Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can a woman rape a man?

+4
Sluffy
xmiles
largehat
Keegan
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can a woman rape a man? Empty Can a woman rape a man? Thu Mar 22 2012, 18:09

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

A woman was today ordered to stand trial in Australia, accused of breaking into a man’s home and raping him.She pleaded not guilty to one count of aggravated serious criminal trespass at the man’s home, and one count of rape.

Full story here.

Is someone being silly here?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Thu Mar 22 2012, 18:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A woman can rape a man.

My brother has a funny story from his university days which involves him being blind drunk and climbing out of a first floor window to avoid the amorous attentions of a minger. Thinking he was in a ground floor room.

He landed in some bushes and made his escape and managed to get back to his room, before collapsing on his bed.

He woke up sometime later with the said minger naked, sat on his face, and also menstruating.

Now it's a funny story, but that was rape. Imagine if a male student had done that to a female student?

3Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Thu Mar 22 2012, 18:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Since the rape consisted of "performing an act of oral sex without his consent" the answer is yes.

The more important issue is why do we have a specific crime of rape? There should be a general crime of assault which would include sexual as well as purely physical acts of violence. The reason we have the crime of rape is historical. Women used to be treated as a man's property (father or husband usually) and rape damaged her value. Time we moved on as countries that have adopted this approach are apparently more successful in prosecuting cases of sexual assault.

4Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Thu Mar 22 2012, 18:33

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I recall hearing a definition of rape as pertaining to the act of penetration. Was that done away with? Having not been penetrated, I would not have thought that qualified as rape, but as the lesser charge of sexual assault.

@largehat - I find your brothers' story to be more distressing than funny... with a liberal dose of "eeew!".

5Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Thu Mar 22 2012, 21:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Joyce McKinney did back in the seventies - they are making a film about it now apparently.

Story here for anyone who is interested -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2025500/Joyce-McKinney-Madam-Mayhem-loves-Mormon-missionary-kidnapped.html

6Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Thu Mar 22 2012, 21:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember the McKinney case. She used 'fur lined' handcuffs by all accounts. What's really bizarre about the McKinney case and this later one is that it is probably most mens fantasy. I suspect the reality was far different.

7Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Thu Mar 22 2012, 22:40

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No.

8Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Fri Mar 23 2012, 15:38

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I suppose the question is - can you be aroused against your will?

9Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Fri Mar 23 2012, 15:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

jayjay23 wrote:I suppose the question is - can you be aroused against your will?

No that's not the question. The woman was charged with "performing an act of oral sex without his consent". To make it even clearer, would you consider it rape if a woman shoved a dildo up your arse without your consent?

10Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Fri Mar 23 2012, 15:44

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ouch.
I suppose you are right, but I often hear people (perhaps wrongly) say "how can a woman rape a man - she can't force him to get erect."

So although, that is not the original question, just out of curiosity - can you be aroused against your will?

11Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Fri Mar 23 2012, 15:49

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Yes, you can. Buy a lap dance and think about how crap our season has been and before you can say "Coyle out!" - Tadaa...

12Can a woman rape a man? Empty Re: Can a woman rape a man? Sat Mar 24 2012, 18:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good analogy, but if I couldn't concentrate on what she was doing... damn ! .. I'll stop, it just wouldn't happen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum