Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Forest

+21
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
Weststandupper
gloswhite
Bolton Nuts
Culcheth_White
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Mr Magoo
Soul Kitchen
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 14:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC team to face Nottingham Forest: Lonergan, Baptiste, Mills, Knight, Ream, Spearing, Danns, M Davies, Lee, Ngog, Beckford

subs: Lee-Barrett, Moritz, Medo, Pratley, White, Eagles, Bolger

42Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 14:15

Disappointed about Medo, also worried we're going to get over run in midfield with 2 up top. Fair play to Dougie though, it's a brave decision and one which most fans doubted he'd make proving again that he is tactically flexible.

43Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 14:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

two up top, he's learning, no medo though, we could see him later on.

44Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 17:24

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Did eagles not get on today? Should he have?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

45Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 17:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No and yes.

CYL needs a change of scenery

46Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 17:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CYL needs to be removed ASAP, not good enough, with a very negative attitude.

47Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 18:06

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thought Chungy had a poor first half but was much better second half.

Thought it was a good game, expecially second half.

Remember at least two outstanding saves from Lonergan, we ain't going to get in the play offs, so I'd settle for the same effort and commitment, that was shown in the second half for the remainder of the season.

48Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 18:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone have any news on Beckford?

Saw he came off after 30mins in the first half so presuming he's injured?

49Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 19:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

50Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 19:51

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

51Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 20:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A lot of people will say we played well and it was down to playing two up front, but we spent the majority of the match with Ngog up there alone in fairness.

Against Blackpool we had two forwards and two players out wide. Today, we started with two forwards and Lee as a lone wide player. We tried this a number of times earlier in the season to no avail, so I wasn't overwhelmed by the team news, not forgetting the decision to drop Medo.

Obviously something was different today, as we'd normally have gone to pieces against Forest, and we were actually well in it at times. I think it was more of a winning mentality, particularly after equalising.

52Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 22:21

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I thought we were great today. Full marks to Duggie for going for it again and I hope he's learned something from the last two performances. We actually have a decent team and we look a much better side when going for it rather than concentrating on trying to suffocate everything the opposition does. We also look much less like conceding and the crowd get behind the team much more rather than getting on their backs. Great match to watch today and Duggie gets a cheer at the final whistle instead of booing. I even found that for once I could listen to his after match comments without wanting to strangle the bugger. Well done Duggie.

Last edited by Hip Priest on Sat Jan 11 2014, 23:53; edited 1 time in total

53Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 22:30

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hip Priest wrote:I thought we were great today. Full marks to Duggie for going for it again and I hope he's learned something from the last two performances. We actually have a decent team and we look a much better side when going for it rather concentrating on trying to suffocate everything the opposition does. We also look much less like conceding and the crowd get behind the team much more rather than getting on their backs. Great match to watch today and Duggie gets a cheer at the final whistle instead of booing. I even found that for once I could listen to his after match comments without wanting to strangle the bugger. Well done Duggie.
Good post. Let's just go for the jugular, we really shouldn't be afraid of any team in this League. We just need a couple of decent defenders and we won't be far off. We have some of the best offensive players in this League, in Mark Davies and Moritz etc.

Dougie can try his fancy tactics in the Premier if he get's us there.

54Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 22:32

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Good performance today,positive attitude from the off and the crowd ie us responded with passion for the first time for a long time. Mavies was magnificent,that was definately a pre injury performance ! Chungy was strangely ineffective until the last 15 mins or so ??? Spearing ?? not great again. Dare I say Knightmare had a great game !!! Manns put in a real shift.Baptiste,Mills and Ream did well. Pratley stayed on the bench which was the best fucking decision the Jock made !!!

55Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sat Jan 11 2014, 23:45

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I totally agree with you there Tiger. People are quick to criticize his every mistake but Zat Knight was EXCELLENT today. Long may it continue.

56Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sun Jan 12 2014, 08:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought it was a good performance yesterday, it wasn't really a 442 as he was playing Spearing as a holding player and the other 3 played narrow in front of him, which doesn't really suit Chungy.

We kept the ball better than we have done for a while, but my biggest concern is our lack of strikers, none on the bench and if Beckford is out for a while we need to get Eaves or Sordell back or get another loan striker in (not Mason though!).

I thought Ream and in particular Neil Danns were excellent yesterday, all in all a much better performance but as i said already a lack of strikers is a real concern

57Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sun Jan 12 2014, 09:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote: We just need a couple of decent defenders and we won't be far off. We have some of the best offensive players in this League, in Mark Davies and Moritz etc.

Dougie can try his fancy tactics in the Premier if he get's us there.

::mad:: 

I trust this is a WUM post.

Mark Davies did bugger all for the majority of the match, Moritz is another who blows hot and (very) cold, the strikers are pants and wing play virtually non-existent.

It was another disjointed and, frankly, boring performance that had me pining for the days of John Thomas, Trevor Morgan and Jeff Chandler.

58Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sun Jan 12 2014, 11:33

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cracking game for the most, Shame Beckford went off, I fail to see what Spearing is supposed to be doing though apart from pointing here and there and not picking up his own man plus some dreadful crossing of the Ball, Had Beckford stayed on his pace would have won the game for us. Still smiling though.

59Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sun Jan 12 2014, 11:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Average first half from both teams but Forest edged it I think, typical start to a second half were we seemed to just switch off for the first 10 minutes at the back.

Once we got level their was only one team looking to win IMO, the time wasting tactics from Davies and his men were fucking ridiculos and they were lucky not to have at least one man sent off.

I'm amazed Chungy didn't get brought off as it was clear to see he wasn't up for it yesterday, Eagles would have been a better bet IMO.

60Bolton 1-1 Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Forest Sun Jan 12 2014, 12:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Average first half from both teams but Forest edged it I think, typical start to a second half were we seemed to just switch off for the first 10 minutes at the back.

Once we got level their was only one team looking to win IMO, the time wasting tactics from Davies and his men were fucking ridiculos and they were lucky not to have at least one man sent off.

I'm amazed Chungy didn't get brought off as it was clear to see he wasn't up for it yesterday, Eagles would have been a better bet IMO.
 Forest spent most of the last half hour wasting time and committing foul after foul especially that big lump Halford.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum