Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Late replacements lay it on the line for Bolton Wanderers

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This answers a few questions on team selection .

WANDERERS were struck by two late withdrawals before Saturday’s derby – but Dougie Freedman had no complaints with the men who stepped in.
Joe Mason and Mark Davies (groin) were ruled out on the morning of the Wigan game, forcing the Wanderers boss into a quick tactical rethink.
Liam Trotter and Rob Hall, pictured, were plunged into action at the last minute but let no-one down in one of the Whites’ better home displays this season.
“They put every ounce in,” Freedman beamed.
“I brought them to the club and I believe in them. They are young guys and I know that down the road there will be disappointing days. There will be ups and downs.
“But I think they are the type of characters that will take this club forward because they put absolutely everything on the line.
“I want a team that’s proud to play for the football club. I want young players who want to make a living for themselves and show the Bolton fans that they want to wear the shirt.
“That’s not necessarily with a goal or a penalty save, sometimes it’s hunger and desire to get stuck in and make sure the game is played at a good pace.”
Davies succumbed to the groin problem that saw him leave the field early against Blackpool in midweek, while Mason was struck down with a sickness bug.
Neil Danns also pulled out of the reckoning on Friday with a thigh strain – but Freedman praised the flexibility shown by Trotter, who played in behind Lukas Jutkiewicz and had his most encouraging display since signing from Millwall on loan.
“When I bring players to the club I try to make sure they can play two positions,” he said.
“That can be a massive benefit when the finances are a bit tight.

“I see Liam playing in the Medo (Kamara) role as well and then as a number 10 when it suits us.
“He’s a young lad and he’s still learning how we want him to play but I thought he was great today.”
source Bolton News

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is the Medo role? Right winger, because that's where you played him on Saturday to accommodate Baptiste when you brought him on.

You absolute tit.

Natasha Whittam wrote:What is the Medo role? Right winger, because that's where you played him on Saturday to accommodate Baptiste when you brought him on.

You absolute tit.

Has that really gone over your head?

Medo wasn't playing as a winger he was just asked to move right and help cover the subs that Wigan brought on.

Don't be so one dimensional.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Has that really gone over your head?

Medo wasn't playing as a winger he was just asked to move right and help cover the subs that Wigan brought on.

Don't be so one dimensional.

It was a ridiculous move and you know it. Until he moved things around we were comfortable, as soon as he put Medo out wide and Baptiste in midfield Wigan got on top and could have won it.

Leaving the ground most people were in agreement, I didn't hear anyone saying what a great tactical move to play two players out of position.

Not a great tactical move just a basic one. Wigan throwing on attacking players, mcmanam and Collison threatening so pull off some tired legs and out some better defenders on. We actually pushed them back after the subs came on. But Baptiste gave it away as we pressed and Wigan broke, Bogdan made a great save, then we came back lost it again and Powell finished what was a reasonably poor ball into the box superbly. At no point were we getting battered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum