Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig Davies' debut for PNE

+3
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Craig Davies' debut for PNE Empty Craig Davies' debut for PNE Mon Feb 03 2014, 13:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like he played well...

2Craig Davies' debut for PNE Empty Re: Craig Davies' debut for PNE Mon Feb 03 2014, 13:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Typical. Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a shovel for us and as soon as we loan him out he scores.
Might earn a recall if he gets plenty of playing time and keeps up the good work.
Can't see Eaves or Sordell being rushed back though. Eaves' strike for the Shrews was his first in 2 months and god knows when Sordell last scored.

3Craig Davies' debut for PNE Empty Re: Craig Davies' debut for PNE Mon Feb 03 2014, 13:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Typical. Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a shovel for us and as soon as we loan him out he scores.

You seem to have it in for Craig Davies - how many times have you seen him play? And of the 11 games without scoring you keep quoting, how many of those games did he actually start? One!

From the limited appearances of Davies I've been impressed. He's strong, aggressive and can shoot - but is not a lone striker by any stretch of the imagination.

A colleague of mine went to watch PNE on Saturday and said Davies was outstanding, totally out muscling the opposition defence - only the keeper stopped him scoring a hat-trick.

4Craig Davies' debut for PNE Empty Re: Craig Davies' debut for PNE Mon Feb 03 2014, 13:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Typical. Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a shovel for us and as soon as we loan him out he scores.

You seem to have it in for Craig Davies - how many times have you seen him play? And of the 11 games without scoring you keep quoting, how many of those games did he actually start? One!

From the limited appearances of Davies I've been impressed. He's strong, aggressive and can shoot - but is not a lone striker by any stretch of the imagination.

A colleague of mine went to watch PNE on Saturday and said Davies was outstanding, totally out muscling the opposition defence - only the keeper stopped him scoring a hat-trick.
No - I like his style and is one of the few players on our books that knows where the goal is. 

Also think it's quite possible that the reason he hasn't scored much for us is that our midfield isn't coherent plus the downside with Cavies is that he's not that mobile so doesn't get much space at Championship level whereas he got acres for Preston on Saturday.

If Beckford could shoot as well as Cavies, or Cavies was as mobile as Beckford we'd be on to something.

FWIW I think that Juke has the pace of Cavies and the shooting ability of Beckford but I'm hoping he'll prove me wrong.

5Craig Davies' debut for PNE Empty Re: Craig Davies' debut for PNE Mon Feb 03 2014, 14:04

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I think that Cravies is one of the biggest blunders that Dougie has made.  He is strong and has a good shot (almost scored for us in his only start).  Give him a shot with us please!

6Craig Davies' debut for PNE Empty Re: Craig Davies' debut for PNE Mon Feb 03 2014, 14:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think Davies is the guy to fire in 20 goals or anything but any time i see him in the team, i always think he makes us better, and often just because he works hard and no more.

might not be a glamour player but I like him. But like wanderlust says with this midfield I do think even a "top" championship striker would still be feasting on scraps.

7Craig Davies' debut for PNE Empty Re: Craig Davies' debut for PNE Mon Feb 03 2014, 14:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One thing about Cavies is that when he does get on the ball anywhere near the goal we know he's going to have a dip which makes it more exciting even though it's usually from long distance. In the same way we know that Mavies is going to run into a crowd when he gets it. 

Faruk knows what the others think they're doing.

8Craig Davies' debut for PNE Empty Re: Craig Davies' debut for PNE Mon Feb 03 2014, 14:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Faruk knows what the others think they're doing.
Ba-Dum Tish!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Craig Davies' debut for PNE Empty Re: Craig Davies' debut for PNE Mon Feb 03 2014, 15:16

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He scored in his first game for us Then!!! not a lot Interesting to see what happens, i am not a fan of his BUT was really shocked to see Dougie loan him out considering our predicament.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum