Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will he get the sack if we lose to Burnley.

+12
wanderlust
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Angry Dad
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Will he get the sack if we lose to Burnley.

Will he get the sack if we lose to Burnley. - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Will he get the sack if we lose to Burnley. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 28% [ 7 ]
Will he get the sack if we lose to Burnley. - Page 3 Vote_lcap72%Will he get the sack if we lose to Burnley. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 72% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't understand why Bolton Hater (Boggers) gets abuse for being a pretend Blackburn fan when Copper Dragon is clearly a pretend Burnley fan.

About time he was moved on.

Shut up mo.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:What's the odds on the Burnley fans chanting '' You're getting sacked in the morning''.

They were too busy backing their team to give a damn.

How the fuck would you know?

You were on chatbox complaining about a stream, and I think that was over flowing.

youshitfansixfingeredwanker.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Let me explain it to the two silly little boys.

I have a part metal part plastic box which produces sound, it's known as a radio. I was listening to it last night and I could hear every meaningful song sung by the Burnley fans. I could give you the full repertoire but silly little boys do not deserve to know.

To top it all off I was in contact with two people who were at the game.

So I'll say it again for the hard of hearing and the two silly little boys....... We were too busy backing our team to give a damn.

Why didn't you go to the game?

Is the cart-horse in for an MOT?

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't do tuesday night away games and the stat on the central heating was set at a nice 24 degrees celsius.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Let me explain it to the two silly little boys.

I have a part metal part plastic box which produces sound, it's known as a radio. I was listening to it last night and I could hear every meaningful song sung by the Burnley fans. I could give you the full repertoire but silly little boys do not deserve to know.

So I'll say it again for the hard of hearing and the two silly little boys....... We were too busy backing our team to give a damn.

You mad?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Let me explain it to the two silly little boys.

What?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He should get the sack, in fact it should have happened some weeks ago and in my opinion this is why. 

Dougie is a younger version of Gary Megson. I can't help thinking he must have been to the same coaching school because his "tactics" come straight from the Megson manual and with the same results only one division lower. 

To be without a single recognised Left Back all season is beyond laughable, it's pathetic. To play 'park the bus' football against all comers when you KNOW you have a paper thin defence and not one but TWO error prone goalkeepers is appallingly stupid. To play so many of the players you do have out of position and in a way that negates the strengths they do have is negligence that borders on the criminal. To allow your squad to become so depleted you have only ONE fit forward who isn't even OUR player while no less than THREE of your own are loaned out is incompetence bordering on the insane. Add to that mix baffling substitutions, team selection that seems to reward failure and press conferences that veer from "yes we can" to "we are screwed" sometimes in the same sentence and what we have is a man bereft of ideas, out of his depth and out of time. Dougie is a failure, his players are no longer behind him if they ever were and have become so used to losing they no longer have the will to win and what few fans were behind him and his long term "plan" are out of patience.

BUT I have no doubt in my mind that he will be our manager next season even if we get relegated. 

The reason for that is two-fold. Firstly, I believe Phil has not even approached the truth about the true off field problems we face, I think the owner has told him to keep it hidden as a means of making a potential buyer believe our finances are stronger than they are. 

Second, I believe Phil is aware that he has now appointed four consecutive failures and that if he replaces Dougie with a fifth not even Eddie will be willing to leave him in place as chairman. I think Phil is prepared to see us go down again in the hope that we can somehow turn it around and climb back up from League One to the Premier League under Dougie, then Phil can say it was all part of that long term "plan" we hear bandied about the Reebok (although it's never been clear what that plan actually is.)

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I can't believe he is still here! They are not going to sack him are they? I feel proper sick!

Its going to be like Blackburn's war against the Venkey's and that tosser they had as manager (so important I've forgotten his name!)

Surely, he would want to walk now! How many more defeats will it take?

Are you mad? Why on earth would he want to walk?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Are you mad? Why on earth would he want to walk?
Exactly. He's taken on a massive rebuilding process - probably a 3 year project minimum.
He's bought his players for the future or at least the ones he's been allowed to buy with the funds available and will surely want to see them through their development. He's vowed to rid the club of the underperforming high earners and he'll want to see that through too starting with a fire sale in the summer. He'll then want to buy the rest of his squad with the money freed up.
Unfortunately for him - and possibly us- I doubt he'll be around long enough to see any of it come to fruition as he's really struggling to do anything with this lot whilst they're still here and this is a short-term results business. But he won't walk.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A defeat at Millwall will seal his fate IMO, we will be too close to the R zone for the board not to act.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He won't walk, not just because it's money down the drain, but because he needs to turn it around for the good of his CV, not that I think he will.

I was gutted to wake up to no news today by the way.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Exactly. He's taken on a massive rebuilding process - probably a 3 year project minimum.
He's bought his players for the future or at least the ones he's been allowed to buy with the funds available and will surely want to see them through their development. He's vowed to rid the club of the underperforming high earners and he'll want to see that through too starting with a fire sale in the summer. He'll then want to buy the rest of his squad with the money freed up.
Unfortunately for him - and possibly us- I doubt he'll be around long enough to see any of it come to fruition as he's really struggling to do anything with this lot whilst they're still here and this is a short-term results business. But he won't walk.

I think 1874 meant why would he walk when it would mean losing a fat pay-off.

Mainly the money yes, but he's an ambitious young manager and anybody who thinks he's not desperate to turn it around is an idiot. Failure to turn us around is going to fuck his career up as well as our club.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

luckyPeterpiper wrote:He should get the sack, in fact it should have happened some weeks ago and in my opinion this is why. 

Dougie is a younger version of Gary Megson. I can't help thinking he must have been to the same coaching school because his "tactics" come straight from the Megson manual and with the same results only one division lower. 

To be without a single recognised Left Back all season is beyond laughable, it's pathetic. To play 'park the bus' football against all comers when you KNOW you have a paper thin defence and not one but TWO error prone goalkeepers is appallingly stupid. To play so many of the players you do have out of position and in a way that negates the strengths they do have is negligence that borders on the criminal. To allow your squad to become so depleted you have only ONE fit forward who isn't even OUR player while no less than THREE of your own are loaned out is incompetence bordering on the insane. Add to that mix baffling substitutions, team selection that seems to reward failure and press conferences that veer from "yes we can" to "we are screwed" sometimes in the same sentence and what we have is a man bereft of ideas, out of his depth and out of time. Dougie is a failure, his players are no longer behind him if they ever were and have become so used to losing they no longer have the will to win and what few fans were behind him and his long term "plan" are out of patience.

BUT I have no doubt in my mind that he will be our manager next season even if we get relegated. 

The reason for that is two-fold. Firstly, I believe Phil has not even approached the truth about the true off field problems we face, I think the owner has told him to keep it hidden as a means of making a potential buyer believe our finances are stronger than they are. 

Second, I believe Phil is aware that he has now appointed four consecutive failures and that if he replaces Dougie with a fifth not even Eddie will be willing to leave him in place as chairman. I think Phil is prepared to see us go down again in the hope that we can somehow turn it around and climb back up from League One to the Premier League under Dougie, then Phil can say it was all part of that long term "plan" we hear bandied about the Reebok (although it's never been clear what that plan actually is.).

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Spot on lad,summed the current position in a nutshell !!!!!!!!!!!! While he remains in charge we are doomed and all of this grand plan,rebuilding bollocks is exactly just that BOLLOCKS ! He isnt capable of a plan during a game never mind over coming months ffs

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Failure to turn us around is going to fuck his career up as well as our club.

Unlikely. Once you're on the manager-merry-go-round it's very difficult to get off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum