. relegated from the PL.

Fair play to Owen Coyle, he must be a very rich man having been sacked by two clubs inside 18 months. I have no doubt another club will ignore his fuck ups at Bolton and Wigan and offer him another fat contract.

48Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 11:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barnsley?

49Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 11:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ex-Wanderers boss Coyle set to be sacked at Wigan Athletic

Former Wanderers boss Owen Coyle is expected to be sacked as manager of Wigan Athletic later today.

The Scot, who left the Reebok last October, has spent just six months in charge of the Latics but has presided over an alarming drop in form.

A 3-1 defeat against Derby County on Sunday was Wigan’s third in nine days, and leaves the club 14th in the Championship table.

Coyle is set to become the third Championship manager sacked over the weekend, after Sheffield Wednesday’s Dave Jones and Barnsley’s David Flitcroft.

Source

50Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 12:30

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fellow Nelsoner Mike Phelan next up. afro 

51Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 12:41

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:How he must regret walking out on Burnley to join us. Chances are though that they would have discovered his incapacity to seriously manage a club and it's probable that he would have been shown the door by now if he'd stayed with them.
Despite all the Judas stuff they shouted at him, I bet with hindsight that they're glad he went.
Sean Dyche seems to be doing a good job with them now

It's absolutely hilarious karma Rammy.

In hindsight we might still have been in the Premier League now had he stayed (I've always thought that he would have kept us up). Then he could have gone in the summer when our profile and his profile were bigger. We then wouldn't have been rushed into getting Bison Head in and may have got a decent manager who could have built us into a Wigan or possibly a Stoke.

Anyway all ifs and buts.

His god must be punishing him because no Christian should lie as much as he does. Very Happy 

52Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 13:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dave Whelan said Coyle was the outstanding candidate when he offered him the job!

53Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 13:18

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I really don't know where this will leave Coyle's managerial career now. I can't see another Championship club taking a gamble on him and he could well end up in League 1 at best. Coyle might even end up in the shitty Scottish League, who knows?

54Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 13:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I really don't know where this will leave Coyle's managerial career now. I can't see another Championship club taking a gamble on him and he could well end up in League 1 at best. Coyle might even end up in the shitty Scottish League, who knows?
A team like Barnsley perhaps?

55Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 15:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Is he still the best manager he's ever been, though? And how poor is it that it took two burly Wigan fans to hold a single pillowcase?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

56Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 16:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Is he still the best manager he's ever been, though? And how poor is it that it took two burly Wigan fans to hold a single pillowcase?
Wigan should stick to their rugby!

57Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 16:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Victim of circumstance again.

Feel sorry for the man, true gent.

58Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Victim of circumstance again.

Feel sorry for the man, true gent.
How is a liar a "true gent"?

59Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:07

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

There you you go Garstside you fat useless lump of shit - thats how you sack someone when you realise you've made a monumental fuck-up! - don't piss about waiting for your fuck-up to try and turn it around so you can be proved right all along while at the same time dragging your club -you allege to love - down a division - you limp dicked ego maniac. Whelan realised he was shit and bang he's gone, mutual consent my arse. God I wish you and Whelan would swap places and I think he's a knobhead but in the universe of knobheadery you truly are the king, queen and emporer rolled into one.

60Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:There you you go Garstside you fat useless lump of shit - thats how you sack someone when you realise you've made a monumental fuck-up! - don't piss about waiting for your fuck-up to try and turn it around so you can be proved right all along while at the same time dragging your club -you allege to love - down a division - you limp dicked ego maniac. Whelan realised he was shit and bang he's gone, mutual consent my arse. God I wish you and Whelan would swap places and I think he's a knobhead but in the universe of knobheadery you truly are the king, queen and emporer rolled into one.
:clap:  :agree: 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum