Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle sacked - NIXON

+20
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Spillthebeans
rogercpc
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
kennster
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
aaron_bwfc
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
doffcocker
karlypants
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 17:54

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I really don't know where this will leave Coyle's managerial career now. I can't see another Championship club taking a gamble on him and he could well end up in League 1 at best. Coyle might even end up in the shitty Scottish League, who knows?
A team like Barnsley perhaps?
I was thinking more like Buckie Thistle?

62Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 18:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's been reported on the news that Ian Holloway is the favourite for the Wigan job.

63Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 18:24

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:It's been reported on the news that Ian Holloway is the favourite for the Wigan job.
Mike Phelan is 8/11 with Paddy power.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/wigan/next-permanent-manager

64Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 18:39

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agent mcginlay should be Wigan free then shortly...shouldn't he?

65Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 18:56

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Rovers next, they'll love him.

66Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

he should take a rest, and figure out why he's such a tosser at this management game

67Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 21:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:There you you go Garstside you fat useless lump of shit - thats how you sack someone when you realise you've made a monumental fuck-up! - don't piss about waiting for your fuck-up to try and turn it around so you can be proved right all along while at the same time dragging your club -you allege to love - down a division - you limp dicked ego maniac. Whelan realised he was shit and bang he's gone, mutual consent my arse. God I wish you and Whelan would swap places and I think he's a knobhead but in the universe of knobheadery you truly are the king, queen and emporer rolled into one.
:like: 

68Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 21:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whelan: "I didn't sack Owen. I told him I was disappointed and Owen asked if I wanted him to resign and I said yes."

69Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 21:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Whelan: "I didn't sack Owen. I told him I was disappointed and Owen asked if I wanted him to resign and I said yes."
Laughing 

70Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 21:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We were an excellent side under Coyle for a period. He actually produced our best season post-Allardyce. Admittedly not much of a statement but there weren't many complaints at the time about what he was doing and the quality of football.
In hindsight, it was all heavily dependent on Stuart Holden and CYL, who he failed to replace, a feat much tougher than some would have you believe. 
But it would have been a big decision to sack him on the basis of a crap first few months of 2011/2012. Sometimes clubs make them decisions and it pays off. Sometimes it doesn't.

71Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 21:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A couple of tweets made on the Wigan twitter account...

"panic over then??"

"depends who comes in haha but i think susan boyle could do a better job"

" THERE IS A GOD!!!"

Very Happy 

72Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 21:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I really don't know where this will leave Coyle's managerial career now. I can't see another Championship club taking a gamble on him and he could well end up in League 1 at best. Coyle might even end up in the shitty Scottish League, who knows?
A team like Barnsley perhaps?
I was thinking more like Buckie Thistle?
I couldn't see him going to Scotland to be honest. I feel the Wigan job was just a convenience thing with the club being round the corner.

73Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Mon Dec 02 2013, 22:40

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

DW must be the biggest twat on the planet to have taken on coyle which dick said he was a good buisinessman?

74Coyle sacked - NIXON - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle sacked - NIXON Tue Dec 03 2013, 08:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has revealed Owen Coyle offered to resign after their 3-1 defeat at home to Derby on Sunday.
The loss was the Latics' third in a row at home, coming on the back of reverses against Brighton in the Championship and Belgian side Zulte Waregem in the Europa League.
Initial reports suggested former Bolton boss Coyle had been sacked, but speaking to Jim White on Sky Sports News, Whelan was keen to point out that Coyle had offered to step down and that his resignation had been accepted.
"Things happen fairly quickly in football and we have lost three home games in a row," he said.
"I didn't sack Owen. I had a meeting with him after the game and I told I was disappointed in the performance of the team and in his team selection.
"Owen said did I want him to resign and I said 'yes, if you'll resign we will obviously have to pay compensation' but I accepted his word and he has resigned.
"I was disappointed with our performance yesterday and with our two previous home performances. The crowd were getting on at him yesterday and they did at the last two home games."
First-team coach Graham Barrow and assistant manager Sandy Stewart will take charge of first team matters for Wednesday's trip to Leeds United.
But Whelan admitted he does not relish the task of having to choose a permanent manager to reignite their promotion push.
"It's not something I like to do when I lose a manager as you have to appoint a new manager and that is never an easy task," he added.
"I want some good managers to apply for the job and I would like to appoint one as quickly as possible.
"I don't think we (Whelan and Coyle) parted as enemies. We shook hands at the end and hopefully we will still have respect for each other.
"We appointed Owen and unfortunately, it has not come off. So the sooner I can get some interviews going, the better.
"I have got a completely open mind and I think that is the right way so I can try and figure out who is going to be the right man.
"Hopefully I can come to the right decision, get the right man, please our fans, get the football team up and running and start to fight again to get back in the Premier League.
"I want to get the job done as quickly and as smoothly as possible."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11682/9054559/championship-wigan-chairman-dave-whelan-explains-owen-coyle-departure

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum