Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any animosity towards Blackburn?

+10
Dunkels King
Harold77
Banks of the Croal
largehat
gloswhite
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
jayjay23
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Fri Mar 23 2012, 21:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Going slightly off topic, for the ones that couldn't guess, we voted Man Utd our biggest rivals, which I find a bit crap since to them Bolton Wanderers is an utter irrelevance.

If we feel the need to hate a team, I'd much rather it be Wigan, Bury or Tranmere, who see us as their number one rivals.

22Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Fri Mar 23 2012, 21:54

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Of those three I'd take Wigan out and consider the other two as being utterly irrelevant.

Last edited by Keegan on Sat Mar 24 2012, 10:35; edited 2 times in total

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

23Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Fri Mar 23 2012, 22:33

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've no animosity towards Blackburn, remember playing them quite a few times in the 60's early 70's.

One time we played them early 70's at Ewood, we won 3-0, good following, heard on the way back that a Bolton fan got stabbed.

Don't really hate any team, but used to hate Everton.

24Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sat Mar 24 2012, 09:04

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Blackburn is just another match, it means no more than playing Fulham or Aston Villa to me.

I also used to hate Everton for many years after the 77 League Cup semi final.

25Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sat Mar 24 2012, 10:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this thread highlights just how passionless the fans have become.

If this question had been asked 15 years ago there would be page after page of "I hate Blackburn/United/Wolves/Bury/Liverpool etc etc".

26Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sat Mar 24 2012, 11:23

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Years ago I used to hate Tranmere, Blackpool, Bury, Wigan, Blackburn, Burnley, Man U, Liverpool, Oldham, Burnley and Stoke. Now I just dislike most of them, but still hate Tranmere mainly because of that tosser Aldridge. I can't get over that idiot. I never really hated Wolves as we tended to get some good results against them. For some reason I never 'hated' Rochdale or Preston despite them being close by. Also I never hated Man City. I started to dislike Everton only after we beat them at Goodison in the FA Cup and some of their 'supporters' started flashing stanley knives around. Today I will only hate Blackburn if we don't beat them.

27Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sat Mar 24 2012, 11:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look forward to BHs comments after the match whatever the outcome.

28Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sat Mar 24 2012, 13:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't see the point of 'hating' anyone, although having said that, thats the nearest adjective to cover how I feel about Liverpool and its fans. (Probably down to a supporter keying my one-ear-old car across the bonnet, and the whole of one side). I'm more of an individual 'hater' than a team.

29Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sat Mar 24 2012, 17:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackburn used to be pretty much at the top of Bolton hated teams in the 60s and 70s and there was a fair bit of aggro. When we got John Byrom it was particularly nasty as I recall.
However since Walker bought the title and Rovers fan base increased accordingly they tend not to think of us as competition although they're taking us a bit more seriously now that their moneymen can't compete at the top level anymore.

30Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sat Mar 24 2012, 18:33

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dunkels King wrote:Years ago I used to hate Tranmere, Blackpool, Bury, Wigan, Blackburn, Burnley, Man U, Liverpool, Oldham, Burnley and Stoke.

So you hated us twice as much. Cool

31Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sun Mar 25 2012, 10:01

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Copper Dragon wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:Years ago I used to hate Tranmere, Blackpool, Bury, Wigan, Blackburn, Burnley, Man U, Liverpool, Oldham, Burnley and Stoke.

So you hated us twice as much. Cool

Maybe, but not as much as Tranmere !

32Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sun Mar 25 2012, 22:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just don't see the rivalry between Blackburn and Bolton. As far as I'm concerned it's ALWAYS been between Burnley and Blackburn.

Our closest rivals geographically are Wigan but I'm just not feeling the hate. If I had to pick one club I don't like above all others then it has to be those red bastards just under 14 miles away. They will always be in Manchester and not Lancashire.

33Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sun Mar 25 2012, 22:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Anybody that reads Wanderers Mad will know that the rivalry between Bolton and Burnley has intensified massively in the last few years for obvious reasons.
Clarets Mad is jam packed with some of the dreads of society (our resident Burnley fan will even vouch for that) and it's non-stop gloating from them at times when the wheels aren't completely on the track.
It's just a case of this particular set of idiots not doing the club they support justice, but it's very easy to start wishing bad luck on them, regardless.

So the club I most look out for in a negative sense is Burnley, unfair as I know my reasons probably are.

34Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sun Mar 25 2012, 22:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We pinched Burnley's manager while they were still in the top division so I can understand their frustration. If things had been different, Wilshere and Holden would have been Burnley players. If I was a Burnley fan I would have been absolutely gutted at what occurred. It's understandable. Imagine how Everton fans must have felt when Rooney trotted off to United ?

35Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Sun Mar 25 2012, 23:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Blackburn are an irritant

Manchester United are scum of the earth

Closely followed by Tranmere Rovers and Bury

36Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Mon Mar 26 2012, 02:00

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"Clarets Mad is jam packed with some of the dreads of society (our resident Burnley fan will even vouch for that)"

Dreads maybe, but definitely not dregs.

Clarets Mad is full of (and you know that I don't like swearing) clever twats.

I can read that board sometimes and not recognise a great proportion of them as being Burnley fans, although there are many good folk on there.

I don't like that board because of the dictatorial way that it's moderated and the clever twats (who aren't clever).

Here's a recent example...... Eddie Howe has come in for some criticism recently and threads have been started that have been left to their own device. The dictator Claret Tony has left them threads on because he's one of those who doesn't like Eddie Howe's tactics or style.

When Brian Laws was in charge most threads that criticised him were deleted because Claret Tony liked Brian Laws (I presume because he played for us).

I defended Bolton fans on Bolton Mad at the time of Susan's lad's decietful running away because many of the the horde of Clarets were wrong in attacking Bolton as a club and Bolton fans in general.

I've more posts on this site in 3 months than I've made on Cartel Mad in 5 years.

You only have to look at what's going on at the 'youth cup' between Burnley and Blackburn to see the rivalry there.

37Any animosity towards Blackburn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any animosity towards Blackburn? Mon Mar 26 2012, 12:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not keen on BH, dislike the fact that the local government boundary changes (and resultant bus services etc) helped Rovers to nick a couple of generations of Bolton fans that live in the north of Bolton and that some Rovers fans have the temerity to complain about big spending clubs after Walker bought them the title. That apart, I have no axe to grind with the majority of Rovers fans and their club in general. The old rivalry was one of the earliest in the world predating the formation of the League and going back to earlier forms of football but that seems to have disappeared in the mists of time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum