Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan Athletic tipped to sign Craig Dawson

+4
gloswhite
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WIGAN Athletic remain on course to renew their interest in Craig Dawson next week despite clinching the signing of Sweden international Markus Holgersson.

Uwe Rosler brought the New York Red Bulls defender to the DW Stadium on a free transfer yesterday but is still understood to be in the market to recruit another defender.

The Latics boss is preparing to send back Everton youngster Tyias Browning, which would free up space in his squad for another loanee when the emergency window reopens in just over a week’s time.

And that news will come as a blow to many Wanderers fans who were desperate to see Dougie Freedman get the funds to make his own effort to tempt the 23-year-old, pictured, for a second spell at the club. Wigan failed with a deadline day bid for Dawson because they failed to clear the relevant paperwork in time for the 11pm deadline – and the situation was further complicated by the fact Rosler can only play five loan players in his matchday squad, as per Football League rules introduced this season.

He already counts Martyn Waghorn, Nick Powell, Nicky Maynard and Josh McEachran as first-team regulars and would need to end Browning’s loan to bring in another centre-half.

Hopes that Wanderers would join the race to bring the former England Under-21 defender back to the Reebok are fading fast, however, with no indication at present that Freedman will get the funds to recruit without first allowing players to leave.

Dawson is known to be keen on a move back to Bolton but after failing to get regular football at West Brom, he is now simply looking to revive his career with a spell in the Championship.

Freedman’s need also appears to be more acute in the full-back positions at present.

And David Wheater’s return to full fitness also gives him another option at centre-half for this weekend’s home game against Bournemouth.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/10989468.Wigan_Athletic_tipped_to_sign_West_Bromwich_Albion_ace_Craig_Dawson_to_disappointment_of_Bolton_Wanderers_fans/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Promotion challenge or relegation scrap? no contest really.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fucking pie eating cunts, I hope he gets his legs snapped.

"I want to come to bolton" bullshitting wanker...

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bit harsh there RR. Cant blame the guy for wanting to play, and if we haven't done anything about it, he has no option'.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The lad has to think about his career, he might have a soft spot for Bolton but if we're not in for him why would he let himself rot on the bench in West Brom?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This isn't what I wanted to hear today! Sad

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know its not the players fault but I genuinely feel that some twat at the club (gartside) should be held accountable for us being so fucked up financially that we cant even afford to loan a player we REALLY need...

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I know its not the players fault but I genuinely feel that some twat at the club (gartside) should be held accountable for us being so fucked up financially that we cant even afford to loan a player we REALLY need...

I can't agree more with this, I'm surprised they let it get this bad!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:I know its not the players fault but I genuinely feel that some twat at the club (gartside) should be held accountable for us being so fucked up financially that we cant even afford to loan a player we REALLY need...

I can't agree more with this, I'm surprised they let it get this bad!

I don't want to be seen as supporting Gartside- but it might not be him. Any business that is seriously indebted (as we are) often has covenants or restrictions placed on it by the bank.
It doesn't matter whether Eddy Davis's debt is soft or hard, real or just imaginary, we owe a fair amount to the banks and it might be them who are placing restrictions on what we can do. It could well be that parts of the terms of loans to a business like ours that is in serious financial difficulties, is an embargo on buying players ,or buying players over a certain amount

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If it is true that only the top two in the Championship get prize money, then the board has no incentive to spend any money.  Basically if you finish 20th and survive, you get the same as finishing 7th... so why throw money if you are not getting into the playoff places, and I do believe we are too far behind at this point for that (unless we win 7 or 8 in a row). So if true, it's a pure business decision (not one that I advocate or like since I was hoping Dawson would be the fix we needed defensively and offensively!).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum