Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Lawrenson predicting Wolves to win!

+10
jayjay23
Banks of the Croal
HarveyKorman
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not had one of these threads for a while -

This will be a difficult day for Bolton because it will almost be back to reality for them after such an emotional couple of weeks.

As a club, they have been in a strange situation with what has happened to Fabrice Muamba, who thankfully is now recovering from the cardiac arrest he suffered during their game with Tottenham, and have probably been in a bit of a bubble in many ways.

So it will be very interesting to see what happens to Bolton now.

Understandably everybody wanted them to beat Blackburn last weekend, which they did. The reaction from their fans and players was great and they were competitive when they went back to Tottenham to replay that FA Cup tie too, although Spurs ended up winning quite easily.

I just have a feeling Wolves are going to win this game, and I also think that Terry Connor's side are going to start to gamble more. They have to go for it because they are past the point of no return.

In terms of team selection, Wolves have got to be a little bit more attacking. This is not a game where they can sit back and try to nick a 1-0 win.

And if Wolves do win it would be a massive scalp for them, particularly as it reels Bolton back into the dogfight at the bottom.

Prediction: 2-0

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lawro always seems to have it in for us. Hopefully the players will see his piss poor prediction and it will spur them on.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I hate the Prick, he does my head in.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As much as I dislike lawro - he has a point that we will lose.... Its one of those games we should win but we will undoubtedly help out our fellow strugglers by giving them the 3pts they need!

Lawro is going for the "obvious" as he always does, but this is the double bluff situation wherein our lads know that Wolves will be going for it and Wolves know that we'll be going for it so it's going to be a matter of who blinks first - or rather who scores first.
If it's Wolves, I think our lads might have the resolve to get back into it - but if we score first I think that Wolves' are likely to capitulate more easily.
Lawro's not right very often.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wonderslut wrote:
If it's Wolves, I think our lads might have the resolve to get back into it

On what evidence, the number of times we've turned games round this season?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

How many times has Lawro predicted we would win and we have? I think he has predicted a Wolves win to make sure that we do.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interestingly in the "Mark Lawrenson prediction table" he currently has us on 19 points.

I think there's a trend there somewhere.

(oh and he has wolves on 43)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm predicting a Wolves win, what's the big deal?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

another factoid, this fixture will pit the together the two teams with the best records against the bottom 5.

a clash of the titans in many respects.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

We will win 3-1 to us.

HarveyKorman

HarveyKorman
David Ngog
David Ngog

We will win this game 2-1. You heard it here first.

It'll be 3-0 for us. Come on you whites!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When we played Wolves at the Reebok we scored first and looked comfortable. In the second half they equalised and the game ended honours even.

If we can score first tomorrow then we should be in the driving seat but if Wolves score first then I reckon we are goosed.

At least Phil Tuffnell says we will win. When was the last time we won 3 league games in a row? Infact when was the last time we scored in 3 consecutive league games? I know we did first 3 games of the season but not sure if we have done it since.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lost 1-3 away at Swansea, beat Stoke 5-1, then lost 1-2 at West Brom..

The last time we won three Premier games on the bounce goes back to Allardyce's time (I think I'm right in saying) -

23/12/06 - City away 2-0, 26/12/06 - Newcastle at home 2-1, 30/12/06 - Portsmouth at home 3-2.

Note - we had won our previous two games also - 9/12/06 - West Ham 4-0, and Villa 1-0.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sorry Sluffy, we beat Stoke 5-0.

I really wish I could get paid thousands of pounds to predict the wrong results.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would rather Lawro back against us because he nearly always gets it wrong.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I have noticed this trend.
It would be nice to see a Lawro vs actual score for our seasons.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum