Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mason WILL start on Saturday - FREEDMAN

+4
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

JOE Mason will be sent in for his full Wanderers debut against Doncaster Rovers tomorrow with orders to revive a flagging attack.

The on-loan Cardiff City front man has featured twice as a late substitute in back-to-back defeats but is now being primed for action from the start in a game Dougie Freedman’s side can ill-afford to lose.

Whilst last weekend’s reverse against Middlesbrough at the Riverside was seen as a stumble, emerging empty-handed against Huddersfield at home in midweek has been viewed dimly by Reebok regulars.

Freedman hopes the introduction of the 22-year-old can ignite an attack that also has failed to score in its last two outings – and lift a mood that has deteriorated quickly inside seven days.

“I can’t get too emotional about the situation but I honestly think we should have been leading against Huddersfield,” he told The Bolton News. “The longer you don’t take chances, the more of a risk you run.

“We didn’t sustain the pressure but I have players in my squad that can change that.

“I worked very hard to get Joe Mason here on loan and I think it’s only right that he gets some game time.

He will start the game on Saturday and hopefully give us that bit of intensity needed at the top because if you don’t take your chances, your opponents are going to get one of their own somewhere down the line.

Hopefully, with young Joe coming into the team it can give us a bit of intensity to back those chances up.”

Freedman confirmed Alex Baptiste did not miss the Huddersfield defeat because of injury and is free to face Rovers, while Chris Eagles has also recovered from a minor groin problem and could make the bench.

The Whites boss has made no secret of the fact he will pitch Mason in from the start against Doncaster, however, and feels the Ireland Under-21 star will be itching to prove a point to his parent club.

“One of the key factors in signing Joe is that he’s hungry,” he said. “He probably wants to prove to himself he can score goals regularly at this level but also somewhere in his mind thinking that if I do well at Bolton then I might just save Cardiff from buying anyone in January.

“For us, and I said this with Neil Danns, we can benefit from that hunger. It might not be where we want to be longer term but in the short term, loans can help us.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Dec 06 2013, 10:52; edited 1 time in total

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm hoping he doesn't drop Beckford if this is the case. Doing that would ruin his already fragile confidence (cue Nat saying he's a ponce). Surely he can find a way to play both?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i'm hoping he doesn't drop Beckford if this is the case. Doing that would ruin his already fragile confidence (cue Nat saying he's a ponce). Surely he can find a way to play both?
You ponce, you can't keep underperforming players in the team just because dropping them might damage their confidence.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:i'm hoping he doesn't drop Beckford if this is the case. Doing that would ruin his already fragile confidence (cue Nat saying he's a ponce). Surely he can find a way to play both?
You ponce, you can't keep underperforming players in the team just because dropping them might damage their confidence.
as if by magic Very Happy 

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well Freedman said this which is taken from the Muamba article -

Sluffy wrote:Should we be playing two strikers? No, we shouldn’t be playing two strikers
So unless we are playing three up front means either Beckford is on the bench or Freedman is telling a porky or two!

guest66

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Mason will be playing behind Beckford, Moritz will probably make way.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reaction to crowd/spectator incident Tuesday perhaps?

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

guest66 wrote:Mason will be playing behind Beckford, Moritz will probably make way.
I think your right, that's what I'd imagine Dougie will do.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Culcheth_White wrote:
guest66 wrote:Mason will be playing behind Beckford, Moritz will probably make way.
Make a big difference that can't wait for the transformation a Cardiff reserve will make!! :bomb:

A Millwall reserve greatly improved us, I don't see any reason Mason won't.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:A Millwall reserve greatly improved us, I don't see any reason Mason won't.
Just keep watching and you soon will.:nopoints:

Have you seen a lot of him then?

Whitesince63 wrote:

Make a big difference that can't wait for the transformation a Cardiff reserve will make!! :bomb:
This looks a bit silly now..

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whitesince63 wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:
Embarassed Embarassed

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Got to hold my hands up, even though Rovers were dire this performance was different again, why oh why couldn't he have played the team like this before. As I've always said, we have the players, just not in the positions and formations Freedman played them in. Let's hope Dougie learned something today too because this is what will get the people behind him. For once well done Dougie but please keep it going.
Culcheth_White wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:
Embarassed Embarassed

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree 63. Some folk are suggesting that Donny were woeful but if we play like we did today with our formation against ANY Championship team we will win far more than we will lose, both home and away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum