Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yeovil 2-2 Bolton

+19
terenceanne
CEF
Norpig
Numpty 28723
rammywhite
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
scottjames30
karlypants
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Tue 18 Mar - 20:49

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Most clubs fans have travelled well to Yeovil (standing and new ground and all that) but not many have to go as far as us Lancashire fans.

Burnley - 1705
Blackburn 1074

So if Karly's numbers are correct then it will be a very good turnout, considering how you've done so far this season.

22Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Tue 18 Mar - 22:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yeovil went to Wigan tonight and gave them a run for their money. 0-0 at half time. 3-3 it finished.
Five goals in the last 10 minutes. They're no pushovers.

23Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Wed 19 Mar - 7:00

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:Yeovil went to Wigan tonight and gave them a run for their money. 0-0 at half time. 3-3 it finished.
Five goals in the last 10 minutes. They're no pushovers.

You're correct Doff - they're in a bigger dogfight than us and last nights point means they'll  be up for this one believing they can take us.
I think they probably will

24Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Wed 19 Mar - 10:11

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yeovil 2 - 3 Bolton (Mason, Medo, Moritz)

Bolton fans going to the game prepare to be intimidated by chants like these:

Were avin a party when Johnson dies,
were avin a party when johnson dies,
jelly and ice cream when johnson dies,
jelly and ice cream when johnson dies,
pot noodle when johnson dies,
pot noodle when johnson dies,
lemon sherberts when johnson dies,
lemon sherberts when johnson dies.

We’ve got the best keeper in the league
we’ve got the best keeper in the league
we’ve got the best keeper in the league 
we’ve got the best keeper in the league.

Adam your aloud of rubbish you know-w-w you are rubbish. Are you Scottish?
(repeat Xto)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

25Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Wed 19 Mar - 12:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lets hope last nights performance has worn them out for Saturday, as Rammy says they are in a dogfight and will see this as a must win for them. I can see a narrow 2-1 loss for us

26Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Wed 19 Mar - 12:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So now we're the underdogs?

27Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Wed 19 Mar - 22:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Deadman on the whistle

Darren Deadman will take charge of Wanderers’ clash visit to Yeovil Town on Saturday afternoon.

After officiating his first Championship fixture back in January 2006, the Cambridgeshire based referee has been the man in the middle of 28 games so far this term, issuing 95 yellow cards and five red cards during the current campaign.

Deadman first took charge of a Wanderers match in September 2011 when goals from Chris Eagles and Gael Kakuta saw Bolton defeat Aston Villa in the League Cup.

In total, he has taken charge of three Wanderers games with the Whites winning all three, including a 2-0 victory away at Bournemouth earlier this season.

Keith Lawson and Mark Derrien will run the line, while Charles Breakspear is the fourth official. 

28Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Thu 20 Mar - 8:25

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Ref watch: Deadman on the whistle

Deadman first took charge of a Wanderers match in September 2011 
Are you sure?  Smile 

I could have sworn Dougie took charge much later than that.  Very Happy 

Oh sorry, I thought it said BrainDeadman.  Laughing

29Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Thu 20 Mar - 11:58

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Apparently Dougie has come out and admitted he made a mistake dropping Danns for Trotter against Derby. I assume therefore Danns will be a definite starter. Just the lottery of the other 10 now - guess away guys!!!

I'm going for a tentative 2-1 to the Whites.

P.s. Nat, if you predict a 3-1 defeat EVERY game, you are bound to get it right eventually. Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day!!

30Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Thu 20 Mar - 11:59

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

* against Brighton doh!

31Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Thu 20 Mar - 12:17

Apart from anymore illness/injury I'd assume the team will be:

Bogdan

Hutton Wheater Ream Baptiste

Spearing

Medo Danns

Mavies

Mason Juke

32Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Thu 20 Mar - 12:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Apart from anymore illness/injury I'd assume the team will be:

Bogdan

Hutton Wheater Ream Baptiste

Spearing

Medo        Danns

Mavies

Mason Juke

Probably, but I think Spearing should be dropped and Ream should play midfield with Knight coming into the back four. I just think that Ream is less likely to hand over possession through poor passing than Spearing is ATM.

Also I'm still waiting to see what the Juke/Beckford partnership would be like. I have a feeling it would be better than Juke/Mason, especially for away games when we've been missing pace up front. I assume Becks is now fit? Plus it would give me a chance to recycle the Juke/Becks Jury joke yet again.

33Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Thu 20 Mar - 13:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatever happens Danns must be in the team with Mavies, they are the two players who drive us forward from midfield and they were both missed against Brighton.

34Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Thu 20 Mar - 13:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Yeovil Town

Competing in the same division for the first ever time this season, Bolton and Yeovil have had to rely on being drawn together in cup competitions for rare opportunities to pit their wits against each other.

With only three previous meetings it is Bolton who hold the upper-hand, having won both FA Cup and League Cup clashes under Sam Allardyce in the early noughties, while a late Alex Baptiste equaliser earned Wanderers a share of the points at the Reebok Stadium earlier in the season.

Late goals have been a regular occurrence in this fixture over the years, as a last-minute strike from Michael Ricketts secured Bolton a 2-1 win the first ever meeting between the two sides back in January 2001, while Julio Cesar and Henrik Pederson both found the back of the net in the last ten minutes to secure a similar result in September 2004. 

While the Championship may be new territory for many of Gary Johnson’s side, Yeovil are no strangers to a relegation fight and know every point now counts more than ever heading into the final few weeks of the season.

Having hung onto their League One status in three successive seasons in the late-noughties, the Glovers will be hoping history can repeat itself as they look to close the gap on 21st placed Charlton Athletic.

However, with the Addicks boasting games in hand and a superior goals difference, Yeovil know the size of the task that awaits them.

Confidence at Huish Park is the highest it has been all season however after the club embarked on a five-match unbeaten run late last month.

Although that was ended by Ipswich Town earlier in March, a late Ishmael Miller brace and last-minute Luke Ayling strike secured Yeovil a share of the points from a dramatic clash with promotion-chasing Wigan Athletic in their last outing.

Miller has been Yeovil’s star-man this season since joining the club on loan from Nottingham Forest back in November.

After bagging a debut strike in the Glovers’ 3-0 away win over Watford, the forward has not looked back, going on to register nine goals already this season from just 16 appearances.

And although his season was interrupted by having to return to Forest at the start of January, a second loan move was soon arranged, allowing the former Manchester City man to soon pick up where he left off.

Despite being written off as certainties for relegation at the start of the campaign, Yeovil have proven themselves to be no easy pushovers this year.

Even if they do end up retreating back to League One come May, they can do so with their heads held high. However, with their fate currently firmly in their own hands, the Glovers will be hoping to improve their chances of survival when the Whites come to town this weekend.

35Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Thu 20 Mar - 13:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It will also be pay on the day for this game with a £2 increase.

36Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Fri 21 Mar - 12:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman - Yeovil a tough test

Dougie Freedman has called for his side to maintain their recent level of away performances ahead of the upcoming trip to Yeovil Town.

In their two most recent away outings Wanderers brushed aside Leeds United at Elland Road before grinding out an impressive point at promotion-chasing Derby County.

And having seen Yeovil come from behind to draw with FA Cup semi-finalists Wigan Athletic in midweek, the Wanderers boss is refusing to take Gary Johnson’s side for granted.

With virtually a fully fit squad available for the trip to Huish Park, Freedman has called on his players to repeat their recent performances on the road.

“Yeovil is a very difficult place to go and try and get a result,” Freedman said. “We need to make sure that we are at the top of our game, physically and mentally.

“If we are we are very capable of getting a result, but if we are not, as teams have shown, you can slip up down there.

“They are a very well-organised team with a very good manager. Gary Johnson knows what he is doing; he has been a manager for a long time and knows exactly how to get the best of his players.”

The Scot continued: “I watched them in midweek [vs Wigan] and I thought they were excellent. They showed fantastic spirit and this won’t be an easy game.

“I’ve been to Huish Park as a player and it’s a small ground. The fans get right behind the team win, lose or draw.

“That’s a big ally for them and if we are not on top of our game as we were at Leeds and Derby then we’re in for a very difficult afternoon.

“We’ll take this game the way it should be approached. Very professional, looking at their weaknesses and their strengths and approaching it in a way I believe we can win the game. Our away form and results this season has mostly been good, we need to keep that up.”

37Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Sat 22 Mar - 13:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is the URL for the TV stream from last week's match. Does anyone know if there's an index where I can check to see if this site has a stream for today's game?

38Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Sat 22 Mar - 13:58

Click the wizwig logo at the top of the screen I think mate.

39Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Sat 22 Mar - 14:01

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

where the chat box?

40Yeovil 2-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Yeovil 2-2 Bolton Sat 22 Mar - 14:03

Team is - 

Bogdan, Hutton, Knight, Ream, Baptiste, Spearing, Medo, Mavies, Danns, Mason, Juke.

Bench - Wheater, Lee, Lonergen, Hall, Moritz, Trotter, Beckford

Last edited by bwfc1874 on Sat 22 Mar - 14:11; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum