Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Yeovil.

+22
chipbutty
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
Keegan
wanderlust
Mo
Sluffy
gloswhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Whitesince63
Tigermin
kennster
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
NickFazer
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
scottjames30
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 20:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pulis didn't do too well at the Reebok the season after our Wembley disaster. We stuffed them 5-0.

42Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 20:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

fans are so impatient nowadays.

we're not chelsea people.

43Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 20:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A disaster I wouldn't go that far, he sets teams up very much like big sam did and that wasn't a disaster for us.

Their is negative tactics then their is playing to your strengths and IMO that's is exactly what Pulis did at Stoke.

He wouldn't be my first choice but I guarantee you we wouldn't be as leaky at the back than what we are right now.

44Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 20:44

In reality Allardyce gets far more flair in his teams than Pulis ever has. Aside from a brief time when he had Etherington and Pennant on either flank Pulis's teams were absolutely dire. The fact they both played direct is far too basic a comparison to make and the fact he ended up dropping Pennant to stick Walters on the right of a 5 man midfield says it all about him.

You only need to look at the players and excitement we had during the Allardyce years and compare it to what Stoke had under Pulis, there's no comparison.

I say he'd be a disaster because I seriously doubt he'd be able to get this defence keeping clean sheets and that's what he relies on. We don't have the funds to change the personnel and he's pretty poor in the transfer market anyway - Palacios, Crouch and Kenwyne Jones nearly £30 million with zero re sale value.

45Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 23:07

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He'd still do better than our muppet, but then so would most of us. Well we could hardly do worse could we? Look we've been breaking records negatively since Coyle began his demise but even he never plumbed these depths, but then nobody in over 100 years has. You keep making excuses for him and eventually we'll run out of records to beat. Wonder what the odds would be on us never winning one game all season?

46Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 23:14

Where are these excuses I've made for him? We're talking about Tony Pulis Whites. 

I thought we spoke yesterday about you actually reading posts? You're clearly looking for any excuse to go on one of your rants again. I get the picture, you think everything that Dougie Freedman has ever done at the club is disgracefully poor and even the biggest idiot could do a better job.

I think he's made mistakes, but has some positive attributes and I'd like him to continue.

We're never going to see eye to eye on this so why not agree to disagree instead of these boring exchanges?

47Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Wed Sep 25 2013, 08:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the pair of you are boring the arse off me now with this constant one-upmanship - give it a rest!

48Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Wed Sep 25 2013, 22:44

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Actually 74 you've hit the nail on the head I really do think everything Freedman has done is disgracefully poor and I think results prove that. I'm not looking for excuses or going on rants just stating facts, which you constantly seem to ignore. I think eventually though we will see eye to eye but unfortunately only when it's too late. If you're bored with exchanges why are you on a message board? That is what they are for. You rate Fredman and see something in him. I don't but eventually one of us will be proved right and at that time I'll accept your apology.

49Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Wed Sep 25 2013, 23:27

Just stating fact? Whites that is laughable, you never state facts.

Well you tried to claim it was fact our run last year was luck (need to look up the definition of a fact I think).

You also tried to claim Dougie had grossly mis handled players, whenever I mention it though you disappear for the night. A complete invention if we're being honest.

That's why Im bored of these exchanges Whites, you don't make any real points you just say everything is shit, there's not a scrap of objectivity to your posts. There's so many genuine points to criticise at the moment, but you can't think of any so you just make things up! IMO Dougie needs to get more out of the players we have here, if the motivation isn't right that's mainly down to him, he could also do with playing another creative/attacking player at the moment.

You've clearly been waiting since day one for an opportunity to slate Freedman, I just find it strange that you're willing him to fail simply because he's not Jimmy Phillips.

50Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 08:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

zzzzz...... still boring me lads

51Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 12:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:zzzzz...... still boring me lads
Yeah can we stop having debates please.

In fact everyone just stop posting.

:trust: 

52Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 13:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they aren't debates they are just who can piss higher contests between 2 people to the exclusion of everyone else
i wish you would stop posting your oh so clever ironic and sarcastic posts as well Hipster.

53Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 13:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Click on my name and on the right there's an option "add to foes list"

then you won't have to see my posts.

54Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 13:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

oh and lets add patronising to the list as well shall we?

55Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 13:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not patronising just trying to help. Some people aren't aware of that option.

56Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 13:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ok Hipster, it't not you i have an issue with really, as i generally find you to be an intelligent poster on here, the other two on this thread squabbling like kids gets right on my nerves though!

57Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 18:03

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sorry Norpig I just don't seem to be able to get through to 74 that I DON'T HAVE ANY FAITH OR TIME FOR FREEDMAN. There, now that's as objective as I'm going to be on the subject whoever I reply to. Just allow me one more direct response to 74 and then I promise I'll leave him to his own beliefs but why is it that 74 tells us what he should be doing with players, formations and that he needs to get more out of them and struggles with motivation then tells us he needs more time. To do what? We're already as low as we can get because of this, it's not more time he needs it's calling time, hopefully after Saturday. Sorry, last rant over.

58Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 18:29

Norpig wrote:ok Hipster, it't not you i have an issue with really, as i generally find you to be an intelligent poster on here, the other two on this thread squabbling like kids gets right on my nerves though!
Stop whining and just don't read it then. For instance I choose not to read the 'vote for who's a legend' or 'dinner' topics because I've no interest in them, I don't start asking them to stop.

It's a football forum, we have a difference of opinion on a BWFC related topic, if I want to argue against something I don't believe to be true then I will do.

59Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 19:12

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

74 at last something we can agree on. Amazes me how some posters like to tell others what they should or shouldn't say. You and I have different views on how best to get BWFC back to it's best at the moment but at least we can have a discussion about it even if sometimes it does pee others off occasionally. At least we don't revert to swearing at each other or posting abusive comments on twitter or u tube, even if I knew how!! Even though I don't agree with your views believe me I do respect them.

60Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Thu Sep 26 2013, 19:23

Agreed Whites, I respect yours too. With the club in such a dire state we're bound to see some conflicting opinions! If only the players gave as much of a shit as we do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum