Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts

+15
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Triumph
MartinBWFC
carrs
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
JAH
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:34

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
JAH wrote:It highlights the young players don't think much of the manager

This is the point - you don't slate your boss and expect to get away with it

Ok, but 'curtains' - slating your boss? Really. I could understand if it was a both barrels tirade of abuse directed at DF, but it was nothing like it. They thought (hoped) as we did that he'd be getting the sack after that game.

42Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Should have kept it too themselves though - not post it up for the whole world to see on twitter.

Total lack of respect to the club that pays their wages.

43Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:39

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

They had the fans and clubs interest at heart in trying to highlight just how bad the management is

44Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

In their opinion though.

The opinion of the owner is that Freedman is doing the job he wants - otherwise he would have done something about it.

When the kids pay the piper then they can call the tune - but not until then.

They either get their heads down and get on with it, or they quit and move somewhere else.

That's what the rest of us have to do in real life.

45Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:56

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

JAH wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I'm glad the BEN has published an article about those players tweets. I was fooking annoyed about them and so were many other Bolton fans, from reading one or two other BWFC forums. I "tweeted" Mark Iles what these players said and I know he said the club were looking into it.

IMO the players have shown a total lack of professionalism and respect to BWFC.

Really by tweeting 'curtains' and some smilie faces and a picture of Hall with his head in his hands? If I've missed something please enlighten me.

I must be the only Wanderers fan that thinks this is blown out of all proportion. I don't see how it has brought the club into disrepute. It highlights the young players don't think much of the manager - much like most of us.

I await to be corrected if I have missed something here

^ this.

46Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:00

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Sluffy wrote:In their opinion though.

The opinion of the owner is that Freedman is doing the job he wants - otherwise he would have done something about it.

They either get their heads down and get on with it, or they quit and move somewhere else.

Well if this is the youth policy we hear so much about and you think it is what Ed wants then I guess it's time to prepare for relegation and trips down memory lane to see how all those other clubs we have met over the years ended up where they are today.

I'm looking forward to the real ale in Exeter already let's hope our days out and football is as much fun as we remember from our past visits.

47Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:06

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Which absolute effing sad case is reading Andy Lonergan's wifes twitting thingy?

48Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:
JAH wrote:It highlights the young players don't think much of the manager

This is the point - you don't slate your boss and expect to get away with it

Ok, but 'curtains' - slating your boss? Really. I could understand if it was a both barrels tirade of abuse directed at DF, but it was nothing like it. They thought (hoped) as we did that he'd be getting the sack after that game.

Why, so another manager could see they are simply not good enough? 

Time to grow up lads, put up or shut up as they say.

49Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:16

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:Which absolute effing sad case is reading Andy Lonergan's wifes twitting thingy?
Pissoff Copper! She's well fit!  Very Happy

50Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

carrs wrote:
Sluffy wrote:In their opinion though.

Well if this is the youth policy we hear so much about and you think it is what Ed wants then I guess it's time to prepare for relegation and trips down memory lane to see how all those other clubs we have met over the years ended up where they are today.

I'm looking forward to the real ale in Exeter already let's hope our days out and football is as much fun as we remember from our past visits.

Personally I think Davies sees a much bigger picture to all of this than just the football club.

Why else would he allow his asset (the club) to plunge £170 million in debt and seemingly do nothing about it - same Chairman in all that time for instance?

Don't know what it might be mind but nothing else makes any other sense to me.

The club is just a means to an end for Davies I think and if so it probably doesn't really makes that much financial difference to him which division it plays in.  If that hypothesis is correct then you can see why it isn't important (or even cost effective) to get rid of Freedman and his backroom staff.

Can anybody come up with a better explanation to fit the facts?

51Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:20

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:Which absolute effing sad case is reading Andy Lonergan's wifes twitting thingy?

A picture is needed then Culcheth.

I'm shallow enough to take everything that I said back, if she is indeed well fit.  Very Happy 

52Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

53Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:26

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

A picture is needed then Culcheth.

I'm shallow enough to take everything that I said back, if she is indeed well fit.  Very Happy 
I'll post one later, still at work.  Very Happy  I might even send her some pervy tweets tonight, after half a bottle of gin. I might even get in the BEN.

I can just see the headlines now "perverted Bolton fan stalks Jennifer Lonergan"

54Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:27

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not bad, needs a pie or two though.

55Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Not bad, needs a pie or two though.

I agree, it would be like shagging a bag of bones!

56Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd tweet her aswell given the chance...well something along those lines anyway.

57Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster follows all z-list WAGS.

58Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:46

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

My 10 cents: Tweeting the word "curtains." may be expressing displeasure at the season we are having and not on the future of the manager. Rob Hall's picture could be his way of showing how distressed at the current state of affairs and that he is as unhappy as the fans are. These youngsters are showing that they want the club to do well and are not just about collecting their paychecks - showing a passion for the club off the pitch that none of the players on the pitch have displayed since the season began. They are only lads and are not overly conversant with the political correctness of the workplace and I, for one, believe that they were not being spiteful or pointing fingers at anyone in particular. To punish them for sharing the unhappiness of the fans is to try to create a smokescreen to distract us from the real problems that beset our beloved club. I would give these lads a game and say "Show me the passion that you have for the club and win us some games!"

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

59Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 15:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm sure the club is fully aware of what is happening behind the scenes and to suggest that it acted on the tweets alone to discipline the four 'tweeters' seems to be a naive assessment of the situation to me.

60Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 15:25

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Keegan wrote:My 10 cents: Tweeting the word "curtains." may be expressing displeasure at the season we are having and not on the future of the manager. Rob Hall's picture could be his way of showing how distressed at the current state of affairs and that he is as unhappy as the fans are. These youngsters are showing that they want the club to do well and are not just about collecting their paychecks - showing a passion for the club off the pitch that none of the players on the pitch have displayed since the season began. They are only lads and are not overly conversant with the political correctness of the workplace and I, for one, believe that they were not being spiteful or pointing fingers at anyone in particular. To punish them for sharing the unhappiness of the fans is to try to create a smokescreen to distract us from the real problems that beset our beloved club. I would give these lads a game and say "Show me the passion that you have for the club and win us some games!"

Brilliant post and what I have been eluding to all day! I also think that shows the state our fan base when the majority want to jump on these young players (our clubs future)for showing a bit of passion about our football club because the fans are looking for 'blood' in some shape or form - maybe because the club isn't acting on firing the manager and the fans are frustrated and want sacrificial lambs.

DF could've handled this completely differently in his press conference and goes to show how 'really good' his youth development is. He could of come out with 'its only young players with a passion for the club' etc, 'they're learning their trade' etc but to come out with the detailed response that he did only blows it out of proportion and gives the story to the BN to print. Handled perfectly by someone that wants to deflect the attention away from himself. You watch; he'll play them at the next home game and when they get booed and don't perform and we lose, there is the ready made excuse again. Seen all this before.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum