Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Yeovil.

+22
chipbutty
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
Keegan
wanderlust
Mo
Sluffy
gloswhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Whitesince63
Tigermin
kennster
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
NickFazer
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
scottjames30
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 17:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have to win this one, don't we ?

We can't lose even if we're as shite as we were against Leeds and Blackburn, this is a six pointer against our relegation rivals , so if we're going to stay up we have got to win games like this and hope Barnsley lose too.

If we don't get three points will it be the end for Freedman ?

The problem we have is this game won't be easy, Yeovil will raise their game and be hard to break down, a win is a must though.

COYWM!

2Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 17:13

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Be the end of us if we dont win.

3Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 17:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nah we'll still play the next game if we lose/draw

4Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 17:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd put money on Yeovil coming away with something, they will be up for this one and no doubt their manager will just say to them go and put some pressure on our back for, try and sneak an early goal to get the crowd on their backs.

IMO whoever scores first will win it.

5Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 18:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hard one to call considering our shit run of results lately.

This game could go either way.

6Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 19:01

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can see the atmosphere getting poisonous fairly quickly if we don't start well and get in front. The fans need to keep behind the team and provide support but I suspect the boo boys will be out pretty quick especially if we go behind.

7Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 19:04

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yeovil 2 Bolton 1, mark my word's.:falltopieces:

8Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 19:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Yeovil 2 Bolton 1, mark my word's.:falltopieces:
I hope you and I are both wrong as I can only see a draw at best and we all know a point isn't good enough. Mad

9Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 19:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We never win games like this. It'll be a shitty 1-1 draw or a narrow defeat.

10Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 19:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unconvincing win which will give freedman a few more games, unfortunately.

It's the first time I've thought that its time for Dougie to go, when you think about it he has never had us playing amazing football. Even through the run last year we were nothing special and always fucked it up in the important games (Leicester away, Blackpool home). We need to bring in someone experienced and that will play to this teams strengths, rather than silly formations and one striker upfront..

11Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 19:58

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The result is irrelevant when you consider that we have Blackpool and Birmingham away after this game.

If he beats Yeovil then he fights for another day but he'll be in a worst position the next weekend.

12Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 19:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Unconvincing win which will give freedman a few more games, unfortunately.

It's the first time I've thought that its time for Dougie to go, when you think about it he has never had us playing amazing football. Even through the run last year we were nothing special and always fucked it up in the important games (Leicester away, Blackpool home). We need to bring in someone experienced and that will play to this teams strengths, rather than silly formations and one striker upfront..
Tony Pulis is our man.;

13Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 20:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Unconvincing win which will give freedman a few more games, unfortunately.

Tony Pulis is our man.;
I would take any manager with experience right now with the likes of Pulis, McCarthy and Billy Davies etc.

Never wanted Freedman especially with his lack of experience!

God knows what made fartside pick Freedman after only having a decent season at Palace, probably due to how cheap he was compared to other managers.

14Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 20:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha the teams "strengths"

Good luck with that.

Tony Pulis is just another Megson, fills the team with "grafters." Became stagnant at Stoke, fun for 5 minutes and will get you nowhere long time.

15Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 20:21

karlypants wrote:I would take any manager with experience right now with the likes of Pulis, McCarthy and Billy Davies etc.
Yes I can certainly see McCarthy or Davies leaving their clubs to come to us.

Tony Pulis? That's just depressing.

Sounds to me like a lot of fans want us to get in one of these better known names purely because they've heard of them, which is ridiculous.

16Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 20:26

Hipster_Nebula wrote:haha the teams "strengths"

Good luck with that.

Tony Pulis is just another Megson, fills the team with "grafters." Became stagnant at Stoke, fun for 5 minutes and will get you nowhere long time.

Exactly, we're shit in the air and it's well established the team is 'lightweight', how would appointing Tony Pulis help?! It comes down to fans wanting somebody they've heard of and not being willing to give time to those they haven't.

I don't get the 'silly formations' criticism of Freedman either, 4231 is a standard formation these days. Coyle would only play 442 and got panned for it, it's a bit of a joke really.

17Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 20:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
karlypants wrote:I would take any manager with experience right now with the likes of Pulis, McCarthy and Billy Davies etc.
Yes I can certainly see McCarthy or Davies leaving their clubs to come to us.

Tony Pulis? That's just depressing.

Sounds to me like a lot of fans want us to get in one of these better known names purely because they've heard of them, which is ridiculous.
Who would you go for know-it-all ?

Or are you happy with what you've seen so far.

18Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 21:14

Know-it-all? Bit strong, I wouldn't claim to know everything Scott. I don't think we'll get an improvement so I'd back Dougie to turn it round.

Do you know any other managers you'd like?

19Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 21:58

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Its all too easy to blame the manager I'm afraid. The real culprits are the ones who pull on the shirt and take to the field, it doesn't matter what formation you play if you don't put a shift in and I have to say that we have too many that don't then you will lose more often than not. 

If these players have any pride then they need to show it on Saturday, weather they get on with Freedman or not, weather they agree with his tactics or not, weather they like their team mates or not they get paid to play for this club and none of them have performed for a full 90 minutes in any game so far this season. That is why we are bottom of this league, Freedman will ultimately carry the can but even though this lot are no where near good enough to challenge for promotion they are certainly not so crap that we should be propping up the league.

20Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 22:03

NickFazer wrote:Its all too easy to blame the manager I'm afraid. The real culprits are the ones who pull on the shirt and take to the field, it doesn't matter what formation you play if you don't put a shift in and I have to say that we have too many that don't then you will lose more often than not. 

If these players have any pride then they need to show it on Saturday, weather they get on with Freedman or not, weather they agree with his tactics or not, weather they like their team mates or not they get paid to play for this club and none of them have performed for a full 90 minutes in any game so far this season. That is why we are bottom of this league, Freedman will ultimately carry the can but even though this lot are no where near good enough to challenge for promotion they are certainly not so crap that we should be propping up the league.
I agree Nick. Unfortunately though there are too many half wits out there who think all of our problems can be solved by going 442 and booting it long (despite the fact these same fans moaned when Coyle had us doing that).

People wanting Pulis or Mick McCarthy in are laughable, we'd be fucked with either in charge we don't have the players to play their system and you can forget it if anyone thinks either would give youth a go. The fans would hate them in no time, but at least Scott's (probably) heard of them both.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum