Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moritz out & Dougie still has no regrets

+3
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

...about letting Davies and our other strikers go out on loan.... scratch 

Andre Moritz became the latest Wanderers attacker to be put out of commission when he limped off against Burnley with a hamstring injury which is likely to keep him out for several weeks.

Jermaine Beckford is still highly doubtful for this weekend’s trip to Millwall, while there appears no softening on the manager’s stance that young starlets such as Conor Wilkinson or Zach Clough are ready to make the step up to senior grade.

“We have got people in the team that are capable of scoring goals – like Liam Trotter and Mark Davies. Yes it’s unfortunate Jermaine Beckford is injured but I don’t think you can just pinpoint that (Craig Davies’s loan) as being the thing to blame,” he said.

''The chances are coming and our approach play has been good but we just need to start getting back to clean sheets, we proved that last year, and then I know we can get the goals we need to win games of football.''

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/11006305.One_striker_standing_but_Bolton_Wanderers_boss_Dougie_Freedman_has_no_regrets_over_loaning_out_trio/

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, because Trotter and Mark Davies have been prolific.

Tosser.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies goals for whites 11

Davies, Eaves and Sordell goals for whites - 8

Mark Davies games for Bolton: 110

Ratio: 1 goal in 10.

Sordell, Craig Davies & Eaves combined (And mostly from the bench): 51

Ration: 1 goal in 6.25.

What's your point?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That none of these people are "prolific" in any sense of the word. 

I'd be just as confident that Mark Davies would score up top as i would Sordell or Davies personally.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the phrase clutching at straws springs to mind when it comes to all of Freedmans recent comments.

Liam Trotter is not the answer to our scoring problems i can tell you that!

The decision to bring in Trotter and let go Davies go will come back to haunt him, he is clueless.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I just wish he'd stop saying we create chances.

A shot from 20-40 yards is not a chance. Baptiste getting into the box and shooting fast, from a tight angle is not a chance. Lee, shooting from inside the box, surrounded by defenders is not a chance. Juke putting in a dangerous cross, met by nobody is not a chance.

He talks like we're just a decent finisher away from scoring enough goals. We're an unreal finisher away from scoring enough goals. I like that he hasn't slagged the fans off like Megson and to a much lesser extent Coyle, but he's just alienating them anyway with this delusional talk.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I'm also concerned that he is still thinking about getting clean sheets.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What can he do but stick to his guns now anyway? I know he sounds more like a plank than ever, I bet he knows it too but he's constitutionally incapable of admitting error to begin with. Besides, it's obvious Gartside isn't going to act, DF is safe in his job and I suspect knows it's irrelevant whether we want him or not. Unless Eddie steps in personally nothing will change and if that was going to happen he'd have done it by now.

Biggie wrote:I'm also concerned that he is still thinking about getting clean sheets.

It would concern me if he wasn't. First thing to do when you're on the slide is tighten up at the back, we're just not going to start out scoring teams over night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum